• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to have II, Birth by Sleep, and Coded

The Lamp

Was to be expected I suppose since those were the next 3 games to release, but its a shame that this implied KH3D will be stuck on the 3DS.

MrDaravon

I would be super down for this; I'm kinda eh on replaying either game in the 1.5 collection, but I fucking love KH2. Also I'm a terrible person, but I just simply cannot really play action games on a handheld (not a big handheld person to begin with); I really tried playing BBS on PSP and I just couldn't through no fault of the game.

Berordn

In story summaries and overviews, I heard DDD is mostly filler to the overall plot.

The whole plot is a Xantos gambit on both Yen Sid and Xehanort's end. It's no more filler than most KH games since the original.

Yen Sid attempted to use the realm of dreams to teach Sora and Riku how to wake up Ventus and prepare them for the battle to come in what he thought was a safe environment. And just in case it wasn't, there were two of them.

Xehanort used it to make a spectacle of his return and establish that he's been pulling the strings all along, and using his alter-egos successfully rerouted Sora and Riku's destination, almost doing to Sora what he already did to Terra.

Ideally this should have:

KH2:FM
BBS:FM
Re:Coded - cutscenes only like 358/2 Days in the 1.5 HD collection.
This would be the way I'd hope it to be, too. That way the two games with strong unique gameplay segments would have those, and we wouldn't miss Coded's events either.

Seda

I assume it's Re:coded cutscenes?

The game is pretty fun to play, but if it's just the cutscenes, really not much significant plot actually happens.

shink

Would be nice if these HD collections were ported to Vita like FFX. I played KH1 for a bit but stopped since I sold my PS2 and bought a PS3 at that time.

I heard good things about BbS and since it's not on PSN, this is probably the only way I can play it.

SykoTech

I can live with that.

I was expecting cutscenes of 3D though, but whatever. Final Mix versions of II and Birth by Sleep are all I really need.

Caelestis

I would get it just for BBS since I never finished it on PSP and now it feels difficult to go back to that handheld after Vita.

Magnus

Yeah, definitely.

BBS can be classed as a prequel but it only works as one after at least playing KH1 and maybe KH2.

Word. Without even having played BBS I wouldn't play it first. Pretty much all prequels released after a game/movie are designed to be enjoyed afterward; they build on knowledge you have from the original experience.

Like, you'd never play MGS3 first, or watch Star Wars Eps I-III before their predecessors. Wouldn't make sense.

Berordn

Damn I was hoping 3D would be included to. Oh well. How's is 3D anyway ? Is it worth it?

If you need to scratch the itch and you've played through everything else it's pretty good. It's very clearly a product rushed to completion and some of the gameplay systems (Spirit synthesis/leveling, Drop system) are step backs from BBS, but I pulled a good 40 hours out of it. If you're less dedicated than I am in completing them (which I kind of hope most people are), 20-25 hours sounds reasonable.

Mit-

Why would they put 3D in this? I'm sure they would much rather you walk to the 3DS aisle and buy the game, along with 2.5. It's a current-gen, readily available game. 2.5 will probably end with an advertisement for it.

Aru

Too much awesomeness in one package if true :p
KH2 and BBS are my favorites and I can't wait to play the Final Mix versions.
I don't care if Coded/Re:Coded is playable or not, I already beat the DS version.

If this rumor is true, then we can rule out a third HD release.
Dream Drop Distance will probably be referenced in KH3 (at least a text summary I think, like they did for KH2 for people that didn't play CoM like me back then).

Aru

Coded is waaaaaaay more filler. DDD introduced at least
Time Travelling, Axel and Kairi as new keybladers and one thousand new Xehanorts :lol

I don't think Kairi is a "new" keyblade wielder by any means. She was already using a keyblade in KH2. The only thing that's new is the fact they chose her to be one of the seven keyblade wielders. Axel probably won't be one of them, because the seven should be: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Mickey. Unless they can't bring Terra back...

Berordn

I don't think Kairi is a "new" keyblade wielder by any means. She was already using a keyblade in KH2. The only thing that's new is the fact they chose her to be one of the seven keyblade wielders. Axel probably won't be one of them, because the seven should be: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Mickey. Unless they can't bring Terra back...

Terra's currently pulling double duty on Xehanort's side as both Xemnas and Ansem-Heartless. He's a bit tied up.

Seda

Terra is presumably still a part of Ansem SOD and Xemnas somehow.

Beaten

Terra's currently pulling double duty on Xehanort's side as both Xemnas and Ansem-Heartless. He's a bit tied up.
True. I actually want to see
how the heck he gets out of there. Well Terra and Eraqus too... Eraqus is even deeper in the mix too since he is in Terra who is in like 3 Xehanorts :p

Aru

True. I actually want to see
how the heck he gets out of there. Well Terra and Eraqus too... Eraqus is even deeper in the mix too since he is in Terra who is in like 3 Xehanorts :p

Wait.
I thought Terra killed Eraqus? I don't remember his soul being sent into Terra's body or something.

I don't think old Xehanort will come back. Heartless Ansem and Xemnas will regroup and become Terranort again. Who is the third Xehanort? His old body shouldn't exist anymore.

Seda

I don't think old Xehanort will come back. Heartless Ansem and Xemnas will regroup and become Terranort again. Who is the third Xehanort? His old body shouldn't exist anymore.

Did you see the end of DDD?

Midou

I only beat KH1 and KH2, Terra path in BBS, and not more than a couple hours of rest of them, I tried to read summaries or watch videos that explain it all, but it's perhaps the most convoluted story ever.

I'll get the two HD remixes and play through DDD though. Hopefully BBS in the HD-remix is not just cutscenes like 365/2 days or w/e. I'd like to assume these HD Remixes are coming in preparation to KH3 to get everyone up to speed.

Berordn

Wait.
I thought Terra killed Eraqus? I don't remember his soul being sent into Terra's body or something.

Regarding Terra,
when Eraqus is defeated, he gives his body to the light. There's some decent speculation that he did so to protect Terra from ever being snuffed out by Xehanort, since he eventually caught onto what he was doing.

As for the second bit,
Old Xehanort is already back.

Wait.

Eraqus's heart is inside Terra. Master Xehanort says this in BBS secret ending. Who knows how this will come to play later on :lol. Maybe he will return or do some other magic shit.

KHInsider. :)

I am shocked no Dream Drop Distance. Considering that is what really pushes us into Kingdom Hearts 3.

Great to see BBS on there. Two favorite KH titles in one HD package.

Maybe that's the unannounced Square Enix Wii U game, an HD remaster of DDD.

Top Bottom