• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption HD on its way to PS4, X1, and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Haha what? qAmazing. Read along as you play.

They do this for a lot of games in this country. Korea is kind of stuck between regions a lot of the time. Very close proximity to Japan, but most people have (relatively) more knowledge of English. I played through a couple of Japanese Yakuza games with my wife following along with the Korean story translation booklet and translating it into English. Thankfully Korea is finally starting to get its own localizations.

Chris1

Nah a remastered RDR would sell like fire even at $60 and likely help a new Red Dead too since if the new game takes place before or features a region from RDR like the leaked map suggests then a remaster would be essential for PS4 and PC players.

I mean RDR has sold around what, 12 million copies to date where the only other game in the Red Dead series was a linear shooter that wasn't that big a hit but now thanks to RDR the audience for the series has only grown. I mean I'm hoping the news isn't a remaster but new Red Dead, however I can see why a remaster could also happen and....I'd likely grab a copy too. lol

It'll sell well but it's still a remaster of an old game, it's not gonna sell huge amounts and not at full price.

Even if it sells 3m copies, it's still gonna make less money than RDR Online if GTA Online is anything to go by. If they delay RDR3 a year for the remaster, assuming it makes around the same amount as GTA Online they will be losing out on $200m on microtransactions alone. 3m*60 is $180m and that's including retailer cuts and what not.

And I'm sure RDR online is gonna make even more money than GTA online does as they will hopefully have fixed loading time issues and have more experience with it now.

As for if it'll help the new red dead sell, honestly I think GTA V already done that lol, I don't think a RDR Remaster will help that much if at all.

Both will sell a lot and individually, both will make more money than just releasing RDR2(3), that's true, but only when you don't take into accounts delayed caused by the remaster which equals a money loss. Most studios source their ports out for a reason because then it is just extra money, but Rockstar doesn't seem keen on doing that.

I know better than to give this game another chance. It's too much like a game of that engine.

I think of Red Dead the same way I do Bioshock 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. Just filler to keep desperate fans begging until the real game comes out again.

SOR5

Pass on a possible filet minion to express your love for a maggot ridden moldy slab of off temperature meat you found in your underwear? Wow. Clean yourself up dude.

It's not as exciting as a remaster releases on all platforms, but it's far from a maggot ridden slab, it's the best way to play RDR so far.

I'd still rather have an PS4/XB1/PC remaster but the XB1 BC is very good

GRaider81

Day 1 on PC!

Also I'm pretty sure R* is good enough, bad enough, ugly enough and certainly rich enough to remaster this and also work on a sequel.

Hardly "wasted" resources when both would sell gangbusters

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Skyrims coming with mods it's not quite the same. It's also newer than RDR, but still old so probably wouldn't matter. I don't know about US but it's already been available here for months for £34 when new games are usually £40 ish.

Well not on PS4, not anytime soon anyway.

Simo

2 days...gimmie dat GI reveal tomorrow.

I know better than to give his game another chance. It's too much like a game of that engine.

I think of Red Dead the same way I do Bioshock 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. Just filler to keep desperate fans begging until the real game comes out again.

Sounds like you're missing the best games over the "real game" or whoever "he" is. lol

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Played it on x360 and xb1 but would buy on PC in a heartbeat.

I know PC is never happening :(

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Would love this to come to PC. Never got around to it last gen, and sold my Xbox One when I finally got a gaming PC.

I know better than to give his game another chance. It's too much like a game of that engine.

Fallout: New Vegas and BioShock 2 are not real games? Wat? ._.

Lister

Banned
Oh man, can you imagine... Read Dead, finally on PC, 60 FPS, 21:9, AF above 2x, oh man, day zero for me.

GlamFM

Banned
Rumor is just as true as this random blogs headline:

S2a37i1.png

AKA bullshit.

I know better than to give this game another chance. It's too much like a game of that engine.

It plays fine on BC and I'm sick of HD remakes so I think I'll pass.

This thread is really bringing out the crazies, console wars are just insane.

Hip Hop

Sticking to playing last gen version on one of the greatest games ever made lool
People these days.

A lot of "remasters" deserve not to be played on the new machines, but this game is an exception. Especially if it would be reworked and it came to the PC.

Anyways, as much as I would enjoy this too, I really hope we see a sequel soon.

And I'm not really trusting this source to begin with, although it would be nice.

mieumieu

I refuse to believe that "messed up code" will stop Rockstar from releasing RDR on next gen consoles and PC. Even if they have to program the game from start in a new engine it still would be a more than worthwhile investment.

i refuse to believe the codebase would be as fuvked up as say FFX or Silent Hill.

This is cool and I'd buy RDR in a heartbeat as one of the best games I've ever played.
The caveat is that it means an RDR sequel is miles off :(

Hesh

Nah, I don't believe this for a second. The amount of money it would cost to rework that entire game for PC and PS4/XB1 architecture would be better suited to use towards the development of RD3. They could charge $60 for it and even charge extra for the "remastered" Undead Nightmare and it still wouldn't make enough money to make the whole arduous endeavor and sacrifice to RD3 dev resources worth it. RDR on XB1 via BC is as good as it's going to get for RDR; it's time to move on from 60 FPS w/ 4K texture mods PC pipe dreams.

Regginator

PC version? Awesome news if true. In fact, I'd rather have RDR now on PC than a Red Dead 3 that's most likely going to be console exclusive for a while (see GTA V).

Unprecedented for R*.

there´s no way this is happening.

So just because its never been done by R* before it cant happen?
And when did R* ever remaster a successful game for a new generation of systems? And yet we got GTAV on PS4 and XB1

You seem pretty adamant on this not happening.

whiteape

I still have a PS3, and also have RDR on disk, but never played it. I would love to play it but can't get used to the slow and sluggish PS3 anymore. Also the DS3 feels so strange now.

Badoink

Banned
Can't wait to gather flowers on PC.

Also, I could swear Game Focus was banned on GAF. All told, it's as reliable as the rumors about Eva Mendes in GTA 6.

JP

I'd be very happy with this, loved the PS4 version of GTA V so I'd imagine that this is going to be similar to that. Hopefully both games will end up with additional improvements on the Neo also.

EDIT:
For people unsure of the improvements, the desert scenes should match up pretty well with the landscapes in a Red Dead Redemption re-release. Grand Theft Auto V: PS3 to PS4 Comparison (YouTube)

lupinko

Neat, I never played it when it came out because I had heard that the PS3 version was garbage.

Same with Bayonetta.

The PS3 version wasn't optimal but it was definitely better than PS3 Bayonetta which was completely ass, regardless of what anyone says.

Source: me, I own Bayo on 360 and WiiU and I used to own the PS3 version which I sold off to Bookoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom