• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 7 DLCs "Not a Hero" + "End of Zoe" out 12/14, RE7 Gold Edition

Jawmuncher

So Dusk was right on the money about both being delayed and coming out around the same time. Also the Gold Edition is coming out soon as hell. Capcom really wants to hit that 2 million more copies for RE7. This is effectively the best way for them to do that. Though missing Black Friday might hurt them a bit.

Kazuhira

The Gold Edition was announced in the new issue of Weekly Famitsu so i guess it's confirmed by now.
Source:Gematsu

The Gold edition will include:
-Banned Footage Volume 1&2 from the season pass.
-'Not A Hero' free dlc.
-New story add-on called 'End of Zoe'.

Both 'Not a Hero' and 'End of Zoe' DLCs will release on December 14th separately from the Gold Edition but EoZ is not free.
There's no mention of Banned Footage Volume 3 but i assume if you bought the Gold Edition you can dowload it for free when it becomes available.

Jawmuncher

Christ i wonder what went wrong with this episode?

At this point it had to be more than just fixing some issues like undestroyable turrents. I'm starting to think they probably took feedback with the whole "Chris Face & Hunk Theory" to an extent. Whether that was rewriting & expanding some of the events or editing his face somewhat who knows.

Kinda crazy that we're effectively waiting for the true ending of RE7 until Dec.

Jawmuncher

End of Zoe if Dusk is still correct should be in a new location. So I'm guessing

Ethan leaves with Mia. So she gets into the SUV that is surprisingly absent from the fight with Jack (it's probably sitting outside the garage) and drives off somewhere and then her DLC starts. With this being handled by the PT guy or at least was at one point. I expect that hallucinations from lack of a cure will play a part. With all the shit going on with Eveline by the end it's probably affecting ZoE in some way too. Though she might not die. It's been pointed out how only jack and Mia are in that weird hive mind thing.

KDC720

Zoe got shafted pretty bad in the main game no matter what choice you made so I'm glad she at least gets her own DLC.

Never had the highest expectations for Not a Hero because it is free, but the delay is a good sign it might be meatier than I intially thought, and I hope it clears up some lingering story questions.

Yes. I was wondering what was going on with this DLC. I'll definitely be playing it day-1. Still the best reason to have a PSVR. Now, if they'd only include a Mercenaries mode with Aim controller support...

Jawmuncher

Starting to feel better about RE2make or the unannounced title being at TGS. They wouldn't have announced this in Fanutsu if it was to be their big RE news at Sony.

Aggelos

So Dusk was right on the money about both being delayed and coming out around the same time. Also the Gold Edition is coming out soon as hell. Capcom really wants to hit that 2 million more copies for RE7. This is effectively the best way for them to do that.

Gold Edition may come in January (a year after the initial release). So is it soon as hell for an upgrade (in the vein of BH5 Alternative Edition, BH Revelations Unveiled Edition, BH1 Director's Cut)?

Imagine if it was accompanied by a BH2Remake downloadable demo code.... How would that be? If sth like that is to happen, they might hit that 2 million "more copies to go" mark.

From the Steam Page,

ABOUT THIS CONTENT

Purchase the Resident Evil 7 biohazard Season Pass and get access to the following additional content as it is made available. All Season Pass content will be available by December 31, 2017.

Banned Footage Vol. 1
- Nightmare
- Bedroom
- Ethan Must Die

Banned Footage Vol. 2
- Daughters
- Jack's 55th Birthday

Additional Story Episode

Since Not A Hero was announced early on as free to everyone, it should mean End of Zoe.

9 story elements locked behind a paywall.

This is why I am no longer a hardcore fan of Resident Evil, thanks to Capcom.

Capcom could be real cunts and make the RE2Make demo an exclusive voucher inside this couldn't they
Yet that would be quite the move from their part, they will be able to sell the Gold Edition real quick and boost RE7 sales in general.
Though I'd like it, but I am with anything that would help RE7 be the success it deserves.
Starting to feel better about RE2make or the unannounced title being at TGS. They wouldn't have announced this in Fanutsu if it was to be their big RE news at Sony.
They are showing something at TGS ?

Roubjon

I rented RE7 when it was released and never finished it. I really enjoyed it though, so I'll definitely buy the Gold Edition.

AHA-Lambda

If this is indeed December then I'm afraid it screams of shoving it out the door, so that they fulfil the obligation of the season pass delivering all content within 2017.

ffvorax

9 story elements locked behind a paywall.

This is why I am no longer a hardcore fan of Resident Evil, thanks to Capcom.

You know that less than half of these DLCs are actually "story" wise?

DLC are a thing nowadays, just don't buy them... as I usually do. Most of the time DLC are actually not worth the money anyway.

My only exception for now is Witcher 3 Expansions. And Lost Legacy, but all of these are actually like stand-alone games themselves...

Jawmuncher

Gold Edition may come in January (a year after the initial release). So is it soon as hell for an upgrade (in the vein of BH5 Alternative Edition, BH Revelations Unveiled Edition, BH1 Director's Cut)?

Imagine if it was accompanied by a BH2Remake downloadable demo code.... How would that be? If sth like that is to happen, they might hit that 2 million "more copies to go" mark.

That'd definitely get them some sales

Yet that would be quite the move from their part, they will be able to sell the Gold Edition real quick and boost RE7 sales in general.
Though I'd like it, but I am with anything that would help RE7 be the success it deserves.

They are showing something at TGS ?

Nothing official but they've kept saying stuff along the lines of "we'll have news soon. So it either that or PSX"

Alienous

If this is indeed December then I'm afraid it screams of shoving it out the door, so that they fulfil the obligation of the season pass delivering all content within 2017.

I thought about that, but shoving it out of the door would have been releasing 'Not a Hero' on its initial release date.

I'm expecting that the 'End of Zoe' DLC progressed as expected, which would have had it release before 2018. The 'Not a Hero' DLC, will have seen ~6 months worth of additional development, and has no financial obligation to release this year (people didn't pay for it), so I doubt they're rushing it out.

Capcom has mishandled most of RE7. This has taken way too long but I am happy to have it. Still I'm more excited for any REmake2 news.

They were upset about the sales of the game, maybe if you had released the free DLC when it should have been released, it would have promoted sales

BadWolf

Might check these out on YT I guess, sold the game really quick after finishing it.

The 'Not a Hero' DLC, will have seen ~6 months worth of additional development, and has no financial obligation to release this year (people didn't pay for it), so I doubt they're rushing it out.

I'd say there's plenty of obligation when the main game is as bare bones as RE7 is.

Jawmuncher

There is a new render for not a hero out there. But it's small as hell. Was tweeted to me and is from Famitsu website as a preview

DI9qXsDW4AAqYgt

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201709/05140841.html

Awesome. Zoe deserves more.

I hope it carries on after the decision to save her instead. Her "dying"
immediately after pissed me off.

Yeah I wonder what choice this is meant to follow...

Also does this take place after or before the end of the game? If after, since Evie is dead there should be no enemy combatants any more

Capcom has mishandled most of RE7. This has taken way too long but I am happy to have it. Still I'm more excited for any REmake2 news.

At least the game itself came out relative quickly from its announcement!

GavinUK86

I never understood the choice the game gave you.
Mia or Zoe. Mia obviously. Why would he go all that way to leave Mia when he finds her? And with Zoe dying almost instantly if you choose her just reinforces how weird that choice is
. Interested to see what they do with her in this DLC. The other being free is nice too.

Spinky

I couldn't believe we were getting free story DLC from Capcom in the first place.

After basically a year of waiting, shiiiieeeet, this better be good.

Expectations are much higher now, to be honest.

oldmario

for those who have everything up til now installed how big is the install? i put my trust in capcom to put everything on disc for the gold edition but if it's a size issue then it could be relegated to a dlc voucher

ItIsOkBro

i honestly don't think they had a plan and it took this long simply because they had to come up with something for a dude named redfield showing up in an umbrella chopper named 'not a hero'

ffvorax

Mia or Zoe. Mia obviously. Why would he go all that way to leave Mia when he finds her? And with Zoe dying almost instantly if you choose her just reinforces how weird that choice is
. Interested to see what they do with her in this DLC. The other being free is nice too.
I actually chose Zoe... Mia was fucking dungerous and Zoe could know how to escape really that hell...
:p

FaintDeftone

I sold my copy recently because I was tired of waiting for this DLC. Looks like I'll have to snag another copy later on down the road.

BadWolf

One of the dumbest uses of choice in a game.

Completely pointless.

Wasn't VR mode PS exclusive for a year? So Gold PC version might have that if it's not patched into the original.

Top Bottom