• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Latino Review: Star Wars: The Force Awakens: trailer #2 breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green saber = best saber

Yellow>Green>Red>Purple>Blue

I am a bit disappointed that there's already talks of another TFA trailer yet no sign of BvS on the horizon, given that TFA trailer premiered a year before it's release, and we're approaching that date rapidly for BvS.

TRAILER DESCRIPTION LIKELY BUNKO.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-2-description/

Pretty likely a couple people decided to coordinate some shit based on Making Star Wars reports, came up with some good guesses, and sent it to Dave at Latino-Review to see if it'd pass muster.

This is pretty much why studios don't need to invest in misinformation campaigns. Fans have no problems bullshitting themselves, and going to great lengths to do so.

:(
That description hyped me up, although I have no doubt they'll cut a good trailer for the actual release.

Frog-fu

Banned
I hate how even trailers get spoiled these days. Leak it or just keep your mouth shut up about it. It's gonna be impossible to avoid this even if you're not looking for it.

I'm torn between wanting this movie because MORE STAR WARS PLS and hating it because all the rumors sound awful, Disney is a terrible company and they killed EU, and did I mention Disney is awful?

Cheebo

Banned
Was there a first trailer? PEACE.
It was only the most watched trailer of all time.

I'm torn between wanting this movie because MORE STAR WARS PLS and hating it because all the rumors sound awful, Disney is a terrible company and they killed EU, and did I mention Disney is awful?
The EU was always going to die. No matter if Disney bought Lucasfilm or not. They would have done Episode VII eventually regardless and it would never have followed the novels.

Not to mention Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasfilm said the decision to end the EU was made BEFORE the Disney sale when Lucas started writing his initial Episode VII story treatments.

Cuburt

To LR's credit, they were completely on-point for their GotG leak breakdown, complete with the Spirit in The Sky mention. That was leaked a month before the actual trailer was even released.

Their Star Wars info may not be as accurate as their Marvel info, but it's worth noting.

Cheebo

Banned
To LR's credit, they were completely on-point for their GotG leak breakdown, complete with the Spirit in The Sky mention. That was leaked a month before the actual trailer was even released.

Their Star Wars info may not be as accurate as their Marvel info, but it's worth noting.
This report of LR had been debunked across the board by basically every reliable Star Wars news outlet. It's without a doubt false.

The EU was always going to die. No matter if Disney bought Lucasfilm or not. They would have done Episode VII eventually regardless and it would never have followed the novels.

Not to mention Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasfilm said the decision to end the EU was made BEFORE the Disney sale when Lucas started writing his initial Episode VII story treatments.

Yeah, but without Disney we might see a return to the Clone Wars in some sense, which, despite the awful prequels, had some really interesting stuff going on. But now, it's pretty obvious that Disney moved away from that as fast as they could because they knew everybody hated it because of the prequels.

Yeah, but without Disney we might see a return to the Clone Wars in some sense, which, despite the awful prequels, had some really interesting stuff going on. But now, it's pretty obvious that Disney moved away from that as fast as they could because they knew everybody hated it because of the prequels.

Not watching Rebels then, I presume.

Blader

Haven't we had enough Clone Wars era material by now though? I get that people liked the show and all, but we've also had 12 years of it now. Personally, one of my favorite things about the prospect of new movies is that the supplementary stuff will finally get to shift focus away from the Old Republic/Clone Wars time period to something new.

Cheebo

Banned
Someone hasn't seen the end of Rebels season 1. That episode flips the series on its head and is setting up to continue the plot lines of Clone Wars.

Bishop89

I just wet myself.

At first I thought han said "you can do this kid " to Luke which sounded cool to me as he called Luke kid in the first movie, but then I realised he was talking to the new guy.

End shot of Luke...fuck... This movie is going to be insane. Most hyped movie ever

Cheebo

Banned
I just wet myself.

At first I thought han said "you can do this kid " to Luke which sounded cool to me as he called Luke kid in the first movie, but then I realised he was talking to the new guy.

End shot of Luke...fuck... This movie is going to be insane. Most hyped movie ever

The trailer description is very likely fake.

I just wet myself.

If you'd read the thread before posting you might have saved your pants such hot indignity.

I really want to see Episode VII used in the title

They're not using the episode title in any of the marketing.

Akahige

I don't look at Latino Review outside what gaf posts once in a while but do they ever get things right?

It does not seem like it, it seems like they jump the gun on a story without many sources to back it up.

TheXbox

Seems quite early for a leak (presuming this will be shown at Celebration), but I think I remember a description of the first teaser getting leaked well ahead of when the teaser dropped. Naive as it is I was hoping they'd hold off showing Luke for a while, if at all.

edit: or it's just fake. whatever

Jason Ward of Making Star Wars tweeted this leak is false. They have a WAY WAY better track record when it comes to Star Wars. Case closed.

This "leak" is almost certainly not accurate.
st_move_along.jpg

You're being just as bad as Latino Review by saying that. Yes Making Star Wars has a better track record, but it's not perfect. And yes this description is likely false, but it's not certain.

Cheebo

Banned
You're being just as bad as Latino Review by saying that. Yes Making Star Wars has a better track record, but it's not perfect. And yes this description is likely false, but it's not certain.
It isn't just Making Star Wars. TheForce.met says their sources say it's fake. SlashFillm says their sources say it's fake. It's fake.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also for what it's worth, the music for the first trailer was recorded about 15 days before it went live. Sure that's just one bullet point and there's no guarantee that it's some kind of modus operandi, but regardless, any idea that trailers are 100% ready a full month before they're supposed to drop is wishful thinking in the film industry.

Also for what it's worth, the music for the first trailer was recorded about 15 days before it went live. Sure that's just one bullet point and there's no guarantee that it's some kind of modus operandi, but regardless, any idea that trailers are 100% ready a full month before they're supposed to drop is wishful thinking in the film industry.

True, but the edit of the trailer for Williams to write music to was sent about 15 days before that. Basically, Williams had a couple weeks to watch the thing, compose a score for it, and then wait for the booked date at the studio. So yeah, there was a version of the trailer ready about a month before it dropped. Maybe it wasn't the final (probably had a temp score and semi-completed effects) but the shots were in order and timed out specifically for him to score to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom