• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Quoting for a new page.

It's like NPD putting out a survey.

They don't have access to the console because they're not a developer or a Nintendo partner.

They're just a market research company.

GfK wouldn't know this info.

This is a fake.

The images from the rest of the survey proves that it's just speculating hypothetical features for the Nintendo NX (so no, they don't have any insider information):

HYdGUMl.png

GUbAqHH.jpg

d1G6vZp.jpg

QW7FoiG.jpg

ySkx1s4.jpg

GSkyHhU.jpg

Qc7HXah.jpg

WqsFsln.jpg

Sglm3sr.jpg

6DAV8Bl.jpg

UV2Ho2P.jpg

UaEn1HV.jpg

J6GCIAc.jpg

YGaq40p.jpg

zBmFP2S.jpg

I made a more substantive post here:

Logically it fundamentally doesn't make any sense that this survey would contain anything beyond speculation.

So it surprises me how many people here are reacting as if it's a foregone conclusion or even a possibility.

Mohonky

Not sure why people are bitching about 900p.

If I could get 900p but 60fps on all games on PS4, I would take that shit in a heartbeat. You people are fucking wack.

But it won't be 1080p......

People have a real fixation with getting 1080p, even if it means getting half the frame rate or worse, sub 30fps. Eveyrone flip flips on 30fps being enough, then they play a game at 60fps and screa, about how much better it is, then the next iteration comes along at 30 and its perfectly fine.

What were some of the votes on best looking games last year? A number of them were sub 1080 and a few of them that were 1080 struggled at 30fps, but they were 1080p so that makes it better....or something.

Nitnendo's titles at 720/60 look brilliant, even if they did put some artificial limit of 900p on their games, it'd still represent an improvement especially with what EAD have been churning out for the past few years visually.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
For whatever its worth, I recall that a market research firm was having people playtest Splatoon at a mall in Clearwater Florida last year a couple months before it was released. Can't remember the name of the firm it was, but a buddy of mine heard about it and went over to play it and fill out a survey about it after he was done.

I want to point out that the survey lists the Wii U as not supporting external drives. Aka they don't even know what's going on in the now. Let alone the future.

Doctre81

My theory. This survey is pretty much a collection of nearly every NX rumor to date.

The 900p thing probably comes way of the " similar to xbox one" in horsepower rumor. Because we all know it's the xbox one that made that resolution famous.

Vena

Facebook trending stories brought me here. My non-gamer GF asked me if I knew anything about this.

Its all bullshit information, but the survey itself is genuine. The purpose or goal of said survey remains unknown (as does who requested it, though other people in the know suggest not Nintendo).

How can anyone take this seriously when they get fundamental information about the Wii U incorrect?

I want to point out that the survey lists the Wii U as not supporting external drives. Aka they don't even know what's going on in the now. Let alone the future.

There's a lot of fundamental information wrong about ALL of the consoles (look at the paid multiplayer/internet part). This seems like it is intentionally done so, though, to attempt to gauge what people want and see what people actually know.

Trago

My theory. This survey is pretty much a collection of nearly every NX rumor to date.

The 900p thing probably comes way of the " similar to xbox one" in horsepower rumor. Because we all know it's the xbox one that made that resolution famous.

But why would a market research firm use potentially false info in their survey?

Orayn

But why would a market research firm use potentially false info in their survey?

It's not "potentially false," it's a scattershot of possibilities. The point of a survey is to test the waters, and doing that involves throwing out a variety of scenarios, some more realistic than others.

I really think mentioning the NX as early as Nintendo did was a mistake.

On one hand, maybe it's true that for better or for worse, NX has dominated any and all nintendo discussions despite the total lack of information, meaning a ton of rumours and repetition has been allowed to swirl freely.

On the other hand, it was either knowing about it, or coming out of E3 2015 with both a (relatively) lackluster game lineup for Wii U and 3DS both and the knowledge that they're starting to make mobile games. Their public image would've been insanely dire if they hadn't clarified they're still working on a new system.

Kimawolf

For whatever its worth, I recall that a market research firm was having people playtest Splatoon at a mall in Clearwater Florida last year a couple months before it was released. Can't remember the name of the firm it was, but a buddy of mine heard about it and went over to play it and fill out a survey about it after he was done.

Nah this doesn't happen. its all bullshit. they just made it up.

NimbusD

lmfao. I used to work at GfK until very recently. Literally the only time I wish I still worked there so I could have asked around about what the hell this is. I could see it being either way, half assed guessing or some sort of crappy survey in conjunction w nintendo. Even if it's with Nintendo I could see whoever running the survey messing up specs because they don't know what they actually mean. I mean 4k/60 streaming video? but can only pull 900p/60 gaming? Honestly it's weird that GfK would even be interested in running a survey on NX if they weren't a client already. And honestly, who knows it could just be Nintendo seeing what people's responses are towards it, I mean that's literally what surveys are for. It doesn't mean that's what the console even would be.

For the record I didn't work in any department that would have been associated with this kind of survey, so I don't actually have info, just speculating based on knowing the corporate culture. It's hilarious for me to see this company pop up on Neogaf.

The images from the rest of the survey prove that it's just speculating hypothetical features for the Nintendo NX (so no, they don't have any insider information):

HYdGUMl.png

GUbAqHH.jpg

d1G6vZp.jpg

QW7FoiG.jpg

ySkx1s4.jpg

GSkyHhU.jpg

Qc7HXah.jpg

WqsFsln.jpg

Sglm3sr.jpg

6DAV8Bl.jpg

UV2Ho2P.jpg

UaEn1HV.jpg

J6GCIAc.jpg

YGaq40p.jpg

zBmFP2S.jpg

So whoever had initially posted the survey was just trolling. There is absolutely no way you could interpret it as being accurate after seeing the rest of it. The only way you could is if you were intentionally trying to pass off misinformation as fact. Basically Tamaki's source is either an idiot of a huge troll

NimbusD

they dont want their internal surveys out their,,,

Yeah pretty much ruins the survey if people that they're targeting already know what's on it.

Looking at the survey, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a client behind this survey. It's a weird survey for them to do on their own as it isn't measuring anything substantial that they'd be able to show a potential client, it's too weirdly specific for that (that's literally the only reason they'd do a survey not for a client, is that they're fishing for data a client would want and then present it to them).

BUT, this could easily be sony or microsoft just throwing in potential soft NX specs to see what opinions are based off of what THEY think the NX would come through with.

There's also a lot on here about subscription gaming services, which is definitely the main data they're after. But as to who that's for, it could be anyone. Could be a third party client who's interested in launching or partnering with a console maker to help deliver some subscription system.

Anyway, the potential for the specs to have come from someone other than Nintendo is too high to take this with anything other than a giant salt crystal.

Vena

Oh I didn't notice that they had:

NX (paid online) vs. PS4 (paid online)/WiiU (free)
NX (free online) vs. X1 (paid online)/WiiU (free)
NX (paid) vs. X1/PS4 (both free, clearly info that misdirects)

Seems like a gauge of paid for internet interest or lack thereof... amongst all the other weird info that is playing musical chairs in these pictures, lol.

Oersted

Oh I didn't notice that they had:

NX (paid online) vs. PS4 (paid online)/WiiU (free)
NX (free online) vs. X1 (paid online)/WiiU (free)
NX (paid) vs. X1/PS4 (both free, clearly info that misdirects)

Seems like a gauge of paid for internet interest or lack thereof... amongst all the other weird info that is playing musical chairs in these pictures, lol.

Multiple informations in the survey are wrong and obviously can not be true.

Anyone who believes this is true is either dumb as a brick, hates Nintendo, didn't read at all or never owned a console.

Thread is embarassing.

Tablo

can't even render decent GFX at 1080p? RIP my dreams of minimum 1080p on NX
can't wait for 900p upscaled to 4K future fml goddamit Nintendo WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom