• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

d7nuABO.png
The Last Guardian? It feels like I've been waiting this long for it!!

Takao

Banned
I think it almost certainly has to be fairly different from the Souls games simply because I can't see Sony stepping on NAMCO's toes nor do I think From would want to step on their toes or take away from Dark Souls. The shotgun alone would suggest that it's going a different route.

When Sony's busy making Not God Eater I'm not sure you can say things like that anymore.

prwxv3

Assuming this is true, frankly, this is up there among Sony's worst kept secrets.

The Yoshida subtle teases, Demonite practically saying it exist, other insiders chiming in on its existence, etcetc.

And there were still people calling believers idiots and wishing that they would not believe that it could exist.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks exactly like FROM engine technology, grainy/small as the images are. Aggressive ambient occlusions on ground texture layers, fabric texture layer folds simulating physics, the motion blur, lighting engine, camera perspective, etc.

As legit as leaks come.

Grief.exe

As a PC player...

FUCK!

That is all.

Why? From has sold a lot of copies of Dark Souls and Dark Souls II on the PC platform. The latter of which is the biggest launch we have seen in the last year, reaching almost 100K Concurrent players.

Is there a reason any reason not to expect this on PC that I am missing? I am aware of the Sony rumors with Miyazaki's project, but those are merely rumors.

EDIT:

I was not aware that Japan Studio was affiliated with Sony or that the leaker reported the trailer began with that logo.

I was merely curious as to why people thought this wouldn't come to XBO/PC as well, I was properly educated quite quickly.

Raide

If this ends up not being Demon's Souls 2, are From really going to spin-off the spin-off already? Everything will be Dark Souls if they do and that could ultimately take the shine off what makes the series so awesome.

Sorral

Someone really dedicated to trolling the entire internets, i.e. - someone over at 4chan.

Nirolak's post says it a lot better than mine.

I get what you're saying about crazy dedicated people out there, but this ooks really hard to fake. If I might add, DemonNite's posts are another sign that this is real.

I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but man...

Insaniac

looks cool, the only explanation to these possibly being fake is if they were unreleased dark souls 2 concept/WiP stuff. The photos are extremely blurry so it's hard to determine what level the graphics are on

Why? From has sold a lot of copies of Dark Souls and Dark Souls II on the PC platform. The latter of which is the biggest launch we have seen in the last year, reaching almost 100K Concurrent players.

Is there a reason any reason not to expect this on PC that I am missing? I am aware of the Sony rumors with Miyazaki's project, but those are merely rumors.
Sony studious Japan won't work on a PC game. PS4 needs exclusives, this won't be a PC title.

Takao

Banned

The Japan Studio in the title refers to Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom