• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor has been cut from JL

How people wrote, directed, and acted out this scene without raising a word of concern is beyond me.
'

Agreed. It's as if the purpose was to shock the audience with a Lex they've never seen before.

Rather than question if they could, the never questioned if they should.

Lex was so cringeworthy. Dude should have been jailed the minute the capital exploded. He was the only one not in his seat. Love how they just gloss over these things.

orava

They should just retcon the whole situation and introduce a proper, older Lex Luthor. Eisenberg was just a junior, nephew or something.

Good. That movie looks like a bloated mess from the Comic Con trailer, so any cuts are welcome by me if it makes a more focused film.

I actually liked Eisenberg in BvS, but I wouldn't be sad if he didn't come back or the role got recast.

shira

So the rumor is we didn't know what role he had originally in the movie

But he's cut

Like I get that he's in the character sheet but could literally be a recap of him talking to Steppenwolf from BvS, we'll see

Luthor's probably Steppenwolf nao. I don't expect much

He was kind of annoying in BvS but I was looking forward to see how prison and the whole thing with Steppenwolf would change him. They kinda have an easy way to soft-reboot his character without even having to cut him from the film or recast. IIRC they even said as much in interviews, that BvS was basically his origin story. :shrug:

OrionX

SmallvilleLex.jpg

Michael Rosenbaum is the only Lex for me. <3

He was by far the worst part of BvS, they should recast and come at the character from a different perpective.

Suave, almost convincing you he has a point about god like aliens being inevitably dangerous until he descends into madness, Lex Luthor is a much better take on the character.

In BvS he dropped off the deep end so fast it was really hard to see what his problem with Superman actually was and he just came across as a lunatic!

Cardon

I guess that's good news to some, but the mad dash run to the finish of making this movie continues to be interesting in a morbid way. Like this comes out in November and major stuff, like those reshoots are still being tweaked and the such, presumably with some vfx work included.

In the end I'm hoping JL is good since I thought the last trailer was solid.

shingi70

Banned
I guess that's good news to some, but the mad dash run to the finish of making this movie continues to be interesting in a morbid way. Like this comes out in November and major stuff, like those reshoots are still being tweaked and the such, presumably with some vfx work included.

In the end I'm hoping JL is good since I thought the last trailer was solid.

They're literally sourcing a 4chan rumor.

Gattsu25

Banned
I knew his character was going to be garbage from the first trailer of BvS.

Look back at that original thread and you'll see people praising his "The Redcoats are coming" scene. Was I the only person that immediately thought that was hot trash?

Paracelsus

"He reminded me more of the Joker"
"He was a terrible Lex Luthor"
"He should've been the Joker!"
"*laughs*"

the Jokerfication of Lex Luther was a disservice to the character

In a movie where Superman is a bitch and Batman is a murderer, that's saying a lot.

Dyl

So the rumor is we didn't know what role he had originally in the movie

But he's cut

Like I get that he's in the character sheet but could literally be a recap of him talking to Steppenwolf from BvS, we'll see

We already got an idea of what he was doing based on Snyder's storyboard. (Of course, this also could've been a planned post-credits scene as a lead-in to The Batman with Deathstroke, but who knows.)

4Chan > Batman-News > GAF? Is that how it works now?

Y'all need to stop posting every piece of click-bait that pops into your Twitter feeds.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I knew his character was going to be garbage from the first trailer of BvS.

Look back at that original thread and you'll see people praising his "The Redcoats are coming" scene. Was I the only person that immediately thought that was hot trash?

Ever since Heath Ledger, I try to keep an open mind, but he looked bad from the get go. Nothing at all like how I want my Lex to be. DCAU perfected the character imo. I hope they just replace him. Don't even bother explaining it, just have a proper Lex Luthor going forward if you want to use the character.

Keym

We already got an idea of what he was doing based on Snyder's storyboard. (Of course, this also could've been a planned post-credits scene as a lead-in to The Batman with Deathstroke, but who knows.)
They have a date?

There's nothing wrong with the idea of casting Eisenberg as Lex. It has everything to do with how Snyder calibrated his performance. If Eisenberg had been directed to do something similar to his Social Network work, that would've been an all-time Lex take, imo.

LosDaddie

Banned
the Jokerfication of Lex Luther was a disservice to the character

Remember how Lex Luthor was a stuttering, mumbling idiot in his speech in front of the crowd early in the movie?

WB should've fired Snyder and the writer of that scene right after filming that scene.

I think I'm fine with this, mind you I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

We've never had a good Lex Luthor on screen.

EDIT: I meant on film, people! Not TV.

Hackman was very good as Luthor, his Luthor was more based off the golden age / silver age / bronze age sleazy "scientist / supervillain" though, with a bit of a businessman aspect throw in before that was even part of the character.

Paracelsus

Yall believing and posting this as a legit source?

They tend to have very detailed leaks from time to time. We got pretty much all of FFXV spoilered months ahead, they were right on other games like Bloodborne etc. Not sure what their record is movie-wise.

Remember how Lex Luther was a stuttering, mumbling idiot in his speech in front of the crowd early in the movie?

WB should've fired Snyder and the writer of that scene right after filming that scene.

No, they should've fired him right after casting a guy with Ledger's hair. The writing was on the wall.

Top Bottom