• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush is coming to Nintendo Switch, says leaker

Fox Mulder

A lot of their games could be ported really. Like Rare Replay would sell on the Switch and isn’t doing shit on the Xbox after this long. They are already fine with putting Halo on PC, why not the Switch too.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
FWIW, the same nate the hate is also saying that this is still working on a case by case basis, not that every game will be coming elsewhere.

upndql9.jpg
If this is true, then this confirms that they have changed their strategy. And their new strategy is to make their first-party games multiplatform (and essentially act as a third-party publisher).

It is just that those games will be selected on a case-by-case basis. And not all games will get that treatment, but multiple games will.

Honestly, good for Xbox. I do believe this is their only way out of the mess they are in. If MAU is what they are after, they will have to stop treating Nintendo and PlayStation as competition at some stage.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
For once his take is anything but retarded. It's just one more line being crossed.

Xbox games day one on PC already make the console lose some of its interest, but ports on other consoles are even worse, that's pretty simple.

I don't understand why certain people call that fanboyism. People bought a console on a certain premise and they get fucked.
Im sorry but buying a Xbox for EXCLUSIVITY is retarded ... you can buy for many reasons,for example if you suport the brand, you like the ecosystem and functionalities or you just want to play xbox games on a closed console.... BUT the xbox console is the ONLY platform without a single exclusive, all the others have some kind of exclusivity ( even pc ).. so yes buying a xbox console for exclusivity and crying about it is retarded imho.

Last edited:
Sony owns the Death Stranding trademark: https://trademarks.justia.com/871/07/death-87107685.html

And somehow that found its way to Game Pass on PC 🤔 I don't want people to think anything, clearly the case is different. Microsoft itself promoted the Switch ports of Ori, nothing on any of their socials said a single thing about ADF's PS announcement. Not even an Aaron Greenberg tweet.
There is very likely an agreement done with Kojima stating Sony would own the IP only if Kojima could release it on PC. Each cases is different. You can cound of most MS IP (excluding Halo/Forza) being released on Playstation. In the end MS need that platform. Notice that Death Stranding is on PC but still not on Xbox.

Last edited:
That's part of the "leak" that confused me, a game being considered for GOTY (and the part that would make Xbox fans angry).
Does that Nate guy write for them?
No. He's not a writer. At least not in games media. He generally focuses on just Nintendo leaks, but he just podcasts and has a Twitter. He's not a huge leaker, just little teases sometimes. He does know more than he says, as he always magically uploads Direct predictions episodes, recorded days before, within minutes of a Direct being formally announced, so he's clearly got some contact(s) that give him a heads up before the public is made aware.

Last edited:
For once his take is anything but retarded. It's just one more line being crossed.

Xbox games day one on PC already make the console lose some of its interest, but ports on other consoles are even worse, that's pretty simple.

I don't understand why certain people call that fanboyism. People bought a console on a certain premise and they get fucked.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, I don't agree. If the rumors are true, Xbox is not loosing the games per say. You still get the games. You just don't get "proud" feeling of them being exclusive.

SHA

It's always about someone's uncle who is working at Nintendo, that nephew is part of Xbox family.

SHA

People who are okay with Mc, are okay with the medium getting higher Mc score on the Playstation version, it's mc, by this logic, ps mc score = xbox mc score + personal interests(the magic gate factor) .

Last edited:

ungalo

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, I don't agree. If the rumors are true, Xbox is not loosing the games per say. You still get the games. You just don't get "proud" feeling of them being exclusive.
Virtually, you lost something the day you bought a console to play less games than the others because the manufacturer of that platform decided the first party games can finally release on the other platforms. Because it's not like it's reciprocal in any way right ? So you really should not have bought the console, it was an objective mistake. Unless you want to "support the brand"(i guess that means being a kind of Microsoft fanboy) like the post below suggests.

So it's not that you lost something, but that invalidates your choice objectively.
Im sorry but buying a Xbox for EXCLUSIVITY is retarded ... you can buy for many reasons,for example if you suport the brand, you like the ecosystem and functionalities or you just want to play xbox games on a closed console.... BUT the xbox console is the ONLY platform without a single exclusive, all the others have some kind of exclusivity ( even pc ).. so yes buying a xbox console for exclusivity and crying about it is retarded imho.
These are totally fake arguments, let's stop pretending for the sake of damage control or other unknown purpose.

When MS bought a giant publisher back in 2020 people got crazy over the fact they suddenly had a whole line up of operational studios to make exclusive content for the new hardware, the fact it would also release on PC doesn't change this fact. If i go back to old threads of 2020 people wouldn't even question it for the most part. I don't care that strictly speaking MS releases game on PC day one while Playstation doesn't, it didn't invalidate the war on exclusive content between the two competitors.

Last edited:
As PC gamer, that is a really weird mental jerk that I would never understand..

Its silly for sure, but I think its a human thing. Whether it's a car, house, the school you attend, neighborhood or town you're from, people like the feeling of having perks that others don't have.
Humans are tribal by nature which show why we are so nutty when it comes to sports.....lol

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
He said "first party experiences and our subscription services". Now that may not be the case as Tim has said shit in the past that turned out to be bogus such as claiming they were taking Bethesda games on PS on a "case by case" basis. That was bullshit so I don't really trust Stuart for being reliable especially when Phil Spencer immediately had to clarify with the "no plans" statement. I think he talks out of his ass a bit.
Tim Stuart said that Bethesda games would be first or better or best on Xbox and then come to Sony -Bogus. Fobob Wza clung to Stuart's statement forever claiming Bethesda games were all coming to PS. Phil debunked that with case by case which is what it turned out to be. But yeah, Stuart is in Finance and doesn't know shit and talks out his ass.

tommib

Would be awesome if it’s actually for the PS5. I wouldn’t mind it for the Switch but 30 fps will be hard to swallow on a rhythm game with Nine Inch Nails pumping.

🙏

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Jeff is reporting that Sea of Thieves might be coming to PS5 and Switch.

Said we should expect more of this.

Last edited:
Virtually, you lost something the day you bought a console to play less games than the others because the manufacturer of that platform decided the first party games can finally release on the other platforms. Because it's not like it's reciprocal in any way right ? So you really should not have bought the console, it was an objective mistake. Unless you want to "support the brand"(i guess that means being a kind of Microsoft fanboy) like the post below suggests.

So, let me see if I understand correctly... You're saying that if a person were trying to choose between two platforms (each with exclusives), and they ultimately chose one over the other. Later down the line, if the platform they chose lost exclusives to the one they didn't pick, then it was objectively a mistake, right

Sw0pDiller

More games for my ps5 is always great news. Not interested in hifi rush though… would like to play the gears of war remakes later this year.

ungalo

So, let me see if I understand correctly... You're saying that if a person were trying to choose between two platforms (each with exclusives), and they ultimately chose one over the other. Later down the line, if the platform they chose lost exclusives to the one they didn't pick, then it was objectively a mistake, right
Yes, of course more or less depending on the context behind it, i'm talking in an abstract way. You end up with less variety and you would have been able to play the games you play anyway. It's hard to say otherwise, if they said they would port exclusives games on other consoles in the beginning of the gen a significant portion of players wouldn't have bought the console, it's not an emotional petty thing it's logic.

Rac3r

More games for my ps5 is always great news. Not interested in hifi rush though… would like to play the gears of war remakes later this year.

Gears is probably the one thing I’d actually want from Xbox on PlayStation. It would also resurge the multiplayer community, which is absolutely dead.

Top Bottom