• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption HD on its way to PS4, X1, and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

If this is true then I'm not sure I understand why they would make it backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

That's like Activision making COD4 backwards compatible on the Xbox One with the imminent release of the remaster.

While many people on NeoGaf will likely shoot me down and say the remaster would still sell the same amount of copies, I personally think making it backwards compatible would effect the sales in some way.

edit: Unless Rockstar want NeoGaf to have a meltdown and they only release the remaster on the PS4 and PC and released the backwards compatible version so Xbox owners would have a version to play lol.

Parsnip

I'll buy it.

It feels like there has been so many rumors about this already that its forcing itself into existence.

horkrux

If this is true then I'm not sure I understand why they would make it backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

My guess would be to foster the hype a bit in advance and then reap it with a remaster.

Or maybe they just wanted to be nice.

SomTervo

Here's a crosspost from the 'will it ever come to PC' thread:

I know people who work at North and on Friday they told me they were working on something exciting that is a preexisting IP. They said to look out for news in the next two weeks.

I don't think RDRR is likely but fingers crossed. We'll be hearing from R* North soon either way.

And I just had confirmation it's not GTA Online either.

If anyone wants to check my source just PM me.

RoKKeR

I actually don't want this. The game holds up incredibly well via BC on the One, and at this point I just want what's next.

Fractal

Banned
I'd gladly revisit it if a PC version came out, the PS3 version I played back in the day wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. That said, not getting my hopes up unless we get an official word.

OCD Guy

My guess would be to foster the hype a bit in advance and then reap it with a remaster.

Or maybe they just wanted to be nice.

It just doesn't make business sense. Rather than garnering hype it just gives potential buyers a reason to not bother and stick with the BC version.

I don't doubt that there would be people who would still purchase it, look at how many people bought copies of GTA V, but I still think deep down if the remaster was happening they would not have added it to the BC list on Xbox One.

xviper

if there is RDR 3 with it then that's fine, but if there is no RDR 3 and only RDR 2 remaster then we need to Riot, companies this generation make profit out of remasters and never give us new games

Here's a crosspost from the 'will it ever come to PC' thread:

And I just had confirmation it's not GTA Online either.

If anyone wants to check my source just PM me.

Hmm interesting then.
I would hope R* North employees saying they are working on something exciting would allude to more than a remaster but in two weeks I guess we'll know.

GlamFM

Banned
hd resolution port of ancien R* game unprecedented ....
images

to be informative : bully ,gta san andreas, gta 5
if you count mobile one : gta 3, vice city

These are not remasters.

These are ports. Same thing for GTA V on current gen.

So just because its never been done by R* before it cant happen?
And when did R* ever remaster a successful game for a new generation of systems? And yet we got GTAV on PS4 and XB1

You seem pretty adamant on this not happening.

Again - not a Remaster.

The assets were there from the PC version. It´s a port.

Fractal

Banned
It just doesn't make business sense. Rather than garnering hype it just gives potential buyers a reason to not bother and stick with the BC version.

I don't doubt that there would be people who would still purchase it, look at how many people bought copies of GTA V, but I still think deep down if the remaster was happening they would not have added it to the BC list on Xbox One.
X1 is just a single system, and it's lagging behind the PS4 in sales. Even if most X1 owners decided to stick with the BC version, there is still the PS4, and especially the PC crowd to sell the game to.

Don't think this "business sense" argument is solid enough to discount the possibility of a remaster... but like I said, not getting my hopes up until an official confirmation.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Not really getting my hopes up on this one. Been fooled too many times.

I can't believe this game is still not on the new gen/PC. One of the best games ever rotting on the old consoles. What a waste.

SomTervo

OléGunner;215935398 said:
Hmm interesting then.
I would hope R* North employees saying they are working on something exciting would allude to more than a remaster but in two weeks I guess we'll know.

Yeah I feel pretty confident it's not a remaster. The person's tone and emphasis on 'exciting' suggested it is a new title under a pre-existing IP.

horkrux

Just like you said: People double-dipped on GTA5, and if the remaster was still a long way off, it would definitely make sense from a business standpoint. Xbone is also far from having the biggest share of players, so the vast majority of them was left out.

Deep down I also doubt this, but I wouldn't rule it out :)

Mendrox

Eh? Fuck BC, give me the real thing in even better.

Wasn't RDR such a clusterfuck to program? I cannot see it to be honest.

Bandit1

Maybe it's a remake using the same engine as the inevitable sequel.

This is what I've been secretly pulling for. Take the new engine with all the new animations and details and textures for the animals, foliage, water, etc from RDR3 and put into a Redemption remaster. I really don't know how this stuff works, so that probably isn't realistic. Anyway I'd take any Red Dead Redemption remaster I could get.

martino

These are not remasters.

These are ports. Same thing for GTA V on current gen.

Again - not a Remaster.

The assets were there from the PC version. It´s a port.

ok but original source says ? because title say hd and op remaster....which one is it?

Based on a random Korean blog that claims to be the "Global No. 1 Game Media"...

Yeah its crazy. But let us not forget that some guy learned of Assassins creed unity from some guy on a plane, and that the PS3 slim was leaked on some foreign message board, and the ps4 slim was posted on twitter, and that some random guy on here told us about the NEO

fffffffuuuu

Ok I need this I don't even care that I know it's probably false.

Nah, it's pretty weird. Why would they make it BC on X1 if they planned on selling an HD version? Why would they cut into their own sales?
I think it was an attempt to make a big deal about this game coming back to make money off the BC version and then make money off the same people and more with an HD version that has a lot of inticing new features.

Bandit1

I think it was an attempt to make a big deal about this game coming back to make money off the BC version and then make money off the same people and more with an HD version that has a lot of inticing new features.

Yeah I remember the physical 360 copies of RDR shot up the charts on Amazon when BC was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom