• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush is coming to Nintendo Switch, says leaker

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Both Ori games are on Switch, and Nintendo also thanked "our friends at Microsoft" when Cuphead came to Switch. Obviously there's the Minecraft stuff as well.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the 2nd Ori game launching on Switch. My bad.

But Cuphead and Minecraft are also on PlayStation. So only the 2 Ori games are on Nintendo, and that's not "plenty of Microsoft games are on Nintendo." It's far from the norm for Xbox to port its games on Nintendo.

In fact, Moon Studios has made it clear multiple times that it was them that wanted to make the game multiplatform. And exclusivity was one of the big reasons why the fallout between Moon and Xbox happened.

qZQYUhv.jpg

Woopah

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 2nd Ori game launching on Switch. My bad.

But Cuphead and Minecraft are also on PlayStation. So only the 2 Ori games are on Nintendo, and that's not "plenty of Microsoft games are on Nintendo." It's far from the norm for Xbox to port its games on Nintendo.

In fact, Moon Studios has made it clear multiple times that it was them that wanted to make the game multiplatform. And exclusivity was one of the big reasons why the fallout between Moon and Xbox happened.

qZQYUhv.jpg
The posters original claim was "Switch has received a few Microsoft published games" which i would say is true.

Maybe it is Tango Gameworks pushing for Hi-Fi Rush on Switch, just like Moon Studios and Ori.

Astray

Gold Member
Maybe it is Tango Gameworks pushing for Hi-Fi Rush on Switch, just like Moon Studios and Ori.
Both decisions are at least partially up to Microsoft, but Tango Softworks is a wholly-owned Microsoft subsidiary, whatever decision they make will have likely started at the upper echelons of Microsoft Gaming.

Woopah

Both decisions are at least partially up to Microsoft, but Tango Softworks is a wholly-owned Microsoft subsidiary, whatever decision they make will have likely started at the upper echelons of Microsoft Gaming.
It works have to be approved by the higher ups, but it could have been Tango that first pitched it.

Astray

Gold Member
MS told us they’re going third party, it’s just some people chose not to listen. The dawning realisation of Xbox fans that it’s actually happening is going to lead to much amusement this year.
It's this weird denial in the face of increasing evidence that amazes me.

Microsoft paid dozens of billions on acquiring devs and publishing houses that were valued primarily on their strengths in multi-platform-driven revenue, they NEED to make ROI happen and fucking fast because shit like "accountability margins" and "MAUs" can only take you so far.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
MS told us they’re going third party, it’s just some people chose not to listen. The dawning realisation of Xbox fans that it’s actually happening is going to lead to much amusement this year.

Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You clearly didn’t listen to the FTC Microsoft court case. Satya Nadella, Microsoft chairman and CEO:

"If it was up to me, I would love to get rid of the entire sort of exclusives on consoles. And you know what? It is up to me. So that’s exactly what I’m gunna do bitches. Brap brap

Switch is not new though, they've put multiple games there already. Both Ori games are there, with very good ports mind you.

You clearly didn’t listen to the FTC Microsoft court case. Satya Nadella, Microsoft chairman and CEO:

"If it was up to me, I would love to get rid of the entire sort of exclusives on consoles. And you know what? It is up to me. So that’s exactly what I’m gunna do bitches. Brap brap
Well I guess you not only did not listen to him, you also did not read the transcript :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ozriel

M$FT
It's this weird denial in the face of increasing evidence that amazes me.

Microsoft paid dozens of billions on acquiring devs and publishing houses that were valued primarily on their strengths in multi-platform-driven revenue, they NEED to make ROI happen and fucking fast because shit like "accountability margins" and "MAUs" can only take you so far.

Thats why they signed cast iron deals to keep Call of Duty and Overwatch on all platforms, and pledged to bring COD to Switch (2)
That had nothing to do with going third party.

Sales don’t matter……..until Nadella saw the receipts on the games flopping.

You have insider knowledge that hi-fi Rush flopped?

Thats why they signed cast iron deals to keep Call of Duty and Overwatch on all platforms, and pledged to bring COD to Switch (2)
That had nothing to do with going third party.
Oh for sure. People are delusional thinking that Xbox is going third party (for some people it is akin religion at this point).

Releasing HF Rush on Switch is an L for sure - optics wise - that could be avoided. But it does not mean that Xbox is becoming third party.
Like Xbox released Ori years ago and nobody died since then (aside PS profit margins). We even reached a point where Schrodinger Xbox is a monopoly while also leaving the console business at the same time.

What's the point of going third party if the games don't sell on Playstation as people only play COD, Fortnite and FIFA there anyway? :messenger_tears_of_joy: And Xbox is already releasing games on PC too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom