• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Pokémon X/Y Event Pokémon Leaked (Spoilers)

Cerity

Liking and volcanion and diancie.

Hoopa looks like that spoiled 6 year old girl who lived down the street who followed the idea of GIRL POWER.

Wow, those designs seem more divisive than ever...

IMO, they're fine. Not the best legendaries, but certainly not the worst (yeah DPPt, I'm looking to you)

Diancie works. The theme is solid (pun intended), as is the typing and the overall design. The only problem, is that it doesn't look much like a legend, but more like a regular pokemon, like a carbink evo.

Volcanion has a very cool typing, but the theme is incredibly confusing (I can't figure out what it's supposed to be yet) as is the design...design wise, it feels like something is missing (a tail, for example)

Hoopa's theme and design is nice I guess, but it certainly doesn't look like a ghost/psychic. dark/psychic maybe, but not ghost.

Wow, those designs seem more divisive than ever...

IMO, they're fine. Not the best legendaries, but certainly not the worst (yeah DPPt, I'm looking to you)

Diancie works. The theme is solid (pun intended), as is the typing and the overall design. The only problem, is that it doesn't look much like a legend, but more like a regular pokemon, like a carbink evo.

Volcanion has a very cool typing, but the theme is incredibly confusing (I can't figure out what it's supposed to be yet) as is the design...design wise, it feels like something is missing (a tail, for example)

Hoopa's theme and design is nice I guess, but it certainly doesn't look like a ghost/psychic. dark/psychic maybe, but not ghost.

Your post just highlights my point that we need to see them in motion.

Toxi

Banned
I'm wondering if Diancie is a Carbink evolution. It has the same typing and diamond theme as Carbink, and its bottom half looks like Carbink's body. Maybe the event gives out a Carbink holding the item necessary for evolution.

Also, Diancie looks great. Hoopa is weird but fits in with the base 600 pixies pretty well. Volcanion's design is odd, especially the color choices; it looks almost like a Megaman X boss. I feel like they should have gone with a less angular design. More like the Hoenn weather trio.

Sponge

Banned
Hoopa and Volcanion both looked bad to me at first, but after a few hours they started to grow on me.

Diancie I still don't like, but it's obviously related to Carbink, which I also don't like.

Daingurse

Fuck it, I definitely like Hoopa. Thing does remind me of a Devil Chao, like someone mentioned in OT.

I also like Volcanion and find Diancie . . . acceptable.

Edit: Yesss, the Mega Dream lives on for Mr. Mime and Jynx.

Are you implying.. this is GF's fault?

That they used the same system of hiding secrets within the cartridge that they've used since the Game Boy rather than pushing them through Spotpass, or, horror of horrors, free DLC? Yes, yes I am.

I'm guessing they simply preferred having the Pokemon already programmed in for technical reasons.

The games have already had one patch. There's absolutely no reason why these couldn't have been patched in later other than laziness.

nubbe

What about compatibility issues when battling?

Would people who didn't download one of the new Pokemon be fighting a black shadow or something?

Would be neat and mysterious

HQf4X0U.png

Sandfox

What about compatibility issues when battling?

Would people who didn't download one of the new Pokemon be fighting a black shadow or something?

That actually does make a bit of sense given that people can trade and battle without ever connecting online.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So have we definitely seen all the mega evolutions? Or could there be DLC stones locked away that we don't know about yet?

So have we definitely seen all the mega evolutions? Or could there be DLC stones locked away that we don't know about yet?

We have no idea, and I doubt the hacker could do a similar thing with them since they're based around items. Take Blaziken for example, we never would have seen his Mega had Nintendo not distributed the item. They could do the same thing again.

Sandfox

We have no idea, and I doubt the hacker could do a similar thing with them since they're based around items. Take Blaziken for example, we never would have seen his Mega had Nintendo not distributed the item. They could do the same thing again.

Assuming that Latios and Latias share a mega stone we know that there's only one unaccounted for in X and Y which is more than likely going to be for Jynx.

Forkball

Volcanion and Volcarona sound too similar to me. Open a thesaurus Nintendo!

They look kind of... eh. I prefer it when the legendaries have some sort of common theme.

So what's Mega Jynx gonna look like? A pokemon Michael Jackson?

As an aside, can we get Mega PorygonZ? It should basically be a PorygonZ with more shaders.

The just did Deoxys, it'll probably be a few years before it's released again.
Stance change Deoxys would be a cool concept. I guess it is pretty unlikely. Also the speed forme complicates things.

As an aside, can we get Mega PorygonZ? It should basically be a PorygonZ with more shaders.
That would kill the framerate.
Like most Mega evolutions do; especially when using 3D in otherwise stable areas

Forkball

All three events look amazing.

These aren't a trio, why would they share a common theme?

I never said they were, just that I liked thematic legendaries more.

AZ's Floette would be a pretty cool event Pokemon. I wonder if it would have a special evolution.

I like the Latias form. It doesn't seem to be using a Mega Stone as the Mega Symbol doesn't appear next its name.
How they are poking the memory means it might be a Mega forme but its is hard to tell without a corresponding item. As in the Mega Symbol only appears when you transform into it rather than encounter one straight up.

Top Bottom