• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush is coming to Nintendo Switch, says leaker

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony owns the Death Stranding trademark: https://trademarks.justia.com/871/07/death-87107685.html

And somehow that found its way to Game Pass on PC 🤔 I don't want people to think anything, clearly the case is different. Microsoft itself promoted the Switch ports of Ori, nothing on any of their socials said a single thing about ADF's PS announcement. Not even an Aaron Greenberg tweet.
Yes, exactly. Same thing. Sony owns Death Stranding. Sony was a part of the decision to port the game to PC. Without their explicit permission, it could not have happened.

Same thing for As Dusk Falls and Microsoft. Without Microsoft's own willingness and express desire and permission, the game could not come to PlayStation.

Gambit2483

This would sell extremely well on Switch/Switch 2 and MS needs sales. Hi-Fi Rush has probably done most of the sales it's ever going to do on Xbox. It makes sense to do what they did with Ori, Cuphead and the Minecraft games.

Its coming to other platforms as well, not just Switch.

They wouldn't be doing this if they hadn't accepted the notion that there are a plethora of markets, and a declining number of users in their stronger markets, that are opting to simply skip their HW altogether. And this isn't the only high-profile port coming to PS and Nintendo. There are games in dev right now whose intended launch platforms are Xbox, Steam, and Nintendo/PS.
I see. That's understandable, but it seems like Microsoft is delivering mixed messages about their future imo. Seems like they want to go third party with tactics like this, but it also seems like they want to stay in the hardware business as well if there really is another XBOX console(?) coming in 2026. Multiplatform releases and less genuine exclusives will most likely hurt the hardware sales of the new Microsoft platform even more I would feel.

There’s more high profile ports coming? Uh oh.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, exactly. Same thing. Sony owns Death Stranding. Sony was a part of the decision to port the game to PC. Without their explicit permission, it could not have happened.

Same thing for As Dusk Falls and Microsoft. Without Microsoft's own willingness and express desire and permission, the game could not come to PlayStation.

The problem with that is that in this case, rumors are being thrown left and right that it's a part of Microsoft's grand strategy. However, there is no ownership or even mentions of it on their part (specifically talking about ADF's example, we don't know if Hi Fi is real yet). You'd assume if this is a grand strategy, they would be welcoming it.

Not to even bring up the fact that they actually paid to get Indiana Jones stay exclusive to Xbox on console, and it was a relatively recent development between 2021 and 2023.

8bj6cr.jpg

It sounds like everyone gets what they want.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The problem with that is that in this case, rumors are being thrown left and right that it's a part of Microsoft's grand strategy. However, there is no ownership or even mentions of it on their part (specifically talking about ADF's example, we don't know if Hi Fi is real yet). You'd assume if this is a grand strategy, they would be welcoming it.

Not to even bring up the fact that they actually paid to get Indiana Jones stay exclusive to Xbox on console, and it was a relatively recent development between 2021 and 2023.
Sony ported Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn to PC and labeled them as "one-off instances." Wasn't PC a part of Sony's grand strategy?

It was, but it wasn't just revealed to us.

On the other hand, Xbox has been way more transparent than Sony about this. They literally told us this just ~40 days ago, and now we're seeing this plan being executed.

dd38eF2.jpg

As for Indiana Jones, that exclusivity was secured ~12-18 months ago. And that's why Tim Stuart said, "It's a bit of a change of strategy."

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Sony ported Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn to PC and labeled them as "one-off instances." Wasn't PC a part of Sony's grand strategy?

On the other hand, Xbox has been way more transparent than Sony about this. They literally told us this just ~40 days ago, and now we're seeing this plan being executed.

dd38eF2.jpg

As for Indiana Jones, that exclusivity was secured ~12-18 months ago. And that's why Tim Stuart said, "It's a bit of a change of strategy."
Exactly.

And I remember the threads about this article. Seems Tim Stuart was telling us, and some just don't wanna believe it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

It kinda was, all the way back in August '20. Part of their publicly released Corporate Report. Page 43.

. We will
explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform,
in order to promote further growth in our profitability.

dd38eF2.jpg

Tim is talking about bringing Game Pass to Nintendo and Sony. Do you think Sony will allow Game Pass on their platform?

But then this is more recent ..

i2U3tbT.jpg

And as for Indiana Jones, the FTC hearings were not too long before Stuart said that, surely you don't think they pivoted the strategy that quickly. Especially with folks here saying things 'every single game in development has a PS5 build as well'. You'd imagine that would be something cooking by the time those FTC hearings took place.

Last edited:
He sounds like crapgamer from a while ago.

Hi-fi rush is a small game and considering the devs I'm thinking this was the plan. Xbox get it first, once sales are exhausted bring it to the Switch.

Not sure why they can't enjoy games on other platforms and just accept the order of the companies. They seem hell bent on Xbox like their life depends on it, these are guys in their 30s-50s.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
2nd best game of last year. Don't sleep.

GHG

This guy is insufferable. I have no idea why he (and others like him) continue to allow themselves to be stringed along like this.

The signal was made loud and clear in 2016 when they stated all Xbox games would also be coming to PC on day of release, no compromises, no exceptions. What we've also seen since then is them actually lean more into PC than they do console. There have been games that they have released on PC but with a delay until the console release, and some of their games have features on PC (VR, RT, various peripheral support) that they are not offering to their console players. And why not? There are far more customers on PC for them than there ever will be on Xbox consoles.

Why is he holding on to this console for dear life when they've made it clear they don't care about it? Between these statements and Klobrille's previous "second class citizen" statement, it makes me wonder if these people are tuned in to reality or not. If you want the best gaming experience from Xbox now then you need to invest in the platform that represents Microsoft's bread and butter, not their side hustle.

Let it go brahs, it's over, and it has been for a while.

He sounds like crapgamer from a while ago.

Yep, these meltdowns are very reminiscent of the one crapgamer had a while ago with the PC announcement:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I am surprised Jizz and some others are having meltdowns over a low budget title like this. Honestly didn't see that coming, I guess that guy nailed it.

Also, we're all Xbox.
Phil: Just as I consider ROG Ally and Steam Deck as part of the Xbox community, it's necessary to consider the numerous Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community going forward.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Yeah. I can't see putting one of your big hitters on competing platforms and hoping it sways them over to your platform with a sequel. If anything it endorses most people to skip your platform and wait until you release it on the one they have already. If this is true, Microsoft can be utter morons at times.

They aren't in a position to be lenient with their titles. They are still in 3rd place. Decisions like this one doesn't make it very hard to see why.

Astray

Gold Member
The only reason they would even remotely consider doing something like this is because they have no intention of competing seriously in the console space anymore.

Why else would you port even a small game to a competitor's device? You don't see Nintendo or Sony porting things like Astro's playroom or the latest Kirby game to Xbox.

Ozriel

M$FT

dd38eF2.jpg

How does putting a smaller title on Switch translate to ‘GamePass on every screen, including competitors’?

Ozriel

M$FT
The only reason they would even remotely consider doing something like this is because they have no intention of competing seriously in the console space anymore.

Why else would you port even a small game to a competitor's device? You don't see Nintendo or Sony porting things like Astro's playroom or the latest Kirby game to Xbox.

Were they giving up when they put Ori on Switch, years ago?
Was that followed up by Forza Horizon 5 or Halo? Or even stuff like Grounded or Pentiment?

This just looks like they’re agreeing with the FTC that there’s sufficient market differentiation between Xbox and Switch that it makes sense to explore opportunities to release games down the line on the device to capture additional revenue.

Topher

Gold Member
Tim is talking about bringing Game Pass to Nintendo and Sony.

He said "first party experiences and our subscription services". Now that may not be the case as Tim has said shit in the past that turned out to be bogus such as claiming they were taking Bethesda games on PS on a "case by case" basis. That was bullshit so I don't really trust Stuart for being reliable especially when Phil Spencer immediately had to clarify with the "no plans" statement. I think he talks out of his ass a bit.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He said "first party experiences and our subscription services". Now that may not be the case as Tim has said shit in the past that turned out to be bogus such as claiming they were taking Bethesda games on PS on a "case by case" basis. That was bullshit so I don't really trust Stuart for being reliable especially when Phil Spencer immediately had to clarify with the "no plans" statement. I think he talks out of his ass a bit.
FYI - regarding that "case by case" basis statement by Tim Stuart, that wasn't a bogus claim per se. Microsoft was using Tim to deliberately put that statement out so it could help with/mislead regulators.

Tim knew that the case by case claim was bullshit, but he said it because that's what Microsoft/Phil Spencer wanted Tim to say.

Here's the proof:

(from the leaked FTC documents; the 2nd statement is by Tim Stuart)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
FYI - regarding that "case by case" basis statement by Tim Stuart, that wasn't a bogus claim per se. Microsoft was using Tim to deliberately put that statement out so it could help with/mislead regulators.

Tim knew that the case by case claim was bullshit, but he said it because that's what Microsoft/Phil Spencer wanted Tim to say.

Here's the proof:

(from the leaked FTC documents; the 2nd statement is by Tim Stuart)

Wait.....isn't that proof that it absolutely was a bogus claim? Edit: lol....your post confused me. You said it wasn't "bogus per se" but it was bullshit. Make up your mind man! :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

adamsapple

Exactly, Phil was pretty quick to come out with his statement after Tim's interview, they probably saw how Tim's statements were being perceived online and wanted a quick clarification.

Topher

Gold Member
Exactly, Phil was pretty quick to come out with his statement after Tim's interview, they probably saw how Tim's statements were being perceived online and wanted a quick clarification.

Yes....but he clarified the Game Pass aspect and said nothing of "first party experiences". That's the thing. Microsoft could shut up all this third party talk if they wanted to, but they are not doing that. Anyone who doesn't like all this third party talk really should be focusing their concerns towards Phil Spencer.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wait.....isn't that proof that it absolutely was a bogus claim? Edit: lol....your post confused me. You said it wasn't "bogus per se" but it was bullshit. Make up your mind man! :messenger_beaming:
You said, "Tim made claims that turned out to be bogus." I understood as if Tim's statements were made out of ignorance and were incorrect to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that:
  • Tim's statement on Bethesda was "bogus," because he was intentionally lying.
  • It wasn't "bogus" in the sense that he shared an incorrect statement unintentionally.
(I can't come up with the right words right now, but I hope you got what I was trying to say).

Topher

Gold Member
You said, "Tim made claims that turned out to be bogus." I understood as if Tim's statements were made out of ignorance and were incorrect to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that:
  • Tim's statement on Bethesda was "bogus," because he was intentionally lying.
  • It wasn't "bogus" in the sense that he shared an incorrect statement unintentionally.
(I can't come up with the right words right now, but I hope you got what I was trying to say).

Ah....ok, I follow. Thanks for the clarification.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yes....but he clarified the Game Pass aspect and said nothing of "first party experiences". That's the thing. Microsoft could shut up all this third party talk if they wanted to, but they are not doing that. Anyone who doesn't like all this third party talk really should be focusing their concerns towards Phil Spencer.
No, Phil is playing. It's very clear. Too much smoke otherwise:
  • Tim mentions a change in strategy and says Xbox wants "first-party Xbox experiences and Xbox subscriptions" on every screen possible - including Nintendo and PlayStation.
  • Mere days later, Xbox announces Blade but doesn't confirm exclusivity. Journalists reach out and specifically ask about exclusivity and Microsoft declines to comment.
  • Xbox first-party game, As Dusk Falls, gets announced for PlayStation. Shinobi confirms that this is not the only game; there will be more.
  • Now there is a solid leak that Hi-Fi Rush is launching on at least Nintendo.
Too many coincidences and too much smoke.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I hope it's not true (hear me out) as the Switch is outdated tech. Now have Hi-Fi Rush release on the successor Switch 2 instead on launch. You have to feel sorry for the devs as they are making critically acclaimed games that their own compatriots won't ever play otherwise.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I see. That's understandable, but it seems like Microsoft is delivering mixed messages about their future imo. Seems like they want to go third party with tactics like this, but it also seems like they want to stay in the hardware business as well if there really is another XBOX console(?) coming in 2026. Multiplatform releases and less genuine exclusives will most likely hurt the hardware sales of the new Microsoft platform even more I would feel.

There’s more high profile ports coming? Uh oh.

That's because Microsoft is struggling to figure out who they really are and who they want to be in the video game industry. They are being pulled from two different directions. It's clear that the higher-ups want Xbox games to be literally everywhere, but some of the lower executives who have been around since the Xbox 360 era realize how bad this will be for the Xbox fanbase and Xbox Hardware going forward.

Gambit2483

Screenshot-2024-01-07-09-51-12-27-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb-2.jpg

Who would have thought the business rationale of selling software matters. Not some useless engagement metrics 🥴

"Why not everything?"

Yes jez you are seeing where this is going.
Exactly, Hi-Fi Rush could have had 8 million people playing it, but that means nothing if it couldn't even crack 1 millions sales. Meanwhile Nintendo's games are consistently multi-million sellers, they don't need the extra few sales they "might" get somewhere else.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah. I can't see putting one of your big hitters on competing platforms and hoping it sways them over to your platform with a sequel. If anything it endorses most people to skip your platform and wait until you release it on the one they have already. If this is true, Microsoft can be utter morons at times.

They aren't in a position to be lenient with their titles. They are still in 3rd place. Decisions like this one doesn't make it very hard to see why.

When you're right, you're right.
No, Phil is playing. It's very clear. Too much smoke otherwise:
  • Tim mentions a change in strategy and says Xbox wants "first-party Xbox experiences and Xbox subscriptions" on every screen possible - including Nintendo and PlayStation.
  • Mere days later, Xbox announces Blade but doesn't confirm exclusivity. Journalists reach out and specifically ask about exclusivity and Microsoft declines to comment.
  • Xbox first-party game, As Dusk Falls, gets announced for PlayStation. Shinobi confirms that this is not the only game; there will be more.
  • Now there is a solid leak that Hi-Fi Rush is launching on at least Nintendo.
Too many coincidences and too much smoke.

Technically Microsoft did respond about Blade. They said go talk to Bethesda about that 😂

ungalo

Is this guy crying for exclusivity when all Xbox games are on PC day one since many years ago ? Sometimes I think this particular batch of xbox fanboys are simple retarded.
For once his take is anything but retarded. It's just one more line being crossed.

Xbox games day one on PC already make the console lose some of its interest, but ports on other consoles are even worse, that's pretty simple.

I don't understand why certain people call that fanboyism. People bought a console on a certain premise and they get fucked.

Last edited:

adamsapple

FWIW, the same nate the hate is also saying that this is still working on a case by case basis, not that every game will be coming elsewhere.

upndql9.jpg

Top Bottom