• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
New tweet from Emily Rogers:

For what it's worth: Today I spoke to trusted individuals who are working very closely with NX. They said GFK's info wasn't accurate at all.

[source]

It seems most likely this survey was purely trying out random possibilities and this tweet further supports that. Perhaps we can lock this thread?

AmyS

Anyone seen this?

rBmIqrD.png

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-nx/what_do_you_think_the_nx_is_poll?start=520

methodman

Banned
New tweet from Emily Rogers:

[source]

It seems most likely this survey was purely trying out random possibilities and this tweet further supports that. Perhaps we can lock this thread?
Nintendo just needs to release news already... The fact that something like this leaks and puts out bad press for the NX is something they need to get ahead of

Nintendo just needs to release news already... The fact that something like this leaks and puts out bad press for the NX is something they need to get ahead of

All will be revealed in due time my friend.
And then the internet will proceed to throw a hissyfit because Nintendo.

alf717

Rumor aside. 900P is a let down if true. I'm really interested in the CPU power and hope the CPU is not on PAR but way better than the shit CPU's used in the PS4 and Xbone.

Interesting nonsense going on there. A fact sheet wouldn't look like that, nor will they call the console "NX Console" nor the handheld "NX Handheld". If they're coming out soon, I'm sure they've got real code names for each system, like NX001, NX002, etc.

It was all a lie guys. That's why they deleted her tweet. How ****ing stupid are the people in this thread? lol
It's something negative towards Nintendo....so it must be true! ;)

Dr. Buni

As long as NX handheld is a thing, the console could be 720p for all I care. Really curious to know what the NX is about already.

AmyS

Eurogamer: Why the internet is in a flap about Nintendo's NX console

Nintendo is yet to reveal the first details of its upcoming NX console, and we are unlikely to hear anything concrete until this year's E3 conference in June.

Regardless, the internet is in a flap about a new set of rumours about a home console and handheld hybrid to replace both Wii U and 3DS.

Adding fuel to that fire, today saw a marketing survey slide pop up on NeoGAF with a fresh set of claims - and again,
reference to the NX as a console and handheld device.
Eurogamer has spoken to individuals who responded to the survey and can verify it exists.

Whether Nintendo commissioned the survey and to what extent its information represents the console's final form is another matter, however.

The slide describes NX software as having gameplay which "flows" between the console's home device and handheld.

But the survey goes on to mention "4k/60fps video streaming" and "gameplay graphics at 900p/60fps". Plenty of Wii U games are 1080p, which makes this claim stand out as odd.

Eurogamer understands the survey goes on to quiz responders on how much they'd pay for the device and whether they would want a console with a disc drive (or not).

Another question asks if users would be interested in a Netflix-style game subscription service.

The survey was posted by major market research company GfK, the same outfit which collects game sales data for Chart-Track in the UK.

Immediate reaction to the survey - especially the 900p detail - was negative. Although, as already stated, it is likely much of the information contained within was simply to test the waters. Consider the marketing surveys which Ubisoft sends out each year with suggestions for further Assassin's Creed. Some questions reflect features in upcoming games - which are by that point already well into development - while others are there seemingly to simply canvass opinions.

If this does come from Nintendo, it is probable a similar tactic is being used here. Or, if not from Nintendo, it is another company's best guesses.

The only thing certain at this point is that Nintendo will reveal details on NX when it is ready - either at E3, or to the Japanese newspaper Nikkei which will publish all the details online prematurely and spoil all the surprises (as has happened in the past).

We've contacted GfK for comment.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-20-why-people-are-talking-about-nintendos-nx-console

spekkeh

Banned
It's not false information, it's incomplete information. The survey is confirmed legit, but we don't know the purpose of the survey.

Oersted

It's not false information, it's incomplete information. The survey is confirmed legit, but we don't know the purpose of the survey.

It is false or better non information in a legit survey.

The survey is real, the information about PS4/Xbox One and NX is wrong, contradictionary and doesn't make sense.

And due to some having the reading comprehension skills of someone who repeatedly walks into a brick wall and wonders why his head hurt, these non-infos are taking for granted.

Thread is toxic.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I agree. I still think announcing NX one year before any info on it will be revealed was a mistake. By this rate until the official details are announced there will be either a ton of negativity or huge overestimated expectations and that announcement could backfire because of that.

Sometimes it seems that the higher-ups at NCL still don't really understand how social media and the new world brought by it works.

Nightbird

This is what happens when things get wrongly reported and people believe everything.

Yeah, but that's what happens when people really want to have news. They tend believe everything that has the possibility to look legit.

Is it wrong and unprofessional, especially coming from news outlets? Yes, obviously.
But things can get out of hand fast if there is no clear message. It would help if Nintendo would send out a press release that the survey is no indication for what's coming.

Oersted

Yeah, but that's what happens when people really want to have news. They tend believe everything that has the possibility to look legit.

Is it wrong and unprofessional, especially coming from news outlets? Yes, obviously.
But things can get out of hand fast if there is no clear message. It would help if Nintendo would send out a press release that the survey is no indication for what's coming.

It doesn't look like a legit information, thats the scary thing.

Nightbird

It doesn't look like a legit information, thats the scary thing.

I agree. Spending a single minute more on those sheets will reveal that this could not be leaked stuff, and yet we have multiple outlets reporting on this as if it's legit stuff.

Just type in "Nintendo NX" in Google News to see who wants to report on NX stuff so badly that they don't even read throughout the whole thing.

Well, they said they would talk about NX in 2016, but that doesn't mean they do that on January 1rst. :)

I think we all agree, that they need to unveil the basics of the system(s) before E³, like tech demo stuff, basic explanation of the system, online infrastructure etc.
Then focus on games and final details at E³.

TLZ

Banned
I honestly don't get what this guy is so excited about

https://youtu.be/7S88SObPIPY

Does he simply not know that this has been debunked by now? Heard from a friend he's always very up to date with Ninty news and always right on point.... well clearly not this time.

He's an absolute idiot. I've told him off a few times in the comments section. He started decent but all of a sudden switched on click bait mode and been all about the numbers since.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

What you're talking about? Surveys are made for everything to know how people feel about everything. It's a marketing thing.

People still is freaking out with a simple survey... This thread needs to be closed.

spekkeh

Banned
What you're talking about? Surveys are made for everything to know how people feel about everything.

Well, yeah lol that's what a survey is, but we don't know whether it's to inform design or marketing message, whether it's used to create or validate hypotheses, who are the target group or the commissioner, etc., in other words, we don't know what the purpose of the survey is.

He's an absolute idiot. I've told him off a few times in the comments section. He started decent but all of a sudden switched on click bait mode and been all about the numbers since.

Ah i see. That's a shame then. I can't believe the comments in there though, some seem to be so damn happy and thinking this is the real deal. Actually a few who said PS4 can go home, lol wtf.

Oersted

Well, yeah lol that's what a survey is, but we don't know whether it's to inform design or marketing message, whether it's used to create or validate hypotheses, who are the target group or the commissioner, etc., in other words, we don't know what the purpose of the survey is.

Full stop. The survey is full with contradictional, wrong information. It doesn't tell us anything about NX/PS4/Xbox One.

Its worthless and gets completely missreported.

Ah i see. That's a shame then. I can't believe the comments in there though, some seem to be so damn happy and thinking this is the real deal. Actually a few who said PS4 can go home, lol wtf.

It is, I can guarantee that, not real.

BONKERS

Speculation? Thank the lawd.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot with 900p60.

They need 1080p60 with 16xAF and decent AA (Like SMAA 2-4x)bare minimum to compete. Especially since they are coming out way later than the other two.

It'd bad enough we have a dumb TV industry pushing poor 4k on us already.
http://timothylottes.blogspot.com/2015/11/black-friday-vs-display-technology.html
And consoles can barely manage to sustain a stable 60FPS at a resolution that has been the most common resolution for over a decade now.

Oersted

Speculation? Thank the lawd.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot with 900p60.

They need 1080p60 with 16xAF and decent AA (Like SMAA 2-4x)bare minimum to compete. Especially since they are coming out way later than the other two.

It'd bad enough we have a dumb TV industry pushing poor 4k on us already.
http://timothylottes.blogspot.com/2015/11/black-friday-vs-display-technology.html
And consoles can barely manage to sustain a stable 60FPS at a resolution that has been the most common resolution for over a decade now.

It has been debunked, even the OP states that.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

Just to see how people react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom