• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 7 DLCs "Not a Hero" + "End of Zoe" out 12/14, RE7 Gold Edition

carlsojo

I never understood the choice the game gave you.
Mia or Zoe. Mia obviously. Why would he go all that way to leave Mia when he finds her? And with Zoe dying almost instantly if you choose her just reinforces how weird that choice is
. Interested to see what they do with her in this DLC. The other being free is nice too.

I chose
Mia because it seemed like the right thing to do, but in my heart I wanted to pick Zoe because she was the more sympathetic character. Also she was fine as hell.

One of the dumbest uses of choice in a game.

Completely pointless.

Certainly seemed tacked on to me.

CAPCOM Exec: All big games now have player choices! It's HUGE in the West! What have you come up with for RE7?
Nakanishi: Err... well... we have this pretty specific plot and don't really have...
CAPCOM Exec: JUST DO IT BY THE END OF THE WEEK! A MAJOR CHOICE!
Nakanishi: ................................

Jawmuncher

Certainly seemed tacked on to me.

CAPCOM Exec: All big games now have player choices! It's HUGE in the West! What have you come up with for RE7?
Nakanishi: Err... well... we have this pretty specific plot and don't really have...
CAPCOM Exec: JUST DO IT BY THE END OF THE WEEK! A MAJOR CHOICE!
Nakanishi: ................................
Yeah the choice was easily one of the weakest aspects since it amounts to jack all and if anything just sets you up for a slightly different bad end (which imo is better than the canon ending)

BiggNife

I hope Not a Hero is actually substantial. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced.

RE7 was a pretty fun thing. I look forward to coming back to it.

Capcom could be real cunts and make the RE2Make demo an exclusive voucher inside this couldn't they

I remember buying Resident Evil: Director's Cut for the 'exclusive' RE2 Playable demo. :{

As much as I loved RE7, I don't think I'd buy Gold for a playable RE2make demo.

Jawmuncher

If they wanted to do the whole "demo for Gold Edition" I think the best course would be to tie the demo to the season pass for original owners. Since anyone who bought the deluxe digitally has Gold technically

I hope Not a Hero is actually substantial. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced.

RE7 was a pretty fun thing. I look forward to coming back to it.

It should be for a free DLC. We know it's effectively the true ending to the game with new enemies and mechanics.

Who here bought Zone of the enders to play MGS2?

*raises hand*

Also bought:

-Tobal #1 for the FFVII Demo (both the Import Japanese version and the US version)
-Brave Fencer Musashi for the FFVIII Demo
-Shadow of Destiny for the hope of just a video preview of Silent Hill 2 (eventually found out it was on the Japanese version, not the US version, of course after I bought it - doh! Fortunately it was still a great game.)
-Most recent one was FF Type 0 for the FFXV Demo.

I was a sucker. :p

It should be for a free DLC. We know it's effectively the true ending to the game with new enemies and mechanics.

It probably means more assault rifles and grenades, which was surely everyone's favorite part of the main game lol

Hope it has new areas, as much as I love the house, across several dlcs its beginning to wear thin

There is
the factory buildings you can see in the distance before you enter the mine

Jawmuncher

It probably means more assault rifles and grenades, which was surely everyone's favorite part of the main game lol

Hope it has new areas, as much as I love the house, across several dlcs its beginning to wear thin

There is
the factory buildings you can see in the distance before you enter the mine

Punching is apparently in so hopefully chris can rip and tear

Kazuhira

I chose
Mia because it seemed like the right thing to do, but in my heart I wanted to pick Zoe because she was the more sympathetic character. Also she was fine as hell.

*High fives*.
I end up choosing Mia because i didn't want Zoe to die,that's the only reason haha.

You know that less than half of these DLCs are actually "story" wise?

DLC are a thing nowadays, just don't buy them... as I usually do. Most of the time DLC are actually not worth the money anyway.

My only exception for now is Witcher 3 Expansions. And Lost Legacy, but all of these are actually like stand-alone games themselves...

I don't buy them. That doesn't mean that I can't be frustrated by them.

Alienous

I chose

I saw it differently.
Zoe felt like the choice to make. It was the heroic sacrifice - choosing the person to whom you'd promised the antidote, who helped you through the game, over your cagey girlfriend

Then the game spits in your face for trying to be a hero.

Jawmuncher

I saw it differently.
Zoe felt like the choice to make. It was the heroic sacrifice - choosing the person to whom you'd promised the antidote, who helped you through the game, over your cagey girlfriend

Then the game spits in your face for trying to be a hero.

With how little development there is up to that point. It was damned if you do damned if you don't.

I agree with everyone who says the choice is stupid.
Of course Ethan would pick his wife. Why give us a choice?

But even so, on my first play through
I picked Zoe. Mia had been nothing but trouble for me as the player, and Zoe had been nothing but helpful. Zoe FTW

Also I enjoy the
Mia boss fight that happens later if you pick Zoe

strafer

NaHScreen3.jpg

Spinky

There are screenshots of Not a Hero with mooooooore Molded.

Mooooooooore freaking Molded.

Have had enough of these guys for one game.

Anung

Un Rama
Hopefully one of these DLC will deal with Lucas.

Also more enemy variety. The main game's fodder enemy types sucked.

If Capcom's enhancements on Xbox One X are good (substantially better than PS4 Pro), I might buy Gold Edition on Xbox One and play through it again. Just hoping for a 59.99USD retail price on it (47.99 with Best Buy GCU!), and all DLC on-disc.

Otherwise, I'm covered... I got Deluxe Edition for PS4 Pro which came with the season pass bundled in. Would need serious upgrades over PS4 Pro for me to consider, even though RE7 is still one of my favorite games in 2017 -- definitely still hanging in top 10, at least.

Astral Dog

Capcom has mishandled most of RE7. This has taken way too long but I am happy to have it. Still I'm more excited for any REmake2 news.
?

I think they did a pretty good considering its the first person horror game in the series.unless you are talking sales only.

I heard DLC was delayed for quality reasons (was outsourced at first)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
?

I think they did a pretty good considering its the first person horror game in the series.unless you are talking sales only.

I heard DLC was delayed for quality reasons (was outsourced at first)
The DLC is supposed to be the true ending
With the way the game was and the way it ended
The DLC should have been in the bag but instead its being thrown around while they work out how
This ties to Resident Evil so they aren't screwed when it comes to RE8, quality reasons is a joke they just put themselves in a corner that's awkward to get out of, sounds like they got something now but I wouldn't hope for something major, it'll probably be very short.

Looks like they'll have a foundation for RE8 if they go back to first person gameplay with a slightly more action slant looking at the Chris gameplay shots.

The "air clear" meter on the UI is an ominous sign.

If the DLC is just shooting more molded a cave with a time limit based on the air quality, then that's the least interesting direction they could have gone.

Top Bottom