• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

Five guest characters seem like a lot to me, and there is probably more coming judging by the rumors.

And it seems like they aren't really that concerned with choosing guest characters that really represent Sony. Just characters that are pretty popular/mainstream.

But I'm not really a fan of guest characters to begin with, so I might have a skewed view of things. I just feel like this is becoming a bit of a cash in.
They aren't choosing characters based on GAFs stupid notions that the character has to be exclusive to some extent or avoiding ones that have been time exclusive to another console at some point in time. They are choosing great characters that have appeared on Playstation, that is it.

BasilZero

Hope its true but not in the form of DLCs....

Also dont mind Ryu being in it, the game is called Playstation All Stars...not Sony All Stars.

Astral

Dammit GAF. First a LTTP thread and now all this Ellen talk. Stop making me feel bad for not playing Folklore!

They should just rename this action game all-stars and be done with it.

All you really need is bayo now and you've covered every significant release.

And ryu is a stupid inclusion for the simple fact that the majority of his appearances on PlayStation have been ports of Xbox titles.

Every other character has at least had some form of PlayStation exclusive history.

kuroshiki

They should just rename this action game all-stars and be done with it.

All you really need is bayo now and you've covered every significant release.

This game wants to get T rating.

So in that case we need Selvaria. Seriously if she's in I'll double dip.

Not sure how to check that honestly, all I know was it sold fairly well, or so they say.

Well, then I'm going to assume it didn't sell well enough to ensure sequel.

Kat would be a nice addition due to the lack of women in the game.

Ryu is just another spot that makes Sony's claim that this game is a 'celebration of the playstation brand' a huge farce.

Card Boy

Banned
Before he set foot on Xbox, Ryu was in Dead or Alive on the original Playstation.

Ninja_Gaiden_%28NES%29.jpg

Ninja_Gaiden_arcade_flyer.png

Takao

Banned
Fat Princess sold better.

I wouldn't be surprised if Folklore outgrossed it though, lol. The game didn't sell huge numbers which is why SCE turned down the Move sequel, but there are worse sellers.

Yeah? And?

Black was a rerelease, just like Sigma

Regardless the only thing that matters is Ryu is a great character, he has appeared on Playstation multiple times. He qualifies.

Black was a re-imaging. Sigma is a modified port of Black.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought Black was the original release of Itagaki's take on Ninja Gaiden.

def sim

Before he set foot on Xbox, Ryu was in Dead or Alive on the original Playstation.

ryu is more associated with xbox nowadays because of ninja gaiden and itagaki's fascination with microsoft. no need to force a reason

If these two are included, well, it's nice to see Sony support their newer IP's by including Kat. With Ryu in, DMC vs NG can finally happen.

Still holding out hope that Lightning is in. If she is, I'm totally set for this game. I have other dream characters too, but they're impossibilities, so I'd be satisfied with just Lightning.

kuroshiki

Still holding out hope that Lightning is in. If she is, I'm totally set for this game. I have other dream characters too, but they're impossibilities, so I'd be satisfied with just Lightning.

Given square enix just want to push lightning EVERYWHERE, I don't see why not. She has high chance of being in than any of my dream casts. =P

But what would you do if they put
megaman
in it?

yurinka

I forgot Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black were PS2 exclusives.
They released it for PS3 as NG Sigma with extra stuff, then NG2 was multiplatform and NG3 had Move support.

They released several DOA games in Playstation consoles.

Then they started the NG IP in NES and arcade.

Hayabusa appears in some of the most popular PS brawlers (well, and fighters). It's a fighting game to celebrate the PS history, so I don't see the problem here.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I still have no idea why fat princess is in while ellen from folklore is out. does not compute. or superbot has some fetish issue.

Ellen She can even be this game Pokemon Trainer,I'm actually surprised they didn't wanted to put her in the game seeing how the game look and play (very close to Super Smash Bros)

And I really don't get Superbot pick ups here ,Heavenly Sword,Fat Princess and Gravity Rush aren't popular games either nor cult classic games too, so I don't get Fat Princess over all other Sony girl.

Other Sony girls should be over here instead of Fat Princess if we pick them based on their abilities, Rynn (Drakan) is like a witcher using magic and sword and have a freaking dragon, Jen Tate (Primal) is crazy melee character than can transform,Ellen (Folklore) summon and controls monsters, Rose (The Legend of Dragoon) can transform "Black Dragoon" and have tons of attacks, Monica(Dark Cloud2) is also a fighter with sword and magic abilities there are also Carmelita (Sly)Angela Cross(Ratchet) who uses guns and many other,but we got the worst one.

Takao

Banned
At Kawano's Vita TGS blow out he will announce that Ryu is coming to this game, as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ heads to Vita... Next year's TGS will be Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3: Razor's Edge+ for Vita.

who would buy the last one

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Given square enix just want to push lightning EVERYWHERE, I don't see why not. She has high chance of being in than any of my dream casts. =P

But what would you do if they put
megaman
in it?

I don't know actually. Has there been an example where they allowed someone outside of Square to touch any of their characters? I can totally see square being worried that some other team would mess with one of their characters that they work so hard to craft and brand in a precise way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wasn't some of this largely debunked by Clockwork? If he specifically said that there weren't those Tekken characters in the game, why would you assume that the other characters weren't fake too? They were all from the same "leak".

Top Bottom