• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Han Solo film named leaked, Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (ft. Thanos)

wandering

Banned
The movie about the Rancor Jabba kept in his palace is going to win an Oscar.

187sk48w0wclvjpg.jpg

Blobbers

very disappointed with the naming convention for this new set of SW movies

The Force Awakens -> A Hope of Rey
Rogue One -> Rebels
Han Solo -> One Rogue
Obi Wan Kenobi -> Good Ole Ben

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
It should have been pulpy like the Indiana Jones movie titles.

Like, holy shit, nobody is going to mistake it for not a Star Wars movie if it didn't have Star Wars somewhere in the title.

Han Solo at Stars End, while nothing to do with this movie, is a fucking great, super pulpy title for a Han Solo adventure :(

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Imagine if other franchises did this for their spin-offs:

Hobbit: A Lord of the Rings Story
Fantastic Beasts: A Harry Potter Story
Revengeance: A Metal Gear Story
Ellie, We Really Are: A Last of Us Story
Lightning Returns:
A
Final Fantasy XIII
Story

I don't know what I expected. Something along the lines of "Solo Swindle", I guess. The Star Wars Story branding is absolutely predictable and not in a terrible way, though.

Unit 33

How Han got that scar on his chin, won the Falcon, befriended Chewbacca, navigated the Kessel Run, got his DL44 and earned that stripe on his trousers: A Star Wars Story

Nictel

Here is my shortlist:
  • Smuggler's in Space!
  • A man, his furball and a piece of junk
  • The Falcon of the Millennium
  • Star Wars: Without the Force
  • Chewie where is my ship?!
  • The one where Vader really isn't in
  • Flying Solo
  • Han Solo: I shot first
  • Star Wars: Lost in Wookiee

Sapiens

Did anyone assume it was going to be called anything else?

This is a pure fan pleasing enterprise. Don't expect anything too risky.

Adam Blue

A Fury Road-esque Star Wars film where the entire film is one huge chase scene involving the Falcon? I'm in!

Yes...Han and Chewie just stole the Falcon, from their previous smuggler boss who wanted the MF for themselves. They are being chased, get intercepted by the empire, fly through asteroid fields (exogorth-like sequences), stop-n-go and random locales, even getting Lando involved.

All the while Han goes from not knowing the ship to learning it due to it being his only way out from under his boss. Him and Chewie have dramatic bonding moments.

I'd also add that not only is he trying to escape, but find a woman he's been in love with and was supposed to leave this life for a while back. In the end, he doesn't find her, is heartbroken, but he finds new friends and decides to stick with being a smuggler.

Top Bottom