• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

Don't think Ubi and EA would mind releasing the PS4 versions earlier than PS360 versions

Twilight Princess for Wii came out a month before Twilight Princess for Gamecube....I know thats first party but it is a precedent

That's a totally good reasoning.

Not.

2Jtqm.jpg

DBT85

If true I still think Xbox could launch earlier. They've already got console in box and could be ready to go at any time.

You are making a ridiculously large assumption that Sony don't have PS4s in boxes.

MS said it's out in November, they could change, but then so could Sony.

Why? You would get the console earlier than expected and the game on the date you did expect. What exactly would piss you off about that?

They charge me 500 $ and I only get 440 $ worth of stuff. And lets say there's a sale on watch dogs or b2g1 that I couldn't participate in because I bought a nonexistent version a month ago.

RoKKeR

He's right, not sure why everyone keeps ignoring it. These are launch games, not launch window games. EA and Ubisoft have reiterated that fact several times already.

Yes, thank you. It's not that hard to grasp; these games are launching day one on both systems regardless of their pre-established current gen/PC release dates.

DBT85

They charge me 500 $ and I only get 440 $ worth of stuff. And lets say there's a sale on watch dogs or b2g1 that I couldn't participate in because I bought a nonexistent version a month ago.

No reason those games couldn't be out on Next Gen before current gen.

RoKKeR

I said that because the poster originally said this: "Stop, this is all false."

Because he was ignoring direct quotes from multiple developers/publishers stating these games are "launch day" games for both next gen consoles. I don't consider those rumors, but to each their own.

Vizzeh

Banned
No midnight launches in uk if that's the case, pretty sure sunday trading laws run from 10pm saturday to 6am monday or something stupid, of course this only matters to larger stores, however their are alot of regulations regarding being able to refuse to work on sundays, increased wages etc.

The only midnight launches would probably be small independent shops, so not game or tesco or asda or anywhere like that.

I live in Northern Ireland - UK - Over here shops are Open typically 1pm-6pm and can open shop at 12.01 Monday :) - Oh yeah baby... Possibly the same for scotland?

lmpaler

Great timing if true. A month of sales before Black Friday would be amazing.

This, but I hope they are dumping everything into production otherwise there won't be PS4's for Black Friday and both consoles would benefit immensely from that day.

Imagine the flood of user-uploaded videos on Youtube!

Youtube's gonna sweat!

Good. Youtube loads freaking slow enough already and with all the unnecessary site changes just made it slower. Maybe this will make them get off their lazy asses and make the site faster. Youtube was waaay faster from 07-09.

Yazuka

Hoping this is true! Just six days before my birthday, awesome present to get myself. Well its already payed of so whatever. *crossing my fingers*

Suddenly wonder how postage would work for a Monday release. They'd have to send out the PS4s the Friday and store them over the weekend at local depots. Madness.

Skeff

Suddenly wonder how postage would work for a Monday release. They'd have to send out the PS4s the Friday and store them over the weekend at local depots. Madness.

First time i've thought it would be cool to break into a post office depot...

EDIT: actually i had the ame thought when i was order tracking my ff12 pre order when i found it was going to be stayin in the depot over the weekend.

Paganmoon

This, but I hope they are dumping everything into production otherwise there won't be PS4's for Black Friday and both consoles would benefit immensely from that day.

Well they did notify retailers that they wouldn't fulfill anymore orders for launch day, and this was apparently to make sure there were enough to put on shelves on launch and later.

First time i've thought it would be cool to break into a post office depot...

EDIT: actually i had the ame thought when i was order tracking my ff12 pre order when i found it was going to be stayin in the depot over the weekend.

Yeah, I can imagine they'll be some crazy heist attempts!

NotSaladin

Neo Member
I'm expecting the PS4 to come to market before the X1, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it is that early.

I certainly don't think it is a bad move, gives Sony's titles a bit of space to breath before all of the hard hitting third-party games but it would make more sense if they are of course all available on launch day.

Why a Monday?

Monday??

The release date is fantastic, but the day of the week is strange...

Just going to keep quoting this until people get it through their heads...

Just so everyone knows all I have is our internal release schedule and nothing more. Nothing is cast in stone and things can change (though they rarely do). To clairify the 21st date means the week of. It could launch on the Monday though.

It's the week people, not the day.

The day Ubi decides to put out their game isn't up to Sony, so Sony isn't beholden to anything Ubi decides to do when releasing its system. As for Amazon's end of things (If those are the bundles we're talking about), what would you prefer they do? Hold you system until the game comes out and then send it? People would be furious if they did that. As for a potential sale, that's the case for every pre-order ever. You role the dice to have the privilege of being there day one; this is just an additional risk case of being unclear when "day one" will be. If a better deals comes out the day of or the day after, you're out of luck, but what would you expect them to do? I guess I can see being concerned that someone has taken your money without yet delivering the product, but short of charging you only a chunk of the cost or holding your system, what should they do?

TAS

Is there a complete list of launch games? I really have no idea what games to get with the system. :(

Top Bottom