• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Last Story, Xenoblade already localized for NA

MechaX

NoA has let this issue linger on so long that even if they did wish to release Xenoblade (and maybe Last Story), NoA would essentially be caught between a rock and a hard place.

The closer it gets to Xenoblade's release date (which itself got pushed up by almost an entire month), more people are just going to say "fuck it, I'll import." If NoA comes up and is like "okay, okay, we'll release them! Stay tuned for the release date!", people are still just going to import both. If they don't release them, then NoA would just further cement itself as an absolutely incompetent localization medium.

Forkball

Didn't Reggie say a while ago that one of NoA's big plans in the later years of the Wii's life was to bring over a lot of Japan-only titles? Did I dream this or did he just change his mind?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It always struck me as terribly short sighted of Nintendo to be so stingy with their less mainstream titles. For a company that supposedly defined the idea "growing the market" with the Wii and the DS, they seem incredibly conservative with taking chances on obscure and niche genres.

It'd be nice if they had a branch tasked purely with losing money on pushing less mainstream titles, I guess. :|

Nix

Banned
Sounds like the American demographic is still waiting and hoping.

Hey, how'd that work out with Mother 3 for you guys?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Servizio said:
It always struck me as terribly short sighted of Nintendo to be so stingy with their less mainstream titles. For a company that supposedly defined the idea "growing the market" with the Wii and the DS, they seem incredibly conservative with taking chances on obscure and niche genres.

It'd be nice if they had a branch tasked purely with losing money on pushing less mainstream titles, I guess. :|

139604_o.gif

JaseMath

JorSneezy said:
Also, Super Mario World 3 will be announced at TGS.

If it sounds too good to be true . . .
"Retro is working on a new Donkey Kong Country."
"A new Kid Icarus is in the works."

Just saying.

_Alkaline_ said:
It's painfully obvious that Americans will never receive this game.

Come over to Australia where you can enjoy excellent weather, beautiful women and expensive, late electronic products. Including Xenoblade.
You forgot the part about every living thing that wants to kill you.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Servizio said:

You'd run an amazing business

Ultratech

Frost_Ace said:
...what the fuck...why wasting money on localization then? NOA/NOE are puzzling sometimes...

Yeah, it doesn't always make sense, but it happens fairly often. From what I've been reading the last few months or so, there's been quite a few games that NOA/NOJ and/or other companies work on and never see the light of day. It's even more distressing when said games are complete, but other plans come along and sweep 'em under the rug.

Starfox 2, Killer Instinct "2" (for SNES), and EB Zero are perfect examples of this. Games that were for the most part complete yet never saw the inside of a store.

Of course, it's doubly stupid when you pay to localize a game then never release it.

LProtag

I hate this rumor. I just want to get my hands on the game but it makes me slightly hesitant to preorder an import. Then eventually if it doesn't come out here and I didn't preorder it it could be much harder to get my hands on a copy.

Let me in

Lopson said:
NTSC is the type of signal displayed by American televisions. Signal gets displayed at 60Hz, in contrast to the PAL (European) signal (clocked at 50Hz). The frequency of the signal limits the maximum frame rate of the game, amongst other things.

Check Wikipedia, man.
I think maybe he meant they misspelled it three times and obviously have no clue what it means or is supposed to be.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jesus, just drop it guys. It ain't coming to US. NOA has said that much in no uncertain terms, this starts to approach "so you are telling me there is a chance" levels of pathetic. Just soft mod your Wii, takes like, 5 minutes, and zero skills.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Forkball said:
Didn't Reggie say a while ago that one of NoA's big plans in the later years of the Wii's life was to bring over a lot of Japan-only titles? Did I dream this or did he just change his mind?

By Reggie you mean Iwata, by Wii you mean DS, and by "bring over a lot" you mean "possibly look at bring over some"--and the consequences of that appear to be DQMJ2 and Super Fossil Fighters--so no, you didn't dream it, but you sure remembered it wrong :p

Chittagong

Gold Member
Stumpokapow said:
By Reggie you mean Iwata, by Wii you mean DS, and by "bring over a lot" you mean "possibly look at bring over some"--and the consequences of that appear to be DQMJ2 and Super Fossil Fighters--so no, you didn't dream it, but you sure remembered it wrong :p

:lol

Funny because it's true

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why anyone thinks an Internet campaign would be able to force the hand of a massive corporation like Nintendo. These guys have yearly budgets, marketing plans, announcement roadmaps, advertising rollout plans, etc., etc. all laid out far in advance. Even if Xenoblade and other games were planned for NA release, they will not be announced early just because of some Internet activism.

Valnen

Father_Brain said:
Ain't happening, guys. Get over it and import.
I shouldn't have to import to play a game that Nintendo should be releasing here anyway.

Nintendo isn't getting another cent from me ever again until they release The Last Story in NA.

Balb

Chittagong said:
Jesus, just drop it guys. It ain't coming to US. NOA has said that much in no uncertain terms, this starts to approach "so you are telling me there is a chance" levels of pathetic. Just soft mod your Wii, takes like, 5 minutes, and zero skills.

I want Xenoblade but I don't $90 want it.

Chittagong said:
I wouldn't mention Jesus if I wanted people to give up hope that Xenoblade might return from the dead. Just saying.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well, it could be possible that it's not so much the rantings of fanboys that may lead NoA to bring those games over here as much as Amazon getting a huge amount of pre-orders and requesting that Nintendo release the product.

dani_dc

Balb said:
I want Xenoblade but I don't $90 want it.
Good because you can get it for about $50 at release (do note that Zavvi is known for being slow and having shitty customer service, though I'm sure more alternatives will appeal as we get closer to release).

Gamer @ Heart said:
Next year guys. Why would they come out this year when they have Zelda and next to nothing for 2012

Because Zelda is one of the only good games Nintendo is releasing this entire year if and EU is getting it in a month's time then NA shouldn't have to wait till next year. By then a lot of people will have imported.

It's not like NoA cares much for a drought.

Eusis

CruxisMana said:
Xenoblade is all set to become the new Tales of Vesperia PS3.
I'd say Mother 3, at least Tales of Vesperia came out in English in BOTH North America and PAL territories, just not on the PS3.

And the testing bit has convinced me to not think much of Operation Rainfall's story. Seems like the source probably IS credible, but either too optimistic or just stupid.

Gravijah

Eusis said:
I'd say Mother 3, at least Tales of Vesperia came out in English in BOTH North America and PAL territories, just not on the PS3.

How is Xenoblade anything like Mother 3? You can play Xenoblade in English without a fan translation.

bon

Operation Rainfall's twitter is saying that their source was NOT talking about NOA testing the European release.

bon said:
Operation Rainfall's twitter is saying that their source was NOT talking about NOA testing the European release.
*checks*

@OpRainfall Someone at NeoGAF says that NOA frequently tests NOE exclusive games. You sure your informant wasn't just talking about that?

@LeaningPenguin We will not go into details of what was said or what our source's position is. We shared the concrete info disclosed to us.

@LeaningPenguin but to be clear: that was not what our "informant" was talking about.

Hmm.

In a weird way, that is sufficiently vague. "That's not what they were talking about" and "They said it was not that" are different things.

Fou-Lu

God I hope we get these games. My need for JRPGs must be satisfied. (Any good obscure JRPGs I can play now to tide me over until at least the European releases?)

daffy

Banned
MidnightScott said:
365games.co.uk has Xenoblade, just the game not the bundle, for like $51.18

I think I'll order it from there. Anyone use them before?
Yeah, they were great in my experience.

Aw man, I hate these rumors.

And I was almost ready to move on and now this comes along!!!

It is kind of encouraging, but in a discouraging way.

(Hope it's true.)

Top Bottom