• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: God of War Ascension delayed until April

Amir0x

Banned
Have you played it? It's surprisingly sound.

Of course not, I was just making a joke. Although it looks pretty lame to me, speaking frankly. I've seen the info and videos describing what goes on and it just looks like the sort of thing one would get bored of in all of 2 hours and then never look at again. To me, anyway.

When is The Last of us releasing? In May, right? Why would Sony release two such high profile exclusive games so close to each other? It makes no sense, and it would only end up in one overshadowing the other, or both experiencing diminished sales.
Then again, Sony has been known to make more boneheaded moves in the past -_-

Amir0x

Banned
When is The Last of us releasing? In May, right? Why would Sony release two such high profile exclusive games so close to each other? It makes no sense, and it would only end up in one overshadowing the other, or both experiencing diminished sales.
Then again, Sony has been known to make more boneheaded moves in the past -_-

They just confirmed this game is releasing March 12. If Last of Us is releasing in May, that's not close at all.

Amir0x

Banned
Also, I see them as two very different games.

Yeah they're different, although both experiments in ultra violence so there'd probably be some crossover. Still, with over 2 months between the releases, I'd say that's plenty of a gap

They just confirmed this game is releasing March 12. If Last of Us is releasing in May, that's not close at all.

Two months. I guess that's better, yes. April wouldn't have left either with a whole lot of breathing room, and even two months is kind of pushing it, but I guess that's much easier to swallow than a double month consecutive whammy.
I don't understand, why are two flagship releases both H1 2013? Wouldn't Sony be better off saving at least one for later? Unless they either have more premier PS3 software planned, or they have the PS4 launch planned for then, and they don't want important PS3 software detracting from said launch?

Amir0x

Banned
Two months. I guess that's better, yes. April wouldn't have left either with a whole lot of breathing room, and even two months is kind of pushing it, but I guess that's much easier to swallow than a double month consecutive whammy.
I don't understand, why are two flagship releases both H1 2013? Wouldn't Sony be better off saving at least one for later? Unless they either have more premier PS3 software planned, or they have the PS4 launch planned for then, and they don't want important PS3 software detracting from said launch?

I'm sure Winter is PS4.

But, I really don't even see a little problem. God of War is a Q1 2013 game; Last of Us is a Q2 2013 game. And two months is a substantial gap in game release terms.

And I am sure they want desperately to TRY to get Last Guardian out later this year.

And they also have games that are going to get a LOT of attention on PS3 because they have unique features, like Bioshock Infinite coming with Bioshock and having MOVE support.

I'm sure Winter is PS4.

But, I really don't even see a little problem. God of War is a Q1 2013 game; Last of Us is a Q2 2013 game. And two months is a substantial gap in game release terms.

And I am sure they want desperately to TRY to get Last Guardian out later this year.

I hope Winter is PS4. Sony cannot afford to give Microsoft any sort of a headstart again, they will need to come in all guns blazing with the PS4 if they want to keep pace.

And yes, I suppose you are right :) I know I will be getting both (although I'm more excited for Ascension than Last of Us!), so that's all that matters to me :D

As for The Last Guardian, I've given up on that. It's a lost cause. The best case scenario I see is it releasing AFTER the PS4 (on PS3 and/or PS4), and basically failing to make any sort of a mark, both critically and commercially. At this point, the game will be a victim of the expectations and hysteria surrounding it, ala GT5. The best Sony could do with it, however, and I hope they do this, would be to make it a Vita exclusive.

Top Bottom