• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

Fandangox

In the leak's Tomodachi stage slot, there's a previously unseen room. The exact room was seen again later on in the recent Famitsu scans.

They have shown a new stage in famitsu yesterday which already is on the leak. That is the reason that I believe this leak cause there is no way that they knew beforehand and also had a pic of the stage already.

I haven't played Tomadachi, but the Tomadachi stage gets the rooms from designs randomly from the actual game, so it might be possible it is one hell of a coincidence.

I still don't think this Leak will be "confirmed" or "deconfirmed" until the next character either veteran or newcomer is revealed.

Roo

Sweet Baby Jesus that's fucking amazing. Marvelous job
Here's the high res "artwork" for those wondering how it really looks.
klonoa_for_smash_by_hextupleyoodot-d7lmx4b.png

jadedm17

The game has has too many fake leaks for me to take this all too seriously.
The whole idea of taking any unofficial leaks remotely serious is hilarious to me, but then again so are people who take astrology seriously but neither are hurting me so let them have their fun.
I guess.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
The whole idea of taking any unofficial leaks remotely serious is hilarious to me, but then again so are people who take astrology seriously but neither are hurting me so let them have their fun.
I guess.

You do realize there have been legitimate leaks in the past, right? Yes, the vast majority of "leaks" are fake, but there are a few real ones.

As I recall, Brawl's entire roster was leaked before release, but a lot of people dismissed it as fake because "Only 35 characters? What is this shit?"

Again, DLC. Most of you keep glossing over that part.

I seem to remember Mario Kart 8 having DLC promised before launch, 3 months later and that promotional Mercedes isn't even out let alone anything you'd actually class as proper DLC. The idea of having at least a 3 month wait before being able to use one of my main characters (who is also a series veteran) is fairly offputting.

MicH

Really hope it's real. I've wanted Shulk ever since I played Xenoblade and Duck Hunt character is amazing. Totally unexpected.

Don't really care about Dark Pit or Bowser Jr though

Guesong

Dark Pit would be the worst clone ever. I hate how Pit plays in Brawl.

Actually I was about to tell you with a smile that if he's a clone, then you should be happy because Pit changed alot for his Smash 4 version so clone Dark Pit would not be Brawl's Pit, but then I just thought this would actually be a great way to keep Brawl's Pit (minus the Up-B) for those who liked him. And it'd make him only a semi-clone! Everyone wins!

I haven't played Tomadachi, but the Tomadachi stage gets the rooms from designs randomly from the actual game, so it might be possible it is one hell of a coincidence.

I still don't think this Leak will be "confirmed" or "deconfirmed" until the next character either veteran or newcomer is revealed.

Yes, the room designs come from assets seen in the actual Tomodachi game. However, I think the Tomodachi stage is still as close to a smoking gun as possible -- and really makes this rumor all but confirmed:

1. The room in the leak and the scan are identical to the T. Same color scheme, same objects and same object placement. That's one insane coincidence.

2. It assumes the leaker went out of his way to fake this one extremely minor detail -- yet did not put the same effort into the rest of them.

3. Even if he wanted to fake it, how would he do it to make it so exact? The camera angle and graphics in the Tomodachi game aren't exactly the same in Smash. The graphics are close, but the angle is different (and also exactly the same in both the scan and leak).

4. The leak came out before the Famitsu scan, so there was no reference material for this layout.

I know people want to be cautious, but I think Leaker 2 is on the money. Unfortunately, Leaker 1 is the one that did the character select screen. So, characters and the DLC are still up in the air -- except for Shulk who is in both leaks.

InsuRn

I seem to remember Mario Kart 8 having DLC promised before launch, 3 months later and that promotional Mercedes isn't even out let alone anything you'd actually class as proper DLC. The idea of having at least a 3 month wait before being able to use one of my main characters (who is also a series veteran) is fairly offputting.

Exactly my thought on the DLC leak. Well said.

Fireblend

Banned
Klonoa would have been an awesome addition to the roster; I had been hoping for him since Melee and with Namco helping out this time around it was only logical... :(

Subtle

Has nobody mentioned that the duck hunt dog looks nothing like the actual duck hunt dog? I like the new slimmer and more streamlined design but it's nothing like his nes look

DNAbro

Has nobody mentioned that the duck hunt dog looks nothing like the actual duck hunt dog? I like the new slimmer and more streamlined design but it's nothing like his nes look

It's been over 20 years since he had a game. Of course they would update the look. Pit looked nothing like his first appearance when he was in Brawl.

Subtle

Looks like the same dog to me. I mean, its recognizable even if the art style is changed up a bit

I just thought that duck hunt dog would look like this
DHDMouth_zpsbf986184.png

New dog is cute, and i prefer him, but is completely different.

New dog doesn't even have the dots on his cheek! What is this

Yes, the room designs come from assets seen in the actual Tomodachi game. However, I think the Tomodachi stage is still as close to a smoking gun as possible -- and really makes this rumor all but confirmed:

1. The room in the leak and the scan are identical to the T. Same color scheme, same objects and same object placement. That's one insane coincidence.

2. It assumes the leaker went out of his way to fake this one extremely minor detail -- yet did not put the same effort into the rest of them.

3. Even if he wanted to fake it, how would he do it to make it so exact? The camera angle and graphics in the Tomodachi game aren't exactly the same in Smash. The graphics are close, but the angle is different (and also exactly the same in both the scan and leak).

4. The leak came out before the Famitsu scan, so there was no reference material for this layout.

I know people want to be cautious, but I think Leaker 2 is on the money. Unfortunately, Leaker 1 is the one that did the character select screen. So, characters and the DLC are still up in the air -- except for Shulk who is in both leaks.

Leaks 1 and 2 are consistent with each other though. Dr. Mario and Shulk have the exact same renders.

Time to make it official. Fill out the GAF Survey, are you #teamReal or #teamFake

Quote to reveal the link.

Results:
[email="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F9w6aTz1tAqr6dXBUE6eg-IHC0GSVfXPE_yPIFkuWF0/pubhtml][/email]

Don't believe a single word.

It's easier a camel passes through the eye of a needle than a screen leaks from Nintendo's headquarters.

Leaks 1 and 2 are consistent with each other though. Dr. Mario and Shulk have the exact same renders.

Oh, I agree with you, but for the sake of hedging bets, I can see why someone would be hesitant on the character select screen from leaker 1 but fully endorse leaker 2.

That said, Shulk is in both so...

"Behold, the power of the Monado!"

I just thought that duck hunt dog would look like this
DHDMouth_zpsbf986184.png

New dog is cute, and i prefer him, but is completely different.

New dog doesn't even have the dots on his cheek! What is this

I prefer new dog. Seems stupid. Like a dog. I like it.
And anyway it'll obviously have a taunt like the one in this pic (by the way this hack is absolutely awful sorry).

Hero

Where was it said that Mario Kart 8 would have DLC from an official source?

Where was it said that Mario Kart 8 would have DLC from an official source?

The Mercedes DLC was announced the day before release in Japan (2 days before US/EU release), which showed the game was built with DLC support in mind. I doubt anyone who saw that thought they'd go to the trouble of supporting DLC just for an out of place marketing crossover and nothing else.

Hero

The Mercedes DLC was announced the day before release in Japan (2 days before US/EU release), which showed the game was built with DLC support in mind. I doubt anyone who saw that thought they'd go to the trouble of supporting DLC just for an out of place marketing crossover and nothing else.

Mercedes DLC is coming out in a week. So aside from that, what other Mario Kart 8 DLC was announced?

Iceclimbers(white_background).png

Look how detailed their render is. The reason the Ice Climbers aren't on the roster is because the "leaker" couldn't shade their fur coat properly. I guarantee it. The Duck Hunt Dog model isn't even that good, considering it has no fur or detail outside of decent shadows. People are justifying the lack of detail by claiming that the character is retro, yet if that were the case, why do the Ice Climbers look so detailed in comparison? Why would they cut the Ice Climbers after making such a big effort to bring them back in the first place? I remember when people were speculating that the Ice Climbers were going to get cut from Brawl because some bogus radio interview which claimed that Mr. Game & Watch, Young Link, and the Ice Climbers would be axed for Bowser Jr. and Ridley. Since then, the poor Ice Climbers haven't been able to catch a break. People took a Sakurai quote out of context and assumed that the Ice Climbers would get cut because the 3DS isn't powerful enough to handle their "complex" AI. Now they're supposedly going to be DLC to make up for the fact that they aren't in the finished product. But why aren't they in the finished product? Because of time constraints? Why would they prioritize R.O.B. and four clones over the Melee veteran? If not time constraints, then what? If complexity was an issue, what makes you think they will come back as DLC? Something is not adding up here.

Top Bottom