• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*RUMOR* Kotaku headlines: Xbox One to launch on November 8, 2013!

Xamdou

ku-xlarge.jpg

Source: kotaku

Smart move by MS if true, a one week head start will definitely help them a whole lot.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Hope so! Don't want both consoles to simultaneously compete for my weekend time.

Satchel

Banned
Was going to post this thread earlier, I posted this story in the hot chips thread.

That would be a Friday here in Australia. Awesome.

Good for MS. Trying hard to detour the masses from PS4 juggernaut set to steamroll the Bone into fine dust. Bonemeal is awesome for growing vegetables.

RE_Player

I hope it's not true. Would give the leg up to Microsoft but I want same day launches. I want to see a blood bath outside stores!

KoopaTheCasual

Good strategic move by MS if true. Hope their stock can actually handle it tho. I'm surprised that a retailer would find out before an official announcement. Really weird.

Samyy

I was actually expecting a bit sooner but yea makes 100% sense for them to do it earlier.

The only other date they could hit is 22nd which may be a bit too late.

GodofWine

Interesting, kinda surprising if true..but its not enough of a jump to change minds.

If it suddenly dropped a month earlier with COD (assuming thats what xb1 buyers want) then maybe I see people crack, but a week isn't gonna make people abandon their plans (I think)
Preorder numbers were skewed well before release dates.

Could they genuinely be ready by then? I'd be surprised if they managed to beat Sony in release.

The big question for both companies is how ready will they be?

No point for either company to launch early and have no stock for two weeks while they replenish.

madmackem

I think they need to launch before ps4 in europe to grab people on the fence, if they leave it to later then you have a more costly machine launching later. They need to somehow take away some of sonys hype here.

Top Bottom