• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dissidia Final Fantasy coming to Arcade in November (NEXT MONTH!!!)

The renders look phenomenal, nay immaculate, for stuff that could probably be classified as "game ready". It's too bad the actual final arcade board/PS4 can only handle the poly decimated versions, and only at 30fps in cut scenes. So close... yet the closer we get, the more the rough edges (literally) become apparent.

Looking forward to playing this late 2016 or so. The gameplay changes look really interesting so far.

Higher res from 4gamer:

eNwY17R.jpg

6WeYBkV.jpg

If someone just posted this and called it FFVIIR, I would believe it :0

They all look good. God, now I'm praying we get more ff6 representation. Setzer, celes, Locke and the brothers would all look so good.

Philippo

This game has the best rendition of Cloud ever, it's the closest we can get to the original PS1 concept but in HD. Hope the remake follows this (or straight up uses the same model since they're probably both using UE4) instead of going full modern age Nomura design.

This game has the best rendition of Cloud ever, it's the closest we can get to the original PS1 concept but in HD. Hope the remake follows this (or straight up uses the same model since they're probably both using UE4) instead of going full modern age Nomura design.

I hope Nomura don't go too far when redesign him lol

Sakujou

Banned
please bring this game into the west. cross-compability between pc,x1,ps4, arcade would be amazing.

oh and please no DLC

I hope Nomura don't go too far when redesign him lol

lock this guy away. everything he touches will get into something with tons of zippers and belts.

I'm a bit conflicted between 'holy shit, amazing!' and yet ow-ow-ow at poor Terra's busted back pose. Bodies don't work like that. Yes, we know she has breasts, you don't have to give her chronic back pain to emphasise them.

Shiva's another cause of 'amazing!' and ???

Oh, Team Ninja.

I'm a bit conflicted between 'holy shit, amazing!' and yet ow-ow-ow at poor Terra's busted back pose. Bodies don't work like that. Yes, we know she has breasts, you don't have to give her chronic back pain to emphasise them.

Shiva's another cause of 'amazing!' and ???

Oh, Team Ninja.

It's ok, it's only Terra.

Son Of D

I'm eager to see the rest of the veterans. It'll be nice to see Laguna, Tifa and Prishe. Also Gabranth.

Also there's the fact that this is a Team Ninja game with Tifa in it.

Sami+

I actually like Cloud's Advent Children face better tbh :x Looked just a little bit less effeminate. Oh well, whatever. Not a big deal.

Ramuh and Shiva look great!

Liking the changes to Bartz and interested that they added another class type.

This is going to be looooong wait. :[

Cloud was designed by Nomura..so i dont understand the hate.

Eliminating simplicity just for added complexity, for the sake of complexity. Instead of a metal buckle with the SOLDIER symbol, they change it to leather embroidery(which loses the shape of the symbol). Instead of belt holes, he added another belt within a belt(a smaller belt on a larger belt). Instead of one pauldron with three bolts-like spikes sticking out of it, it's pauldron on pauldron on pauldron, being fastened together with nuts and bolts. Meh for needless complexity.

This new Dissidia version is the closest to the OG one imho
Attitude-wise, yeah. Costume-wise, no.

Cloud was designed by Nomura..so i dont understand the hate.

Haven't you seen the Ramza thread? People were asking for him to be thrown into a dumpster because he added a nose to the guy.

It's just funny to shit on Nomura...

Although I do wonder what those people's reactions will be when they learn that Nomura is the director of the FFVIIR lol.

Haven't you seen the Ramza thread? People were asking for him to be thrown into a dumpster because he added a nose to the guy.

It's just funny to shit on Nomura...

Although I do wonder what those people's reactions will be when they learn that Nomura is the director of the FFVIIR lol.

I'm already on edge about it. He was also responsible for Midgar Disc 1, which is easily one of the most boring parts of the entire game. I don't really trust him with anything.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm already on edge about it. He was also responsible for Midgar Disc 1, which is easily one of the most boring parts of the entire game. I don't really trust him with anything.

I'm sure he was partly was responsible for a lot of parts of the game, just like every other person who worked on it. This hate on Nomura is too edgy for me.

Ezalc

When is Zidane, a.k.a. the best character. Getting shown? There had better be somebody else from IX after it got robbed in 012.

Famassu

lock this guy away. everything he touches will get into something with tons of zippers and belts.
This is the dumbest argument you can make against Nomura. Apart from a short-lived phase and a few characters like Lulu with her excessive belt-dress, his character designs are usually fairly simple and have very few or no belts & zippers, not to even mention he already did a decent job of re-designing even older FF characters in his own style for previous Dissidias without adding excessive number of belts & zippers into any of the designs.

When we getting Kain?
When is Zidane, a.k.a. the best character. Getting shown? There had better be somebody else from IX after it got robbed in 012.

Those (along with the villains) are definitely coming down the line. They already confirmed (or at least talked about) that they want to bring everyone from Dissidia here.

Probably before the console version, so unless you are in Japan thinking about going to the arcades, I wouldn't worry much on how long it'll take.

Famassu

What's edgy about it? I just don't trust him with the FF7 remake, but I'd love to be wrong.

Not bad, I guess. Aerith was dumb anyways.
Well, first of all Nomura wasn't responsible for FFVII's first disc. He came up with the original draft of the story with Sakaguchi and had some influence on some parts of the stories of some of the characters in the game, but other people were in more important key positions & did a lot more work on all of those aspects of the game and Toriyama, Kitase etc. changed quite a lot of the original draft, so much so that the ditched aspects were re-used in other games like Parasite Eve & FFVIII. Other than that he wasn't super involved with FFVII outside of the character & monster designs.

People usually consider the Midgar prologue of FFVII to be really good with a lot of things to like. It's linear and has its slow parts, but the linearity, slow build-up & focus on character interactions for a little while isn't really a bad thing and all-in-all it's a very strong start for the game with lots of highlights (the first ~30 minutes is a pretty exciting, meeting Aeris is quite a nice change of pace, Avalanche being framed for the destruction of one of the sectors was pretty shocking, infiltrating Shinra's building & seeing Sephiroth's handiwork was kinda eerie, escaping Midgar was pretty fun even though the gameplay during the motorcycle section is pretty janky)

You either very selectively blame Nomura for the few stuff he's done badly (or hasn't even done) or probably haven't even followed Nomura at all if you think he's a bad thing to happen to any game. It's not that he single-handedly makes everything better (games aren't made that way), rather he's the kind of person who nurtures talent & really tries to push everyone in the teams to do their best & become more involved in the making of the games they are a part of making (TWEWY isn't his handiwork per se, but he is the one who saw the potential in the game and pushed for it to become a much more significant project than it originally was). He's not perfect and has some shortcomings & misses just like any other director, but so far he has had far more at least somewhat decently successful & entertaining outings than total crapolas. He's maybe a bit too much of a perfectionist in some regards and he's perhaps not the most efficient director, but he's still an incredible creative person who is very driven to give everything he's got to everything he's a part of.

Well, first of all Nomura wasn't responsible for FFVII's first disc. He came up with the original draft of the story with Sakaguchi and had some influence on some parts of the stories of some of the characters in the game, but other people were in more important key positions & did a lot more work on all of those aspects of the game and Toriyama, Kitase etc. changed quite a lot of the original draft, so much so that the ditched aspects were re-used in other games like Parasite Eve & FFVIII. Other than that he wasn't super involved with FFVII outside of the character & monster designs.

People usually consider the Midgar prologue of FFVII to be really good with a lot of things to like. It's linear and has its slow parts, but the linearity, slow build-up & focus on character interactions for a little while isn't really a bad thing and all-in-all it's a very strong start for the game with lots of highlights (the first ~30 minutes is a pretty exciting, meeting Aeris is quite a nice change of pace, Avalanche being framed for the destruction of one of the sectors was pretty shocking, infiltrating Shinra's building & seeing Sephiroth's handiwork was kinda eerie, escaping Midgar was pretty fun even though the gameplay during the motorcycle section is pretty janky)

You either very selectively blame Nomura for the few stuff he's done badly (or hasn't even done) or probably haven't even followed Nomura at all if you think he's a bad thing to happen to any game. It's not that he single-handedly makes everything better (games aren't made that way), rather he's the kind of person who nurtures talent & really tries to push everyone in the teams to do their best & become more involved in the making of the games they are a part of making (TWEWY isn't his handiwork per se, but he is the one who saw the potential in the game and pushed for it to become a much more significant project than it originally was). He's not perfect and has some shortcomings & misses just like any other director, but so far he has had far more at least somewhat decently successful & entertaining outings than total crapolas. He's maybe a bit too much of a perfectionist in some regards and he's perhaps not the most efficient director, but he's still an incredible creative person who is very driven to give everything he's got to everything he's a part of.

I believe it was someone mentioning that he (Nomura) was largely responsible for Midgar Disc1, which is always a chore because of how boring it is until you finally leave. Thanks for the info though!

GAMERG0D

We don't know for sure if villains will be in at arcade launch right?

That doesn't mean they won't be in the PS4 release though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We don't know for sure if villains will be in at arcade launch right?

That doesn't mean they won't be in the PS4 release though.

Well, we would have 14 heroes ready on arcade release day. I would think that they are going to focus on the villains next so I would assume that they are going to add villains to the arcade roster via updates.

Raijinken

Well, we would have 14 heroes ready on arcade release day. I would think that they are going to focus on the villains next so I would assume that they are going to add villains to the arcade roster via updates.

What I'm concerned about is when they plan to show newcomers rather than returning characters. Once the game is out next month I am seriously hoping they will balance it out by releasing veterans and newcomers together instead of one after the other.

Son Of D

What I'm concerned about is when they plan to show newcomers rather than returning characters. Once the game is out next month I am seriously hoping they will balance it out by releasing veterans and newcomers together instead of one after the other.
That would be best. Getting Ramza and Sephiroth together in December would be a good amount of new post launch. Then keep getting two characters a month (or bimonthly).

Can easily see them tieing in content with games, expansions and anniversaries. Like showing Gabranth next year for XII's 10th anniversary or a new XIV character releasing alongside a new expansion.

Golnei

I thought he didn't look quite as thin in the earlier media; but it was probably just the angle. The model is essentially the same as the one used in the original Dissidia's renders, proportions-wise.

Dereck

I thought he didn't look quite as thin in the earlier media; but it was probably just the angle. The model is essentially the same as the one used in the original Dissidia's renders, proportions-wise.
I edited my post because I realized what I had said and it read kind of silly. I guess what I was referring to, is that it looked like Cloud had one of those skinny without any definition whatsoever bellies.

Golnei

I really like how they all have different faces (especially noticeable with Firion), instead of the usual Square Enix CG face.

The ingame PSP models did a reasonably good job of doing the same even with just 2D approximations of facial features, though these are more impressive when put up against the CG efforts from the original games, which did suffer from that. Though as great as Firion's model looks here; I kind of wish they hadn't made him as pale as they did - something closer to the Nomura art rather than his initial model would be preferable, especially in terms of differentiating him from the rest of the cast.

PulseONE

The ingame PSP models did a reasonably good job of doing the same even with just 2D approximations of facial features, though these are more impressive when put up against the CG efforts from the original games, which did suffer from that. Though as great as Firion's model looks here; I kind of wish they hadn't made him as pale as they did - something closer to the Nomura art rather than his initial model would be preferable, especially in terms of differentiating him from the rest of the cast.

Well there's always the hope of alternate costumes :p

I'd love to see this one in particular

latest

Top Bottom