• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Evolution Studios working on 'Drive Club' for PS4

Hoo-doo

Banned
They have members from Sony Liverpool as well.

All dat racing talent..

fainting6iq0c.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds like it could be cool. Hopefully it's TDU done right.

Also sounds like it could be a Forza Horizon competitor type thing.

shinnn

Dudes from Bizarre Creations are working at Evolution now?

Someone hold me. PGR3 and PGR4 were the absolute pinnacle of arcade racing.
Just one guy from previous reports.

Most of the Bizarre team is now at Lucid Games I think. And some dudes on Playground Games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmm... 2004. If thats the case then maybe its nothing.

or it is something seeying as there also was a file in 2012

Might have been an auto-renewal (?)

I guess it's vaguely possible this is a concept they've had on the back-burner for a lonnng time, and have decided to go with it now.

i-Lo

Don't make any more bad Motorstorm games?

On rare occasions, opinions like these ought be quoted for their inaccuracy. MS1 was okay, PR was fantastic and third one was a victim of poor timing (and although I have the game I have yet to play it).

see5harp

The first game was not good, pacific rift was good, and Apoc was decent (with the one of the worst campaigns ever). RC is solid. I don't think they should continue with the IP.

nikos

Hoping this is some kind of driving MMO, sort of like Test Drive Unlimited but on a larger scale.

Didn't really care for the Motorstorm games but loved PGR. Hopefully the people from Bizarre (and Liverpool) have a pretty big impact on this games development, particularly the handling which was what I liked the least about MS.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ah, OK. This looks like an auto-renewal type job then.
Yep.

CLASSIFICATION AND LISTING OF GOODS/SERVICES
Applicant proposes to amend the following class of goods/services in the application:
Current: Class 009 for Computer game programs; video game programs; interactive games software; electronic games pre-recorded on CDs, DVDs, disks and other data carriers; digital computer games that may be downloaded from local computer networks, global computer networks, the internet, cable and wire communications services, wireless telecommunications services and broadband telecommunications services
Original Filing Basis:
Filing Basis: Section 44(e), Based on Foreign Registration: Applicant has a bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce on or in connection with the identified goods and /or services, and submits a copy of [ United Kingdom registration number 2351220 registered 12/12/2003 with a renewal date of __________ and an expiration date of 12/12/2013 ], and translation thereof, if appropriate. 15 U.S.C. Section 1126(e), as amended.

The original trademark specified "non-downloadable" electronic games so they're merely updating it to include downloadable stuff (the world has changed in the last decade!) (EDIT: Actually, the new trademark does the opposite. Why would they update their trademark to specify "non-downloadable". Perhaps its some streaming idea?)

Not sure what they were using "Drive Club" for in the first place though

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Drive Club sounds like the name of a service within a game, not the game itself. Either way... very hyped. Evolution is my favorite racing dev right now.

Motorstorm is one of the more overrated series IMO. The rubberbanding of the game was amazingly stupid. (Played the first, some of the second).

I hope this is a better game with the people involved.

BeeDog

MotorStorm: Apocalypse is one of my favorite PS3 games, so whatever they churn out, I'm eagerly awaiting it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Evolution needs to get back in the mud. Release a true Motorstorm. I love Pacific Rift and Apocalypse but nothing beats playing the first. It was the best action game when it was released. I must have played it for 10 hours straight the first time I got my hands on it. Awesome experience.

spats

MotorStorm: Apocalypse is one of my favorite PS3 games, so whatever they churn out, I'm eagerly awaiting it.

Yep, I'd say all the Motorstorm games are awesome, with the exception of Motorstorm: RC which has amazingly shitty controls.

Maybe a true Motorstorm this time.

I enjoyed the 3 games but that was not the game they promised. Good game but far from being the awesomeness the CGI trailer promised. That's why I just want to see in game footage.

Yep, I'd say all the Motorstorm games are awesome, with the exception of Motorstorm: RC which has amazingly shitty controls.

I played the demo of that, bizarrely made me try both control schemes before choosing one? And neither of them mimic a twin stick R/C controller? weird.

Top Bottom