• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

3rd party only makes up less than a a fourth of the roster though. I mean I think Superbot is doing a pretty good job filling in the remaining 17 slots with Sony' first party characters
Five guest characters seem like a lot to me, and there is probably more coming judging by the rumors.

And it seems like they aren't really that concerned with choosing guest characters that really represent Sony. Just characters that are pretty popular/mainstream.

But I'm not really a fan of guest characters to begin with, so I might have a skewed view of things. I just feel like this is becoming a bit of a cash in.

libregkd

Five guest characters seem like a lot to me, and there is probably more coming judging by the rumors.

And it seems like they aren't really that concerned with choosing guest characters that really represent Sony. Just characters that are pretty popular/mainstream.

But I'm not really a fan of guest characters to begin with, so I might have a skewed view of things. I just feel like this is becoming a bit of a cash in.
Outside of Ryu and Big Daddy, I feel that all the other 3rd party characters have a good history with Playstation despite the game sporting the newest incarnation of those characters (Always room for alt costumes :lol)

Though I suppose its the fact that I think SuperBot nailed it with 1st party characters(Outside the fact there is no Wander so far) that I'm willing to be a little lenient on including characters like Ryu/Big Daddy.

u7HIS.jpg

We just need her maid outfit if she's in and I'm set.

EDIT: oh shit or the spy outfit

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
He didn't know who Jen Tate, Rynn, and Ellen were. Tbh I don't know who Rynn or Ellen are either :p

They were saying they didn't know who Jen Tate, Rynn and Ellen are, not Ryu. Can't say I blame them.

I only really knew who Ellen was until very recently, and not many people played Folklore.

Ah, I misunderstood then. I have no idea who Rynn and Ellen are, but Jen Tate was in Primal, wasn't she?

As for Folklore, after playing the demo I have no problem understanding why not a lot of people played it :p

Takao

Banned
If Ryu is announced at TGS there's probably going to either be a new Ninja Gaiden on Sony hardware, or exclusive stuff in DOA5.

KevinCow

Banned
If it's true:

Kratos vs. Dante vs. Ryu

Come on. You know that's pretty cool.

"But it's not the right Dante, and Ryu isn't a Playstation mascot, and God of War is stupid!"

Shut up.

Kratos vs. Dante vs. Ryu

Why does every character have to be a Sony 'mascot'?

Playstation All-Stars just means nifty characters that have appeared on Playstation platforms.

Ryu and Kat are great choices.

Noi

And it'll be yet another version of Ryu that plays better than his NG3 incarnation.

Kat. <3

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
They're just letting anyone in. Next week it's going to be John Madden and the Medal of Honor dude with the the beard.

Fuck that, I want the newsstand and the shipping crate from Need for Speed II (for those that haven't played NFS II: via cheats you could race as a newsstand, a shipping crate and a T-Rex statue)

I'm Still pissed that this game chose to copy SSBM than become a more traditional fight.

Id be 20x more interested if it was similar to say Mortal Kombat in terms of gameplay.

DR2K

Banned
Oh god I hate DLC characters they better be on the disc and available day 1. Althought they still haven't convinced me it'll be anything but a party game.

J-Tier

I'm Still pissed that this game chose to copy SSBM than become a more traditional fight.

Id be 20x more interested if it was similar to say Mortal Kombat in terms of gameplay.

Nope, I wanted a Sony "Smash Bros". I've had enough traditional fighters.

kuroshiki

The more characters, the better it is. I don't understand the complain about 'bububu 3rd party'.

Now the problem is whether or not those characters are good roster or not. Kat is a sound choice. (maid costume better be there)

Now one more female character reveal and I'm set.

Top Bottom