• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Gamestop is preparing to start Switch 2 Pre-orders

Draugoth

Gold Member
26170729362313.jpg

Nintendo Prime was messaged by a reputable GameStop "insider" about how corporate was telling stores to ready for the preorders of a new Nintendo system. He also expects the console to be revealed no later than March.

Source:

35cent

Hopefully this will be announced/cleared up soon. I'm looking at buying a Switch soon but I would want to hold off if the Switch 2 is around the corner.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The only way I’ll be getting a Switch 2 at launch is if GameStop does a crazy good Switch trade in promo, or Nintendo puts out some ridiculously exciting game that grabs me.

Zannegan

Gamestop in person is just about the only way you'll be able to get one at launch with all the script kiddy scalpers and their bots on the loose.

Zannegan

This has already been debunked in the Reddit sub the OP got it from:

I wouldn't call that debunked. I mean, anything that comes through Nintendo Prime is going to be pretty nothingburder as his MO it to hype up other people's information, but the GS bit is jist guesswork and "it stands to reason."

So, while I wouldn't take the rumor as fact, there's nothing in the response that disproves it either.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I wouldn't call that debunked. I mean, anything that comes through Nintendo Prime is going to be pretty nothingburder as his MO it to hype up other people's information, but the GS bit is jist guesswork and "it stands to reason."

So, while I wouldn't take the rumor as fact, there's nothing in the response that disproves it either.

kiphalfton

Gamestop in person is just about the only way you'll be able to get one at launch with all the script kiddy scalpers and their bots on the loose.

"Script kiddy"

Bro, no need to trivialize coding.

Go code something and get back to me how you failed and don't know what you're doing.

mystech

If this is true then there's gotta be a Nintendo Direct not too far off.
This 100%! I'm thinking it goes 1 of 3 ways:

1. We get a Nintendo Direct in February with a few more Switch games with a small glimpse of Switch 2 at the end.

2. No Direct at all and they go all in on a Switch 2 Showcase (hoping for this one)

3. One last Switch centered Direct in February and then a Switch 2 showcase in March.

Woopah

This 100%! I'm thinking it goes 1 of 3 ways:

1. We get a Nintendo Direct in February with a few more Switch games with a small glimpse of Switch 2 at the end.

2. No Direct at all and they go all in on a Switch 2 Showcase (hoping for this one)

3. One last Switch centered Direct in February and then a Switch 2 showcase in March.
I think it will option 3, but it will be a Mini Direct that will announce the Fire Emblem 4 remake and dates for the LM2 and TYYD remakes.

Zannegan

"Script kiddy"

Bro, no need to trivialize coding.

Go code something and get back to me how you failed and don't know what you're doing.
I don't mean to trivialize coding at all. It's an incredible skill.

Those who know just enough to take other people's scripts and use them for their own garbage ends (which is my understanding of the term "script kiddy") though, that's pretty trivial.

Top Bottom