• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo to keep making video games, Switch will get titles that help it sell

Yes it is. WiiU visuals on the handheld would be fine especially considering Smash is 1080p so it could be downsampled in handheld mode which is already better than the WiiU.

In docked mode there are tons of improvements they can crank out with the better CPU and GPU which in raw power alone is 2.25x stronger.

The Switch isnt a powerhouse but its a fairly big step over WiiU frankly.

The biggest improvement they can make on a deluxe edition is bringing back CPU - intensive fighters that the 3DS couldn't handle, like Ice Climbers.

Y'know this site used to be a haven from the unsubstantiated swill that plagues the rest of the internet, but here we are now, letting frankly ridiculous rumours like these be proudly displayed on our front page. What have we become NeoGaf?

NolbertoS

Its always great to see independant publishers now selling there games. Good for those Nintendo guys/gals. They deserve GAF's praise
parody post, but glad to see the Big N getting more positive vibes

MLH

Did the title change? seems funnier now.
"Rumor: Nintendo to keep making games"
We're not quite sure, they might just be done.

The premise of the thread/ rumor is already pretty stupid, of course Nintendo's going to keep making games, and we already know more unannounced Switch games are coming this year.

already planning on getting a Switch for the new Mario. if they announce some good new games then i'll buy immediately.

also lol @ "Rumor: Nintendo to keep making video games" in the awesome aftermath of BOTW

joedick

Hey mods, if you have a snarky comment, why not post it like the rest of us?

I think the mods here do an amazing job to keep such a massive community in order. But it feels like changing thread titles is the type of thing members would get banned for.

I think the mods here do an amazing job keep such a massive community in order. But it feels like changing thread titles is the type of thing members would get banned for.

Be happy they kept a shit thread open for you to post your eloquent reply.

I'm guessing Switch doesn't quite have the muscle for Battlefront 2, so a new exclusive Rogue Squadron game would be nice. Hell, remaster/make the existing games if they can't green-light an entirely new game.

jay

Thread title stole my post.

No one could have ever thought of a similar joke. It was clearly theft.

Ultima_5

I think the mods here do an amazing job keep such a massive community in order. But it feels like changing thread titles is the type of thing members would get banned for.

i for one love it

I'm guessing Switch doesn't quite have the muscle for Battlefront 2, so a new exclusive Rogue Squadron game would be nice. Hell, remaster/make the existing games if they can't green-light an entirely new game.

Switch can run anything a developer wants to port to it, obviously with downgrades though not likely all that severe. I'd say the online situation is probably a bigger concern regarding Battlefront 2/CoD than the actual hardware power.

E3 will probably have a few nice surprises in the demanding AAA game department, but probably not much. Like, I'm expecting the new Assassins Creed to be on Switch.

Nairume

Banned
The premise of the thread/ rumor is already pretty stupid, of course Nintendo's going to keep making games, and we already know more unannounced Switch games are coming this year.
I mean most of us knew that, but it wasn't stopping shitposters from insisting that there is absolutely nothing coming out between Zelda and Mario.

Which, of course, a lot of that already predicated around shit like repeatedly insisting that Splatoon 2 is somehow a port.

sense

I think the mods here do an amazing job to keep such a massive community in order. But it feels like changing thread titles is the type of thing members would get banned for.
I think the title change is funnier than a post

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

I live for snarky title edits. LIVE.

spekkeh

Banned
Heh, before launch I mused that the Switch would be hard to find until mid May. It would take that long for the preorders and the Zelda bump to get restocked. Now Mario Kart is releasing right at the end of April, then the possibility of getting a great E3 and Splatoon releasing right after... this thing will be intermittently out of stock until August. And then we're gearing up for thanksgiving, and the kids are coming around to it.

New Wii indeed.

Nairume

Banned
Wait, when was that said?
I don't think it's ever been officially mentioned anywhere, but every insider that has spoken about what Retro has been up to has seemingly all agreed on whatever it is being something that isn't Metroid or it's fucking Donkey Kong again.

E-phonk

Banned
Wait, when was that said?

From april 2016, give it whatever credit you give Emily:
3055487-8451702324-UHAGx.png

Knowing how development goes it can be 2017 or 2018. There have been other hints in the past few years, but this was one of the most direct ones.

This will be the E3 of dreams, screenshot this:

-Super Smash Bros. for Switch with new characters.
-New 2D Metroid
-New 3D Metroid
-New Mario Odyssey footage.
-Pokemon Eclipse (makes more sense than stars and you know it)
-Donkey Kong Country 4
-Lot of third party ports.

Here we go good to go!

Knowing how development goes it can be 2017 or 2018. There have been other hints in the past few years, but this was one of the most direct ones.

Nobody has ever reported an actual leak/rumor regarding Retro as far as I know. New IP is a fairly safe bet to make (since it's one or the other after all) but I wouldn't put too much stock into Retro rumors in general.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Oh come on, this thread is based on jack shit.

Nintendo, the gaming company that just put out a new gaming system, actually has new games in production? To the New-Thread-Mobile!

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Everyone "leaking" anything that retro is doing is false.

In reality they didn´t even started, they just spend all the money for BBQs!

Oh btw. I still believe a new Metroid will come just because this one youtuber obiw1 or whatever said so. Compared to the other "leakers" he literally got everything correct.

Animal Crossing for the switch please ! Only to discover, once the game is out, that Isabelle went through a nervous breakdown (too much work, too much stress) and is permanently replaced by Phyllis (Title : Animal crossing Old Wild World-Not welcome Amiibo or anybody else)

Nairume

Banned
They didn't make the Switch solely to play BotW and MK8D?
No, they made it for straight 100% unaltered ports like Splatoon 2.

Everyone "leaking" anything that retro is doing is false.

In reality they didn´t even started, they just spend all the money for BBQs!

Oh btw. I still believe a new Metroid will come just because this one youtuber obiw1 or whatever said so. Compared to the other "leakers" he literally got everything correct.
He actually got the charging rate for the Switch wrong, but, yes, otherwise was fairly on the ball.

Didn't he also mention Metroid as being in development by somebody that nobody would guess?

Trago

If Retro's game was originally slated for 2017, I'm thinking it's been moved to early 2018. There are enough major exclusives hitting the console this year. Gotta keep that momentum going into 2018.

18-Volt

I really REALLY doubt that any of those titles will be released in 2017. Between E3 and fall, there is not enough time for marketing for such unannounced title. Everything they'll mention at E3 will probably be 2018 titles. Nintendo's fall 2017 lineup is kinda set too: Skyrim, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2.

Winthorpe

Banned
It would be interesting if the Switch got the re-mastered version of Modern Warfare.

Not my cup of tea, but would signal a real statement of 3rd party support.

Nosgotham

lol. its funny. chill. do you need a safe space from thread titlee changes?

Ahhh the insiders. Did they all shut up after making fools of themselves?

Joeku

This will be the E3 of dreams, screenshot this:

-Super Smash Bros. for Switch with new characters.
-New 2D Metroid
-New 3D Metroid
-New Mario Odyssey footage.
-Pokemon Eclipse (makes more sense than stars and you know it)
-Donkey Kong Country 4
-Lot of third party ports.

Here we go good to go!

If your dreams are this obvious your subconscious is boring.

Except new 3D Metroid. Other M was poison.

Top Bottom