• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We'll already know the full roster by then, as well as most of the game modes and features.

I seriously doubt that we are getting full roster before the game release. 10ish characters in 3 weeks? Doubtful. It's more likely that we are getting unlockable characters.

Mr Buddy

Well, according to this specific post on /v/ -coughcough-, the shulk image was faked by MasterLinkX. It's that or this is getting into some meta trolling

Seriously I don't even know who's real anymore

I feel the same way, I have no idea what to believe now. I remember during the X and Y leaks that someone pretended to be the artist who drew Greninja, and that just made me hurt myself with confusion

Ysiadmihi

Banned
But... why? Redoing completed art just to throw people off the scent of a game that's a month away from release seems like a really silly idea.

Not to mention the Amiibo figures that match up with the art renders.

The replacements wouldn't have to be the ones used officially in-game, just there to throw people off. And with as much work as they've been putting into reveals I'm sure they'd hate to have the surprise(s) ruined.

I refuse to beleive these leaks are true. The Bowser Junior part in particular is just unbelievable - it would be a massive waste of resources to put so much effort into an eight-in-one clone character... riding a kart, no less.

or

Shahadan
Is ready to shulk all the dicks available
(Today, 11:30 AM)
Shahadan
Shulking in a corner.

Was the Tomodachi stage being exactly the same in the leaked stage select and this week's issue of Famitsu discredited yet?

Cause if it hasn't been, then I don't see how people can think it's entirely fake. That was as close to smoking gun evidence as we've seen so far.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nope.

Unless there was some shot of Tomadachi Life with that room before Famitsu this week, but it's been a stage we've barely seen outside of POTD. Don't think we have any video footage of it.

People do realize that the Famitsu scans have been circulating for nearly 48 hours, right? I'm impressed that they actually incorporated it into the fake leak.

Hatchtag

Banned
People do realize that the Famitsu scans have been circulating for nearly 48 hours, right? I'm impressed that they actually incorporated it into the fake leak.

Not trying to claim you're wrong, but got any proof that that those scans have been circulating around for nearly 48 hours?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

No one had posted the Famitsu Scans anywhere till this morning though.

Considering the same picture showed Bowser's Castle as a stage in the Paper Mario level, I'm sure people would've been talking about that sooner if it had been circulating.

leroidys

The line thickness bug is a pretty insane detail and makes me much more inclined to believe that this is the real deal.

Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog are stupid adds but whatev.

Fiktion

Banned
Duck Hunt Dog is cool.
Shulk is fine.
Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Dark Pit are whatever.

The cuts and the lack of other newcomers are what grind my gears.

DNAbro

it shows the same area in the tomodachi life stage but it's not the same angle, so not same. And yes the leak came out before the scans unless all the news from this morning from famitsu magically appeared 48 hours ago.

?oe?oe

Some people were gonna to settle for Shulk and Chorus Men, but now we might be getting them and more, people are even more disappointed hehe.

Duck Hunt is instant win for me though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The line thickness bug is a pretty insane detail and makes me much more inclined to believe that this is the real deal.

The only thing that bothers me about Shulk is that it's not Reyn instead.

But I'd be very disappointed if the game ends up having no playable Xenoblade characters at all, so I think this is great.

Hugstable

Banned
Have they been proven fake yet? I just don't see how Duck Hunt works as a character... like at all. Am I gonna be a lightgun, the duck... or what?

#Teamfake

Yeah, Ok.

So, there's still no consensus whether it's fake or not? Might be the most elaborate fake work ever...

All the clones are together for some reason.
With weird criteria to be put in the corner. You had to be a clone that was not in Brawl, since you can't even say new comer clones, because Doc isn't a new comer. Toon Link isn't in the corner, and he's as much of a clone as Doc.

It's one of those odd quirks of the leak that make it look sort of fake, but at the same time you have to think that a fake wouldn't be so stupid as to do it, so you kind of have to feel like it's real.

leroidys

Yeah, Ok.

So, there's still no consensus whether it's fake or not? Might be the most elaborate fake work ever...

The game is fun but the designs in Xenoblade are dogshit. Also it's one game vs all the other long running franchises that don't have a single rep. Just how I feel, sorry.

And duckhunt dog working with the ducks that he hunts doesn't make any goddamn sense. It's like if Olimar was aided by bulborbs instead of pikmin.

With weird criteria to be put in the corner. You had to be a clone that was not in Brawl, since you can't even say new comer clones, because Doc isn't a new comer. Toon Link isn't in the corner, and he's as much of a clone as Doc.

It's one of those odd quirks of the leak that make it look sort of fake, but at the same time you have to think that a fake wouldn't be so stupid as to do it, so you kind of have to feel like it's real.

Yeah good point - only Smash 4 clones. It's very weird. The rest of the layout is extremely logical though so... I dunno.

edit:

Pacman uses ghosts in a few of his smash attacks

Yeah I believe it but... :/

The game is fun but the designs in Xenoblade are dogshit. Sorry.

And duckhunt dog working with the ducks that he hunts doesn't make any goddamn sense. It's like if Olimar was aided by bulborbs instead of pikmin.

The bolded... i know it's an opinion but i strongly disagree. Xenoblade's designs are really beautiful, personally i feel they're a lot more interesting than FE ones that go a lot more quickly into the generic anime zone (not that i don't like them, i just think Xenoblade one's are a lot more original tbh)

And Duck Hunt dog is clearly a joke character on the roster (like Phoenix on MVC3), trying to find some sense in it is silly, just relax and enjoy them dude.

(I'd have loved Kumatora, though, and i hope Lucas comes eventually)

Top Bottom