• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Latino Review: Star Wars: The Force Awakens: trailer #2 breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

• The trailer opens with an image of a desert planet. A destroyed AT-AT is shown laying on its side.
  • As footage of a forest location (believed to be Puzzlewood, where some filming took place) with a large structure is shown, voice over (thought to be Lupita Nyong’o) says “I shall show you the story…”
  • The trailer cuts to a shot of a large city in a tropical location. The city is possibly on the water. The voiceover continues “of who you seek…”
  • As a cloaked figure (Luke?) stands on top of stone steps on a high green hill, the VO continues, “the one who taught me…”
  • As the VO concludes with, “I know why the weapon came to you,” we are shown a shot of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and a blue alien in a dark cave. Finn ignites a green-bladed lightsaber. Rey looks on in the background, disturbed.
  • As the trailer moves to a series of quick shots, we see Han Solo looking past the camera.
  • A TIE Fighter is seen attacking the forest location from earlier in the trailer.
  • A POV shot of Kylo Ren (the cross guard lightsaber-wielding villain from the teaser) shows the evildoer approaching someone on the ground.
  • People run in the city shown earlier.
  • R2-D2 makes a forlorn beep.
  • C-3PO and Leia are featured in a location resembling a base command center.
  • A new voice over (thought to be Andy Serkis) says, “Don’t get too sentimental.” This plays over a shot of Han looking at Leia and then walking towards the Millennium Falcon with Chewbacca.
  • In the snowy forest from the teaser, we see a shot of Finn holding the lightsaber, protecting Rey. Han says, “You can do this kid. I believe in you.”
  • The final shot is a closeup of a hooded figure looking up. It is Luke.

They're saying it's legit and they have sources confirming it. Take that as you will.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-the-second-teaser-description

No gaf thread for the trailer or am I blind?

From the article

They have started showing people the new trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the one that is going to be shown to the masses at Star Wars Celebration this April 16-19.

Also this should probably be in the OP:

UPDATE: We've been contacted with a denial that this is, in fact, the second teaser, but we still have multiple corroborating reports on the following dialogue and sequence of events.

A new voice over (thought to be Andy Serkis) says, “Don’t get too sentimental.” This plays over a shot of Han looking at Leia and then walking towards the Millennium Falcon with Chewbacca.

There's a lot of irony in there

foxtrot3d

Banned
giphy.gif

There's a trailer 2? WHERE?!

is there really such a feverish demand for the breakdown of an unreleased trailer? this feels like something AICN would've done 10-11 years ago.

The denial is interesting, as a lot of the scenes as described in the trailer sound like they're either misunderstandings or misinterpretations of currently existing rumors.

Or it COULD be that the rumors themselves are misunderstandings/misinterpretations of what actually was shot.

Wheeeeeeeeee

is there really such a feverish demand for the breakdown of an unreleased trailer? this feels like something AICN would've done 10-11 years ago.

"Feverish demand" is a little hyperbolic. Considering the first teaser is the most watched teaser in the history of ever, it seems to make sense that a description for the second one would garner some hits.

(also, a description of the first teaser was posted about two weeks before it hit, as well. People still do this sort of thing)

spookyfish

As the VO concludes with, “I know why the weapon came to you,” we are shown a shot of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and a blue alien in a dark cave. Finn ignites a green-bladed lightsaber. Rey looks on in the background, disturbed.

Oh god. This means the "hand falling to Tatooine with lightsaber" is possibly correct?

I hate J.J. Abrams.

rolls before avengers 2 I think ?

It'll play at Celebration, and if it plays at Celebration, it'll go online shortly thereafter to prevent any potatophone leaks.

YouTube's basically completely changed the whole "attach a trailer" game people got used to playing.

I mean, a theater will probably stick it in front of Avengers 2, yeah, but it's not gonna "premiere" there or anything.

Slayven

It'll play at Celebration, and if it plays at Celebration, it'll go online shortly thereafter to prevent any potatophone leaks.

YouTube's basically completely changed the whole "attach a trailer" game people got used to playing.

I mean, a theater will probably stick it in front of Avengers 2, yeah, but it's not gonna "premiere" there or anything.

I still get my movie trailers from Quicktime.com

studyguy

As the VO concludes with, “I know why the weapon came to you,” we are shown a shot of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and a blue alien in a dark cave. Finn ignites a green-bladed lightsaber. Rey looks on in the background, disturbed.

Booooo green booooooooo

You jest, but the first place the TFA teaser popped up was indeed iTunes Trailers.

Actually, it was supposed to be exclusive to iTunes for a time, but MovieClips actually got it up first on YouTube, I believe. And most people watched it there (even beat starwars.com's official account) because iTunes basically locked up due to people trying to watch it there.

Tookay

Sounds like it could be legit based on what we know.

Or somebody just cobbled together the existing MSW rumors and leaked artwork into a trailer.

TRAILER DESCRIPTION LIKELY BUNKO.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-2-description/

UPDATE: Jason Ward from MakingStarWars has tweeted out that he’s confirmed this trailer description is fake. Peter Sciretta also heard that too.

Pretty likely a couple people decided to coordinate some shit based on Making Star Wars reports, came up with some good guesses, and sent it to Dave at Latino-Review to see if it'd pass muster.

This is pretty much why studios don't need to invest in misinformation campaigns. Fans have no problems bullshitting themselves, and going to great lengths to do so.

because iTunes basically locked up due to people trying to watch it there.

I definitely remember this, as well as the subsequent scouring of the internet for an alternate download link because I was in no way willing to deal with crappy Youtube compression for a fucking Star Wars trailer.

vvvv edit: this man has the right idea

Pretty likely a couple people decided to coordinate some shit based on Making Star Wars reports, came up with some good guesses, and sent it to Dave at Latino-Review to see if it'd pass muster.

This is pretty much why studios don't need to invest in misinformation campaigns. Fans have no problems bullshitting themselves, and going to great lengths to do so.

The thing I hate is, for movies like this, I want to be on a media blackout...then I see thread title "NEW STAH WARZ TRAILER" and all my inhibitors malfunction.

:(

FeD.nL

Well that's that. Almost thought we we're going back full circle regarding Lupita's character being back to Luke's apprentice.

yeah i was a little taken back by the convenience of all the latest rumors recapped point by point (right down to the dialogue quotes) and glued together with a little bullshit somehow magically forming a trailer

Texar

Banned
The thing I hate is, for movies like this, I want to be on a media blackout...then I see thread title "NEW STAH WARZ TRAILER" and all my inhibitors malfunction.

:(

Yeh right there with you. I try to act like I don't care then I see a thread like this and Im all over it.

Cheebo

Banned
Jason Ward of Making Star Wars tweeted this leak is false. They have a WAY WAY better track record when it comes to Star Wars. Case closed.

This "leak" is almost certainly not accurate.
st_move_along.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom