• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Launch day and launch window are separate terms. These games have been stated as launch day games.

Launch usually means the first month or so and launch window extends until around March. The only guaranteed launch day games for PS4 are Sony's first party games.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Launch usually means the first month or so and launch window extends until around March. The only guaranteed launch day games for PS4 are Sony's first party games.

I know what launch means. I know what launch day means. If they've said launch day, which they have, I'm going to assume they mean launch day.

imperium

The BF4 & AC4 release dates are close enough to Oct 21 that I don't really see any issue with them being moved up a week. Watch Dogs & CoD could also very well make it.

Sony isn't just a going to pop an early release date on developers out of the blue. For all we know this date has been set for months & develops have adjusted their development schedule accordingly. I'm all for an Oct 21 release day. KIllzone & Driveclub are enough to keep me busy for Few weeks. Besides, we might also have access to a couple of F2P and PSN games.

Your birthday is now October 21st, go forth and prosper.

I am your real biological father and your birthday is indeed Oct 21st.

Sony's going to go back in time and bang your mom a couple months earlier.

84rD7vu.gif

God I love GAF :)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm ready for that, but my wallet may not be. I should be fine, and I'm not complaining, but wow, that's sooner than I was anticipating. Even so, I'll be spending less on this PS4 launch, than I did on the PS3 launch, and I'm still walking away with more games with the PS4 than I did with PS3.

squidyj

Sounds good, it'll be out ahead of a lot off the big cross-gen titles this year, if their next-gen versions are ready day 1 then it could help convince people to buy the games on ps4 instead of current gen as opposed to coming around a month after the games have launched and all the early adopters already own the titles.

Riggs

Banned
Best Buy finally charged my account for 400 ps4 pre order I put in last month. Maybe this is true.

It went into pending and then vanished days later upon order.

Dartastic

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Oct 21 week we can play killzone, knack and drive club with a few f2p games. That should keep us busy till Oct 29 for bf4 then following week for cod with a few ubi games. And before release therenos Fifa and madden. So plenty to keep is busy

Zaetus

Neo Member
I can't imagine the disappointment if this turned out to be a new Vita model instead.

Why would that be disappointing? A new Vita model = reduced price. Hell, they could even bundle it with launch PS4s for $100 more. You're telling me you wouldn't buy that? November is only a month after. An October release will only make us implode of excitement.

I don't want to die before the PS4 releases.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking Saturday Oct. 26 would be the perfect date for launching the PS4. PS2 13th anniversary. Monday 21 seems like a weird date to launch the console..

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I can't imagine the disappointment if this turned out to be a new Vita model instead.
We'll know well in advance of 10/21 if the date is real or not. We'll probably know @ Gamescom next week. It'll be a matter of weeks, one way or another.

Jedi2016

i would be annoyed by this. cuz i want to sell my ps3 once i get my ps4 but i also want to play beyond two soulds :)
Still some good PS3 games coming out, I'm not getting rid of mine any time soon.

As for the date, doesn't really matter. While I will be picking one up in the first couple months, I highly doubt I'll be getting one at launch unless the hype train gets to ridiculous levels.

I couldn't be more serious, even if I tried. I hated that game to no bitter end.

That's fine, but i think what he meant by comparing KZ:SF to resistance, was to say that it will be the standout 1st party title at launch. And a lot of people will enjoy it

Top Bottom