• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

kaskade

I hope it's true. I feel like it would be a smart move for Sony either way. They have the 100 less price and a first release. That's a nice head start for them.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Since it's being listed as an entirely new Sony system, wouldn't that significantly lower the chances that it's a Vita redesign? Just wondering...

I always look for thrustworthy inside information in Tales from my ass threads.
...I suppose that would be a good place to look for that sort of thing.

KAL2006

Banned
So for launch we have
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Drive Club

8 days later the following release
Assassins Creed 4
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14

A week later
COD Ghosts

Then later in Nov
Watchdogs

Skeff

Hope this is uk date. Birthday is 20th and due to go on holiday on 21st... Go get dat midnight opening!

No midnight launches in uk if that's the case, pretty sure sunday trading laws run from 10pm saturday to 6am monday or something stupid, of course this only matters to larger stores, however their are alot of regulations regarding being able to refuse to work on sundays, increased wages etc.

The only midnight launches would probably be small independent shops, so not game or tesco or asda or anywhere like that.

Rhindle

Not buying this as a PS4 launch date.

I don't see them launching in advance of COD, Assassins' Creed and Watch Dogs. There would be nothing on the shelves to buy with the system.

In theory, they could try persuade publishers to pull forward release dates ahead of current gen releases, but I don't see that happening.

Dunlop

So for launch we have
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Drive Club

Assassins Creed 4
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14

A week later
COD Ghosts

Then later in Nov
Watchdogs

Launching with only 3 games would be bizarre.

The game I would mostly likely get is Watchdogs so I am good for a Nov release

R-User!

I like this info that came from Kneel and Lick her's post in the Tail's from my Ass IV Thread.

Tale=Tail=Ass=Kneel and Lick Her Tail from his Ass=October 21st is the PS4 Release Date!!!...

sorry... too many accidental sexually suggestive double entendres to resist.

And I know it makes no sense.

RulkezX

No midnight launches in uk if that's the case, pretty sure sunday trading laws run from 10pm saturday to 6am monday or something stupid, of course this only matters to larger stores, however their are alot of regulations regarding being able to refuse to work on sundays, increased wages etc.

The only midnight launches would probably be small independent shops, so not game or tesco or asda or anywhere like that.

You need to talk to all those 24 hr supermarkets.

Edit: And just about everyone working in retail has their working week listed as Monday to Sunday to avoid the Sunday working laws.

Skeff

Well it would be 3 retail games, there'd be more digital games I'm sure, playroom is already installed on the hdd.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm still hoping for 9/9/2013.

Playstation 9/9/1995
Dreamcast 9/9/99
Playstation 4 9/9/2013

:)

Hah, no way it's happening.

I'd love a september launch tho.

Still... the launch lineup is so weak. I mean don't get me wrong, I am tired of this gen and can't wait for new hardware but oh sheesh talk a bunch of crappy games in there.

Paganmoon

So for launch we have
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Drive Club

Assassins Creed 4
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14

A week later
COD Ghosts

Then later in Nov
Watchdogs

Don't forget EA's cross-gen games released in Aug/Sep, like Madden, FIFA, NHL, they'll probably be available on launchday.

RoKKeR

So for launch we have
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Drive Club

Assassins Creed 4
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14

A week later
COD Ghosts

Then later in Nov
Watchdogs
No. Ubisoft has said Watch Dogs will be there whenever the PS4 releases, as has DICE and a few other developers with regards to their next gen games.

Current gen/PC launch dates =/= next gen launch dates.

An example:

Watch Dogs will release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Wii U on November 22, and be available at the launch of PlayStation 4, Ubisoft has announced.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_releases_november_22_confirmed_as_a_ps4_launch_title.html

Krakn3Dfx

Killzone, Knack, DriveClub, DCUO, Warframe, Retribution, possibly Outlast.

Doesn't seem like there would be a lack of playable titles.

Mokubba

They might try to push the F2P games like Warframe but yea still weird. I'm expecting more stuff at Gamescom though.

Moosehole

I would be totally ok with this. Not too early, not too late, and assuming Xbone is still slated for November it would be out first.

Hope this turns out to be truth.

KAL2006

Banned

Perhaps Sony want to give Killzone a chance instead of going head to head against Battlefield 4 and COD. Also most people will have the free version of Drive Club and can upgrade for a cheaper price for full version. I also think FIFA and Madden will make it for launch.

Krakn3Dfx

For the record, how likely is it that Sony announces the release date at Gamescom? Is it more or less a fact?

I think the pressure is on for both consoles to get a release date at Gamescom, so pretty good at this point. both will show up with a date just in case the other announces.

RoKKeR

Perhaps Sony want to give Killzone a chance instead of going head to head against Battlefield 4 and COD. Also most people will have the free version of Drive Club and can upgrade for a cheaper price for full version. I also think FIFA and Madden will make it for launch.

Stop, this is all false. Another quote, this time about Battlefield. Again, a vast majority of the cross gen titles have a set current gen/PC release, while being a launch title for the next gen systems. (whenever those dates are)

At around 09:10 you will hear the presenter ask the developer when will the game be launched and to my surprise the dev let loose that whilst the exact date for the release of the next-gen consoles has not been confirmed Battlefield 4 will be there for all us gamers when they are

http://trutechnoid.com/2013/06/15/battlefield-4-to-be-64-players-and-launch-title-for-next-gen-consoles/

Here's AC4:

Game director Ashraf Ismail announced the news in an interview with ElderGeek, confirming that Assassin's Creed 4 "will release when the [next-gen] consoles are available.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_is_a_ps4_and_xbox_one_launch_title.html

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Stop, this is all false. Another quote, this time about Battlefield. Again, a vast majority of the cross gen titles have a set current gen/PC release, while being a launch title for the next gen systems. (whenever those dates are)

http://trutechnoid.com/2013/06/15/battlefield-4-to-be-64-players-and-launch-title-for-next-gen-consoles/

Here's AC4:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_is_a_ps4_and_xbox_one_launch_title.html
I wouldn't take any of this so literally. These things are always subject to change, especially around console launches.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If true, hopefully Amazon sends out the first packages early enough for the weekend before the official launch day.

RoKKeR

I wouldn't take any of this so literally. These things are always subject to change, especially around console launches.

Why not? I can just keep linking these stories, the devs are all saying the same thing.

Call of Duty: Ghosts will be releasing on the Wii U and will also be a next-gen launch title, executive producer Mark Rubin said in an interview with GameSpot.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4423032/call-of-duty-ghosts-coming-to-wii-u-is-a-next-gen-launch-title

Launch title means launch title, and I doubt any of these huge, AAA games are going to slip or miss the PS4's or Xbox One's launch date.

Top Bottom