• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to have II, Birth by Sleep, and Coded

ash_ag

Seems about right. It wouldn't make sense to include 3D. Would it have three full titles in one collection? KHIII will most likely start of like KHII and sum a few points of 3D like II did for COM. :)

Do we know what kind of content of coded is included in the credits? I'm a bit surprised most people don't speculate about it getting the Days treatment, so, I wonder if the included screenshots are of gameplay rather than a cutscene.

This needs the SHOCKING NEWS title (or rather SHOCKING RUMORS).
I hope this gets remastered music like 1.5 is supposedly getting.

I think that the possibility of a Re:DreamDropDistance for home consoles is very likely next year.

Squire

Banned
Would spell doom for any PSV or PS4 Kingdom Hearts titles then.

All releases are required to be on PSN.

Yeah, I agree they're not great break up the KH collections, but SE doesn't have an anti-digital bone in their body.

BBS and CC are two unfortunate exceptions, but neither is the rule. They have a ton of PSP/PS1 games on PSN, which is everyone seems to forget while mentioning the two former titles never getting on PSN.

Despite XIII/XIII-2 not being on PSN, I bet Lightning Returns will be a Day 1 Digital game on PSN.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Imho: KH 1.5 and the hypotetical 2.5 collections are the worst think of the entire generation. Not only the HD collections are "milking" commercial moves, but a 1.5 and a 2.5 title that split the "real" game including ports of mobile/handheld titles...

Groof

I had such an urge to replay BbS this morning but got bummed out that it wasn't playable on a Vita. A pack like this would be amazing!

Vashetti

Banned
Imho: KH 1.5 and the hypotetical 2.5 collections are the worst think of the entire generation. Not only the HD collections are "milking" commercial moves, but a 1.5 and a 2.5 title that split the "real" game including ports of mobile/handheld titles...

Errr...

KH1.5 offers terrific value for money.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts CoM Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days remastered "mini-movie"

Trophy support
HD
Replaced textures
Remastered soundtrack
Updated controls

Really "milking it", eh?

High-five to Square on this one, they've finally done something right.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Errr...

KH1.5 offers terrific value for money.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts CoM Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days remastered "mini-movie"

Trophy support
HD
Replaced textures
Remastered soundtrack
Updated controls

Really "milking it", eh?

High-five to Square on this one, they've finally done something right.

Of course, I said IMHO.
It's ridicoulus to me to not include KHII in a HD collection for PS3. Just to split it up and create another 2.5 game collection.

stryke

I had such an urge to replay BbS this morning but got bummed out that it wasn't playable on a Vita. A pack like this would be amazing!

Been playing BBS on vita through an exploit and it looks very nice. It's unfortunate there was too much red tape (supposedly) for it to go on the PSN store.

FSLink

Banned
Of course, I said IMHO.
It's ridicoulus to me to not include KHII in a HD collection for PS3. Just to split it up and create another 2.5 game collection.

I agree but I think having KH1FM, Re:CoM, KH2FM, and BBSFM all on the same BluRay disk would be pushing it (not disk space wise but from a marketing point of view). Would have been amazing to have that on 1 disk but it's unrealistic. Honestly I'm surprised they're not splitting KH2FM and BBSFM to have 2.5 and 0.5.

Mario007

So 3D being moneyhatted by Nintendo confirmed? It makes no sense to leave it out and put coded in in instead. Plus it always seemed like it was Nintendo that wanted to have a KH on their new system more than Square wanting to put it on the 3DS.

Joni

It is awesome that they include ports of those titles. Bringing together the games on one platform helps gathering your fanbase again. I wish more people would make HD collections with their handheld titles.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I very much doubt it will have all 3 games. Most likely 2 and some jazzed up cutscenes from the others.

ash_ag

So how exactly will they tackle DDD? Having coded instead is a big mistake. Well gotta wait for more info. At least 2+BBS is gud.

How can people compare coded and Days to 3D? 3D is like CoM, if anything. Perhaps less integral than BbS, but leagues ahead coded and Days. Turning the game into cutscenes would be majorly demoting it, especially when a Final Mix version would fix many of its problems. A Final Mix would be good to come eventually, but not before KHIII. Maybe in 3.5. :p

I think the situation of KHII will be repeated. The prologue of III will summarize the previous episodes of the series (including 3D) and the game will start in a way that, while confusing, is accessible (the Kingdom Hearts level of accessible, lol) even to people that have only played KH, KHII and (possibly) BbS.

Kouriozan

They still have a long time before KH3, I think we'll see 3D again as a final mix on console.
That would mean KH3 for 2015.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, I said IMHO.

Spliting KH1 and KH2 into two collections make economic and good business sense. If they were to do 2 collections---1 with KH 1 and 2 and another with the portable games---the second collection would definitely sell less or would not even be considered.

SougoXIII

If this is true, I wonder if they're going to put a decent online mode for BBS? Its ad hoc only for the psp if I remember correctly and its really underused.

As someone who's only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and doesn't understand why this series is so popular, could someone tell me why all of you are seemingly going all batshit everytime Birth By Sleep is mentioned ? What's so good about this game ? I'd also like to know how the latter games are better than the first.

I agree but I think having KH1FM, Re:CoM, KH2FM, and BBSFM all on the same BluRay disk would be pushing it (not disk space wise but from a marketing point of view). Would have been amazing to have that on 1 disk but it's unrealistic. Honestly I'm surprised they're not splitting KH2FM and BBSFM to have 2.5 and 0.5.

Would have been nice. But the KH 2.5hd will be a day one. KH2 FM and BBS hell yes!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It'll be interesting to see if 1.5 HD Remix is released on PSN.

Anyways, I'm a bit surprised DDD isn't included. Though, I suppose Square Enix might try to release it separately a while after since Capcom is getting away with doing that with Revelations.

No KH3D is no loss really.

As someone who's only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and doesn't understand why this series is so popular, could someone tell me why all of you are seemingly going all batshit everytime Birth By Sleep is mentioned ? What's so good about this game ? I'd also like to know how the latter games are better than the first.

Cause it is one of the best PSP games, great KH game, looks very good on HD (tho is pretty unstable on emulators), best customization and arguably combat of the series. It's just a great game and it would be awesome to have it on big screen with refined controls. And most importantly it has Mark Hamill as Hironobu Sakaguchi and Leonard Nimoy as Frog.

If they give KH2FM and BBSFM the same treatment as KH1FM in the 1.5 collection it will be awesome.

There are prolly a lot of fans that haven't been able to play it too with it being oon PSP and all, you can't even play it on Vita/PSPGO without hoops due it not being on PSN.

As to what makes latter games better than 1 in my personal opinion KH1 is the best overall package. Later games have better combat and KH2 has way better camera for example.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No KH3D is no loss really.

I dunno... It seems important even if the game convoluted the story even more. They'd probably recap the story of 3D in KH3 because it's only the end that's important.

RPGCrazied

Yess! But why coded? I thought that was the weakest in the series. I wish they would HD Dream Drop Distance, kinda like what Capcom is doing with RE: Revalations. I guess that is to much work.

Midou

KHInsider. :)

I am shocked no Dream Drop Distance. Considering that is what really pushes us into Kingdom Hearts 3.

Great to see BBS on there. Two favorite KH titles in one HD package.

In story summaries and overviews, I heard DDD is mostly filler to the overall plot.

Top Bottom