• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush rated for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One in Australia

No, but are they really contemplating porting it to arcade cabinets? This looks to me like a classification meant to target all possible platforms (other than PS5 lol) in order to cover their bases.

Rhythm games still seem pretty popular in FECs and certain barcade locations, so an arcade release wouldn't surprise me. They'd probably farm it out to SEGA of Europe or SEGA of Japan, but Raw Thrills would be an outside possibility.

I honestly can't remember what I was arguing about that got me that tag it's been over five years.

Hindsight is 20/20 but just imagine how much more Starfield would have sold had it not been forced to be an Xbox exclusive? But now the cat is out the bag and even if they were to port the game to PS4/ Switch there's no way they would sell them same amount had it been there since day one instead.
So it's a concession to go 3rd party in this case, but a concession to remain exclusive in the other case?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So it's a concession to go 3rd party in this case, but a concession to remain exclusive in the other case?
No it means it doesn't make financial sense to spend more money to restrict the outflow of their products.

Imagine it they spent all of this money on this purchase deal and then decide that it would make sense to sell less by restricting the Call of Duty franchise to Xbox only.

I can't imagine Microsoft would be cutting off their nose to spite their face just to "get one over Sony" not when 87 billion dollars was just used.

Last edited:

Hugare

Aw man, Vigilante Joker and so many on ResetERA are gonna be PISSED! "It's just the Switch, you guys. Promise!!"

Welp....

Tho it's kinda funny there is no specific PS5 version. Then again, I don't think HiFi is the kind of game which would need that level of processing power, seeing how well it runs on things like the Steam Deck. I imagine PS5 and Switch 2 will just give some free perf boosts anyway.

This gives some validity to the recent Sea of Thieves port rumors, too. Heck, I'm guessing Pentiment could end up happening at some point as well. Wouldn't count on any of the "bigger" IP like Forza or Gears getting ports to other console until 2025 or later, though. Even so, the big test would be to see what happens with, say, Gears 6, or the next Forza Horizon. Or if Halo Infinite ends up getting ported to other consoles.

At that point it'd be quite clear what strategy is taking hold at MS for their gaming direction.

Well that game could definitely run on the Wii U without too many adjustments if you catch my drift...

Don't think that clause exists because even some of Sony's PS4 games don't have specific Pro or PS5 versions (The Order 1886, The Tomorrow Children...likely a few others I don't know about).
The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Infamous and etc were released before the Pro

AREYOUOKAY?

Wait… PS4 and X1? In 2023?

confused error GIF by Squirrel Monkey
My thoughts exactly when the latest Mana game gets a PS4 version but the Switch doesn't. Holding out on the latest Nintendo hardware maybe?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Special Thanks to Ojocolo of Famiboards for spotting this listing

ZRMMWHN.png

Draugoth Draugoth

Is the picture in OP your own or did you copy it from somewhere else? The top 2 lines with the date of classification are cut, wondering if you did that on purpose.

This is a year old page, not something that was 'just listed'.

Last edited:
The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Infamous and etc were released before the Pro

So the clause is only for games released after the Pro system?

Fake insider Zuby_Tech cropped it on twitter which is where OP probably got it from

Zuby_Tech has never claimed to be an insider AFAIK; they just report gaming news (mainly PS-centric) and have some speculations here and there. They're not trying to get notoriety off knowing insider stuff.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
So the clause is only for games released after the Pro system?

Zuby_Tech has never claimed to be an insider AFAIK; they just report gaming news (mainly PS-centric) and have some speculations here and there. They're not trying to get notoriety off knowing insider stuff.

He intentionally cropped this image to mislead people and does shit like this regularly. He’s a fraud and a paid twitter account farming engagement for money. Sad!

He intentionally cropped this image to mislead people and does shit like this regularly. He’s a fraud and a paid twitter account farming engagement for money. Sad!

Well it's either that or leave the original dates there to prove the game had non-Xbox/PC versions in development that were cancelled (or at least shelved) after all. So it'd of either fed into the current rumors, or affirmed a suspected action of the past (especially when many were saying there were no PS4 or Switch versions of HiFi Rush ever in development).

I feel that Xbox as consoles are over. Now everybody will wonder / think "hey I will just wait for the PS version" or Switch version if it's not a too visually demanding game (and with the Switch 2 it will maybe not be a problem anymore).

Seriously MS, once again, just become a 3rd party devs... Mass market never wanted your consoles and they want it less and less... You might succeed as 3rd party publishers but that's all...
This post is another one to add to the Gaf unintentional joke pile (it's an enormous pile).

DaGwaphics

It's a great game, very polished. Wasn't this on X1 already, seems like something that would scale. If it hits more platforms hopefully it will be appreciated. If no platforms get added, get off your lazy ass and try it on Xbox/PC. :messenger_winking_tongue:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

John Johanas only says there were no console versions AT ALL at the time the acquisition happened since the game at that time was running only on their development PCs. That video fragment doesn’t refute the current rumors.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Well it's either that or leave the original dates there to prove the game had non-Xbox/PC versions in development that were cancelled (or at least shelved) after all. So it'd of either fed into the current rumors, or affirmed a suspected action of the past (especially when many were saying there were no PS4 or Switch versions of HiFi Rush ever in development).

He didn’t think that deeply about it. Just cropped it to maximize engagement and make it look current.

And yea he is also a fake insider, right on cue.

IMG-9872.jpg

Top Bottom