• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

As much as I'd love the Snake confirmation and addition of Dark Pit, I'm not believing any of this until there's some definitive evidence. There are quite a few things about this which seem kinda fishy and I'm not one to buy the "It's so high quality it couldn't be faked" argument. People have gone to absolutely stupid lengths to fuck with people before, especially 4chan. If this is real than yay! Snake's back baby! If fake, than mad props to the faker since this is high enough quality that enough people believed it.

Famitsu Tomodachi scans are the only solid proof either side has.

As much as I'd love the Snake confirmation and addition of Dark Pit, I'm not believing any of this until there's some definitive evidence. There are quite a few things about this which seem kinda fishy and I'm not one to buy the "It's so high quality it couldn't be faked" argument. People have gone to absolutely stupid lengths to fuck with people before, especially 4chan. If this is real than yay! Snake's back baby! If fake, than mad props to the faker since this is high enough quality that enough people believed it.

I think the images look convincing, but I'm not convinced that any of the text is necessarily true. edit: sorry I mean the dlc info, the earlier stuff fits.

Neoxon

If Wolf and Ice Climbers were paid DLC, who would pay for them? If they are unpaid DLC, why not just include them in the roster to start with?
- The characters needed more development time, & Sakurai didn't want to delay the game further
- Save some characters for the Wii U Hype Train

I for one would gladly pay for them.

NotLiquid

Famitsu Tomodachi scans are the only solid proof either side has.

Even that is arguably dubious since some elements don't match the actual scan such as the couch being angled a completely different way and certain objects having different coloration or properties to them.

YMMV I guess.

Even that is arguably dubious since some elements don't match the actual scan such as the couch being angled a completely different way and certain objects having different coloration or properties to them.

YMMV I guess.

But that would mean that out of all the room layouts in tonodachi, out of all the possible positions that the room might be in, he chose the one that looked like the one in the tomodachi scan?

That would be an absurd coincidence, to the point of being unbelievable.

The only thing that can confirm or deconfirm this leak right now is new screenshots or reveals.

People have dissected this whole thing thoroughly, come up with all sorts of theories, but nothing's been conclusive at all outside of, potentially, the Tomodachi Life screenshot in Famitsu being in the leak's stage select a day after we saw the leak happen. Which is still somewhat suspect (early copies happen).

But what it comes down to is we need a screenshot of something we haven't seen before that contradicts or confirms this whole leak. One piece of evidence will either cement it or destroy it.

We have to wait and see.

Redrop

Heh, this leak is remarkably well done, that's for sure. I'm going to bet it's real, if for only because of that Famitsu scan comparison.

How would they handle DLC characters along with their Amiibos?
We should probably wait and see how they handle the DLC. It could be as simple as some characters held back to hype the WiiU, and they're just regular characters on the cart, but disabled until the WiiU launch.

It just seems weird to charge to veterans. I'm having a hard time believing paid DLC will be a thing, there must be more to the story than that

If they're in the WiiU version by default and patched into the 3DS version, Amiibos would be no different than any other series.

NotLiquid

But that would mean that out of all the room layouts in tonodachi, out of all the possible positions that the room might be in, he chose the one that looked like the one in the tomodachi scan?

That would be an absurd coincidence, to the point of being unbelievable.

So then why the discrepancies? Might be an unbelievable coincidence, or even something taken from Tomodachi itself, but you could argue that the differences make it clear that it isn't really proof of anything and that it falling short of the 100% accuracy mark could go against it.

Again, it's a different side of the same coin. That image can suit both narratives. If it weren't for us not knowing the extents to which the stage's random properties work, then that could have been pretty damning.

Platy

The same way the other floating Amiibos do?

Notice that some of those Amiibos are being supported by transparent beams.

Dog on the base Duck in the air with the clear plastic raising him

Man.. how are Link, Fox, DK, Peach and Pit a thing then? ..

It's obvious.

Dog will be on the ground. Duck will be suspended in the air by the transparent rods like Fox and Pit.

Um, the same way everyone who isn't touching the ground's will be done? The same way they'll have to do Rosalina & Luma? I feel like you answered your own question.

Lol ... thanks xD

I'm more concerned about Luigi. What are they going to do, stick a pipe in his chest?

Probably have a very strong "skelleton" ....

holy shit, i had no idea those existed. i need them. ALL OF THEM

They work like Skylanders/Disney Infinity ... were oficialy announced at E3.
Will store player data for you to create a personalized cpu and some other stuff.

Will be released with smash and it is good to expect at least one for each (non mii) playable character. Probably even 3rd party too.

People have dissected this whole thing thoroughly, come up with all sorts of theories, but nothing's been conclusive at all outside of, potentially, the Tomodachi Life screenshot in Famitsu being in the leak's stage select a day after we saw the leak happen. Which is still somewhat suspect (early copies happen)..

It isn't the same screenshot though, it looks like it's the same room, but from quite a different perspective, so that's yet more work required for these infinitely talented fakers to do when they have to scan a super early copy of Famitsu, recreate a 3d model of the room, adjust the perspective and add it to their picture.

NotLiquid

I don't think that's quite enough. A new character render or stage that matches the leak would prove its legitimacy.

I'm not sure about stages since a lot of stages implied in that leak are throwback stages, and if any show up in the near future that are on the list they could be attributed to lucky guesses. There's just too little to chew on. There's not a lot of game play either and if the fake renders of Klonoa and Protoman that were posted earlier today are anything to go by, they are relatively easy these days to fake if you're savvy enough. Even the Project M team dabbles with them all the time.

Only thing that will prove or disprove this leak with certainty is any veteran or character reveal. The leaker was pretty strategic in that regard, revealing it a week after Meta Knight arguably gives him a ton more leg room on the off chance that it isn't real.

I'll be pretty sad if there are no Ice Climbers.

Nothing beats my friends asking why I'm using such a useless character only to dominate with well-timed smash attacks.

leroidys

But the enemies are CPU and Nana is a CPU that follows the player around. I'm almost sure that the 3DS was the problem here, limiting the Wii U version :(

Yeah I also blame it for the fall of pokemon trainer and the reduced Pikmin count. Fuck the 3DS version for dragging everything down.

Will the Tomodatchi room from Famitsu do for you?

That's the smoking gun, for me. Far too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

No. It's a good sign but it's so small and not significant enough. We need one of these 'unknown' stages revealed, or a veteran's official art, or one of the 'newcomers' to be shown off as an assist trophy or something.

A lot of things can be coincidental or lucky guesses, but we need something decisive, not something that just adds to the pile of "yes it is!" and "no it isn't!" as people debate if it's real or not.

Neiteio

The leaker was pretty strategic in that regard, revealing it a week after Meta Knight arguably gives him a ton more leg room on the off chance that it isn't real.
If he was a faker trying to be strategic, he'd leak on a Friday so he'd have the whole weekend to watch people go crazy. But instead, the leak came in the middle of the week, when it could be debunked in a day's time, depending on what's shown for PotD.

Definitely still inclined to think it's real at this point. C'mon, Sakurai, show us another character render. :-O

Shulk :D

Depends on the price. If it's $.99-$1.99, sure. Or better yet, just put them all in one big pack.

lol new characters are so much work there's no way they'd be $2. Like $5 minimum individually, probably all bundled together in a pack for $20

A single fighting game character is frequently as much work to produce as an entire small-scale game so don't expect those to be cheap.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The neat thing about this leak is pretty much the entire thing will be blown up or confirmed even if they just show a Veteran and we see their pose picture. Might not take that long either.

I don't think that's quite enough. A new character render or stage that matches the leak would prove its legitimacy.

The chances of the leaker getting the layout of the room in the exact right position in the stage are so vanishingly unlikely that I consider it every bit as much a smoking gun as a Magikant stage or something similar.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The neat thing about this leak is pretty much the entire thing will be blown up or confirmed even if they just show a Veteran and we see their pose picture. Might not take that long either.

They could always whip up a quick replacement to throw everyone off though.

Majukun

I think the "one bar is bigger" also helps considering people were using that discredit it at first until it was revealed that the game actually does that.

well,whoever made the leak (if it was made of course) had to use some image as reference..so even if people didn't get the difference,someone using a real pics as a reference to make the fake one would.
it's even possible they just modified an already existing image just adding the new character art and names.

I'm still on #teamfake though..there are proof for both teams,but i'm still not convinced.

also,no ice climbers means no copy for me

Neoxon

We should probably wait and see how they handle the DLC. It could be as simple as some characters held back to hype the WiiU, and they're just regular characters on the cart, but disabled until the WiiU launch.

It just seems weird to charge to veterans. I'm having a hard time believing paid DLC will be a thing, there must be more to the story than that

If they're in the WiiU version by default and patched into the 3DS version, Amiibos would be no different than any other series.
Nintendo's shown that they're more than willing to do paid DLC, even as far as to do Day 1 DLC & Season Passes.

Galang

Banned
If Wolf and Ice Climbers were paid DLC, who would pay for them? If they are unpaid DLC, why not just include them in the roster to start with?

I'd feel weird about having an incomplete roster in Smash Bros. I'd buy them all even if I didn't care for most the DLC characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd feel weird about having an incomplete roster in Smash Bros. I'd buy them all even if I didn't care for most the DLC characters.

I wouldn't dare to think of "incomplete rosters" since we lose few characters for Brawl due to deadline so rather than losing/cutting characters for Smash 4, they can put it forward as DLC characters. So they could have more time to working on characters and bring them to us in the future.

I liked playing as Wolf in Brawl so I wouldn't have a problem paying for that DLC if this ends up being true. Was never really a fan of Ice Climbers but if they put all the DLC characters in one pack I'd probably go ahead and grab that just to have them all.

Astarte

Well, according to this specific post on /v/ -coughcough-, the shulk image was faked by MasterLinkX. It's that or this is getting into some meta trolling

Seriously I don't even know who's real anymore

Top Bottom