• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PS4 on October 11th

Shin-chan

Hmm I can see arguing for a higher price point if you think a game is worth it (you see it a lot on sale threads "totally worth it at full price" etc).

The problem with Rise of the Tomb Raider is its bad and wasn't worth the £25 I paid for it on PC.

Harlequin

Every trailer I see for it revealed is the Microsoft Press Conference trailer in 2014. It wasn't announced as timed exclusive yet, but I don't see anything for PS4

I heard someone talk about it recently (and I'm pretty sure I remember a PS4 logo myself). It may not have been in the version of the trailer revealed at the conference but only in the version of the trailer uploaded to YouTube or some such thing. Or maybe, if my memory is very off, it may have been on the game's website rather than in the game's trailer but yeah, I'm pretty sure that there was a PS4 logo somewhere. Of course, though memory is a funny thing so I may be completely wrong even though I'm pretty sure.

icespide

Banned
I heard someone talk about it recently (and I'm pretty sure I remember a PS4 logo myself). It may not have been in the version of the trailer revealed at the conference but only in the version of the trailer uploaded to YouTube or some such thing. Or maybe, if my memory is very off, it may have been on the game's website rather than in the game's trailer but yeah, I'm pretty sure that there was a PS4 logo somewhere. Of course, though memory is a funny thing so I may be completely wrong even though I'm pretty sure.

thanks for clearing it up

ROTR is already a commercial failure(compared to TR2013) so what SE should do if they were smart is price it cheap to get in the hands of as many PS4 owners as possible. And also strongly consider making it a PS4 Plus game in the future. They can't do much to salvage this game, but the bigger problem is how many PS owners are gonna buy the third game if they didn't play the second one? Not many I would imagine. Even more disturbing should be fact that it seems to have sold worse on PC as well despite only being delayed a couple of months. So the two biggest platforms for the game are down from the last game and Xbox sales definitely didn't pick up the slack the losses on those platforms.

I completely disagree.

It failed precisely at balancing the bloat of exploration, pointless side quests, and dozens of distractions -- all while losing the snappy combat of the previous version.

It's a decent game, but its mechanics are completely out of whack IMO.

I thought the gameplay was a lot of fun and when the story picked up the game did a good job of steering you to keep the pace moving. I guess maybe because I didn't care for any of the side quests.
My issue with the game are it's overly self serious writing and voice acting and not enough variety in environments.

8bit

Knows the Score
CnuseiGWAAA2vNg.jpg

Hahahaha

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-will-include-a-psvr-chapter-when-it-launches

Top Bottom