• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok what?

Credibility of this?

Doesnt seem to imply anything spectacular outside of confirming a portable and a console....

This isnt the leak we are looking for

evilr

Banned
900p in 2016 is ridiculously dumb if true. Doesn't even cost much today to manufacture a machine capable of 1080p/60fps.

If true, maybe Nintendo is releasing a relatively cheap, new console to align themselves in terms of pricing and power along with ps4 and xbone for third party support and ride out the generation so they can release new consoles at roughly the same time for next gen?

Dennis

Banned
I once had a dream I would see Zelda and Metroid in 4K on a Nintendo console.

8a4olqblqu4y.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
900p doesn't make any sense in there not because it's impossible that their games or some of the games on the system will output at that resolution, but because sounds almost like a "lock". Like "every game is 900p/60fps".

Yeah, it's a weird piece of information. Either it's incorrect or it refers to the maximum resolution of some display on the mobile device or controller. It might also refer to some recommended target resolution, but that would make less sense, especially on a specs sheet.

Vitacat

Why are people expecting NX to be more powerful than this?

Nintendo doesn't make the most powerful consoles, at least not for many years. If the NX is on par with the status quo of XB1 and PS4 after 2 years, that will actually be an aggressive move on Nintendo's part.

Sure, when 1080p TV's are the norm 900p is not ideal. Yes, it's disappointing that the current generation of consoles can't easily do 1080p at optimal frame rates for all games (not even PS4). Yet the games are still damn good looking and fun, and that's enough for most people -- including myself.

Also, obviously NX will not be limited to 900p. WiiU has some really pretty 1080p games (i.e. Smash), and so will NX.

Reality is that consoles will probably continue to be behind the curve in display resolution. Next gen will easily do 1080p at 60fps, but by then 4k TV's may be as common as 1080p are now, and people will be mad that consoles can't output 4k at high frame rates. And after that, 8k will come etc.

ViolentP

I have no intention of purchasing the next Nintendo console, but for their sake I hope this document is inaccurate.

Adaren

There's no reason they'd limit game output to 900p, especially if they had any hope of supporting indies. Not to mention Smash runs at a rock solid 1080p + 60 fps.

Going with fake on this one.

goddamn lol

What?

I'm not saying it's better than PC gaming but as of today I'm not seeing PS4 or Xbox One being capable to render 900p/60fps for the biggest games. So yeah it's sadly the future for consoles and a reality for PC gaming for many years.

So yeah... please explain?

Edit: in this thread some people not understanding what minimum target is and what a specific rez/fps combo choice implies vs. only speaking of rez....

pulsemyne

The biggest red flag here for me is the name. NX. Have they ever shipped a console under its codename before?

Nintendo do change their code names but sometimes it happens at the last minute (Nintendo 64 is a good example, changed a couple of months before release).

Big Nikus

So everyone's focusing on "900p", and what I'm seeing is "60fps". I'll take 900p/60fps over 1080p/25-30fps any day.

It must be a hoax anyway.

J-Skee

I'm not worried about the 900p spec. I'm sure there'll be games that natively output to 1080p. Everything else sounds pretty nice. Hopefully I'll finally be able to jump into a Nintendo console. I have too much catching up to do.

weekev

Banned
The Backwards compatibility will likely mean, wiiu games that use gamepad features will only work if you have both the home console and the handheld I would guess. Makes sense to me anyway. Id be surprised if 900p is legit, they have been using 720p for WiiU for all their main franchise entries.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If this is 900p only and doesn't even include a disc drive or backwards compatibility (nothing about either mentioned), then Nintendo is DONE in the console game. The NX will be a bigger flop than the Dreamcast.

DMY4ixu.gif

GHG

There's no reason they'd limit game output to 900p, especially if they had any hope of supporting indies. Not to mention Smash runs at a rock solid 1080p + 60 fps.

Going with fake on this one.

It could be because of the handheld aspect of the console?

RK128

If this image is true, we could have some early details on the NX on our hands :).
-Zelda U is confirmed to be landing on the NX
-3D Mario appears to be ready for launch
-Retro's new project is either another DKC game or another studio is working on that (Next Level Games, Monster Games, ect)
-The NX will have modern systems that other platforms have (achievements, ect)
-Graphics should be on par with the X1 considering they list 900p/60FPS
-NX will have a handheld and a console version like some rumors pointed toward
-Wii Remotes are supported due to the sensor bar being included with the console

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
It looks like a rebranded Wii U to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom