• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

raphanum

Hope it's true. It's a few days after my sister's birthday. I can buy a PS4 and claim it's for her. Kill two birds with one stone. Yissssss.

Zaetus

Neo Member
That's fine, but i think what he meant by comparing KZ:SF to resistance, was to say that it will be the standout 1st party title at launch. And a lot of people will enjoy it

I know, I know. My hatred for the game got the better of me.

On topic: I am glad that is the case this time around. I always felt that Killzone needed a stronger presence in terms of FPS dominance in the Playstation community, similar to how Halo is with the Xbox. When people think Playstation, I want the Helghast to be one of those images people see. Good to see this begin to happen.

imperium

What are the chances that we will know the date by gamescom? I thought TGS was a bigger event?

Sony hasn't committed to releasing the PS4 in Japan this year. If the oct rumor is correct I would think it will get announced at Gamescon or soon thereafter. If Sony is hell bent on releasing in Japan this year it might make sense to wait until TGS but to me that seems a little too close to the potentail release date.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Still undecided where to preorder from for fear that one place will have a better preorder deal than another come closer to launch.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Ugh... this is sooner than I expected. I'm waffling back and forth on whether or not I want to pull the trigger on my pre-order. There are still so many PS3 games that either came out earlier this year or that release later that I'm interested it (Ni No Kuni, TLOU, Rain, Puppeteer, GT6). Very tempted to wait until next year. Sony is doing too good of a job supporting PS3. :p

Miggytronz

oh man my birthday is the 18th. Im going to see Nine Inch Nails on the 18th then going to a Bachelor Party the 19th...............PS4 the 21st!!! what a bday weekend/week that will be!!

Still undecided where to preorder from for fear that one place will have a better preorder deal than another come closer to launch.

I think maybe you're doing it wrong. (Or maybe you live in a country with more pre-orders than demand. You're certainly doing it wrong if you're in the US.) Best of luck getting your hands on a PS4.

October is great and all, but my wallet is ready for next week! How does August 19th sound?

Deal? Deal.

I second this. Had mine paid off since the pre-order went in at Amazon.

I'm trying to understand "How?"
Do people take a gamble like this and Pre-ordered a Next-Gen console and not like have the money to the side already.

Unless, people was being a troll and Pre-ordered the console, to aggro the internet in saying they are the first to Pre it first?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do people take a gamble like this and Pre-ordered a Next-Gen console and not like have the money to the side already.

Unless, people was being a troll and Pre-ordered the console, to aggro the internet in saying they are the first to Pre it first?

If you preordered on Amazon you don't pay until it ships. Saving up for a big purchase down the line is a common practice.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
This would be fantastic. I'll be at home because it's a normal work week. It's really annoying when things are released during holiday weeks when people are out.

QP3

All this birthday talk. I don't get it.

~4000k GAFers online.

~333 of those have birthday in Oct. (4k/12)

Roughly 166 GAFers online have a birthday within a week (+/-) of any date in Oct. (333/4x2)

THat is just currently online, not even everyone who has seen this thread throughout the day :)

Grok4Spock

Thanks to Gamestop selling Amazon gift cards, I have PS4 paid in full.. October FTW!

Skeff

There should be some consoles on store shelves on the day of launch but you'll have to wait in line

Yea, I doubt there will be consoles on store shelves as a lot of places have said they have split there pre orders into launch, before christmas and maybe not even 2013 allocations, if they're taking pre orders for 2014 I doubt they'll have some PS4's sat on a shelf waiting for people to casually stroll in and buy off the shelf.

cchum

My birthday is end of October.
Sony is not catering to me exclusively.
Preorder cancelled.

Still have my preorder

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Errrm I think you might be out of luck, PS4 is already sold out most places.

I think maybe you're doing it wrong. (Or maybe you live in a country with more pre-orders than demand. You're certainly doing it wrong if you're in the US.) Best of luck getting your hands on a PS4.

I don't live in the US, I'm in Australia and there are still plenty of consoles around.

If you pre-ordered on Amazon you don't pay until it ships. Saving up for a big purchase down the line is a common practice.

I understand what you're saying ,but I'm one of the first individuals World Wide that Pr-ed that Console from the start and open of Amazons release.

I'm talking about the individuals that are cancelling their orders due to this date ,if, it was coming Dec 31th 2013 or this new date, you would think people would've put this money to the side and made it KNOWN that I'm getting this launch day ,either or.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I understand what you're saying ,but I'm one of the first individuals World Wide that Pr-ed that Console from the start and open of Amazons release.

I'm talking about the individuals that are cancelling their orders due to this date ,if, it was coming Dec 31th 2013 or this new date, you would think people would've put this money to the side and made it KNOWN that I'm getting this launch day ,either or.

Ah, I gotcha. I was always planning on having the money set aside by mid-October, just in case.

Skeff

I don't live in the US, I'm in Australia and there are still plenty of consoles around.

Have you checked it's pre-orders for day one because word is the first batch has gone already in Australia.

Here in Australia my local EB Games has taken hundreds of PS4 pre-orders and only a few Xbone pre-orders. This was a few days ago and the news of the PS4 pre-order stop has sent everyone into panic mode. Everyone is scrambling now. The 1st batch of PS4's in Australia is gone. People are signing up for the 2nd batch now.

Im not trying to be a dick or anything, hope you get a pre order.

don't know why you guys are taking off. let's be real. sony announce a date. close to launch they have to delay it because of some issue ;P then everyone has to change their off days ;P

~4000k GAFers online.

~333 of those have birthday in Oct. (4k/12)

Roughly 166 GAFers online have a birthday within a week (+/-) of any date in Oct. (333/4x2)

THat is just currently online, not even everyone who has seen this thread throughout the day :)
Lol thanks for the info. I just never cared for anything to be released around my Birthday since I was 17. Interesting GAF.

I would love for it to launch in October! That would give my wallet time to recover just in time for Christmas shopping. I'm just really excited for a new console. I love my current consoles to death and there are so many games that are in my backlog currently but I just have this itch that can only be scratched by a new generation.

Makes sense to launch it first as they have a pretty weak 1st party lineup...wedging it between 2 of the biggest 3rd party game releases will give it some momentum as people will see what next gen titles will look like.

still have a sneaking suspicion eu wont see a ps4 until 2014

QP3

Lol thanks for the info. I just never cared for anything to be released around my Birthday since I was 17. Interesting GAF.

haha, yeah I think it is possibly to compensate for feeling guilty about a purchase, or looking for another way to justify one. "it is my birthday, I deserve 'x' "

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but I think that is where it stems from.

Top Bottom