• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked: Uncharted, The Order, Guerrilla and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackdown would be a welcome surprise. But CD2 was so meh. Fable doesn't excite me as much as it used to when F1 and F2 were announced. And Halo kind of died for me after Halo 4. The one thing I'm really sad in missing is the Remedy game. I bought every AW game when I was in the xbox family. Either ways until proven otherwise, both of these are fake I guess.

Cd2 had 8 months of Dev time. Was doomed from the start.

Now take a minute and imagine how many heads would explode if both the Sony and Microsoft's leaks were true.

I mean they're not, of course, but imagine it. There's probably nothing that could be done to beat that hypothetical E3.

Why in heavens name would Epic drop out of Gears just to switch to a new exclusive?

As far as I'm aware the exclusivity wasn't an issue with Epic. They just wanted to move on from Gears and make something else. Everything they've said about working with Microsoft has always been positive so I don't think it's impossible by any means.

Granted I'm sure Microsoft is going to have to pony up quite a bit if they want Epic's new game as an exclusive. Hard telling if they would do that or not.

and sony japans 3rd title shrouded in mist is legend of dragoon remake ?
Jack%20Nicholson%20fapping.gif

gadwn

One conference to rule them all. This would be the greatest gaming conference ever.

Too bad it's just a made up fanboy dream list.

Quasar

All this does is overhype the conference. No way will Sony show all these games. They will focus on games that will be coming out between Fall 2014 and Summer 2014.

The thing for me is that some of them seem better suited to Gamescom. And Sony has lately tried to spread those things around a bit rather just announcing everything at E3 and then just repeating the same shit at Gamescom.

Plus that GT announcement really is on the nose given Driveclub. I think they will give it a clear PR window in terms of Sony racing games.

The thing is, I have little doubt that 90% of what's in there is being worked on at Sony right now, the problem is, it would be stupid to unveil all your projects at a single conference, knowing that you have other shows (TGS and GC) to cover.
I am expecting an Uncharted 4 trailer, Drive Club and The Order extended demos. The Last Guardian and Media Molecule and maybe, MAYBE, a teaser of GG next offering...Plus some titles from second party developers (Housemarque and the likes), wild indies and multi (AC Unity, Batman...). Sony has to devote a significant portion to discuss Morpheus, Gaikai, Vita...

Why in heavens name would Epic drop out of Gears just to switch to a new exclusive?
Because they realized that they'd just developed the best looking game of the entire generation, less than a year into the generation, on the weaker of the two consoles.

If I'd pulled that off, I would've kicked Gears to the curb too.

I don't believe it as it's just too much, are there any rumours that aren't on the list?

It appears they've taken every rumour around and embellished them to give them more stature, I mean look at the article "it's got to be true because there's lots of detail".

Between Sony's Uncharted 4, God of War 4, The Order and Microsoft's Quantum Break, Ryse 2, Battletoads, and Phantom Dust 2, I am glad to own both systems. I cannot wait for E3 this year. I am super pumped now.

nikos

Everything sounds incredible. Hope at least some of it is true.

Wonder what that Driveclub demo release is about.

Apart from Games With Gold and the Quantum Break graphical update it's pretty disappointing
Yeah I don't think this is true, I think Phil Spencer is gonna drop the bombs... This is his first E3 as the head of Xbox, he definitely wants to create a lot positive buzz around the conference.

Fbh

If it's true then it will be an awesome conference.
The last guardian, Project beast and new IP from guerilla would be awesome

The platinum thing sounds really cool.
If it's just one game it would be fine. But if they have a deal for several exclusives I might have to get a X1 at some point. (unless it's one of those "ninja gaiden 2/ME1" kind of exclusives)

Hopefully the epic thing isn't true. After selling Gears I was hoping they would go multiplatform with all their projects

fvng

Sounds like a bunch of fanboy pipe dreams.

All those announcements are grounded in reality. You don't need to be a psychic to predict a new Wipeout, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War game from Sony. Project Beast is all but confirmed, a segment on Morpheus is not far fetched either. If anything, the lack of earth shattering announcements there lends more credence to the list.

Awfully presumptuous to make quantum break a trilogy already.

Fbh

The only thing that I find strange is that Sony is not hyping up their E3 the way MS has been for the last couple of weeks.

Hype is and has allways been a double edged sword.

Personally the reason most of the gaming events of the past few years have been rather disappointing (be it E3, gamescom, VGA's, etc) is because they hype them up to be the best thing ever..... and then the event that would have otherwise been great ends up being "just ok" (aka dissapointing)

N.Domixis

Banned
The only thing that I find strange is that Sony is not hyping up their E3 the way MS has been for the last couple of weeks.
Ms is in fucking desperate mode, they are doing everything to copy Sonys gamer focus. Sony has nothing to worry about, they are close to being ahead by 3 million. I am sure they are prepared to take on ms. Ms has to make noise to erase their anti gamer message that still lingers from last e3.

I had hoped this rumor would have died soon but since it is still going strong, why don't we consult the author? The author Abriael is also on GAF and I am surprised that he didn't even bother posting here. A clarification about how he got the rumor and why he trusted it so much to share would have been nice.

I mean Jason has been pretty open here on NeoGAF regarding his work. I also see people from other major gaming sites post here on NeoGAF and clarify stuff. So I hope he does the same, unless he has no proof.

panty

Uncharted 4 and Media Molecule's new game will be there, of course. The rest is just something us fans would like to hear.

Not gonna get hyped for this.

Ms is in fucking desperate mode, they are doing everything to copy Sonys gamer focus. Sony has nothing to worry about, they are close to being ahead by 3 million. I am sure they are prepared to take on ms. Ms has to make noise to erase their anti gamer message that still lingers from last e3.

It's not about Sony not being worried, they rarely make loud noises about their events prior to them in the first place.

Remember how Sony's PreE3 silence meant they were going to have DRM as well? Remember when they didn't respond to MS's 'kill Sony'?

Remember when Sony was complacent, not talking more about their console and not showing their console running live prior to Gamescom?

Sony's in a lot of ways, quiet till the very end.

Papacheeks

Banned
It's not about Sony not being worried, they rarely make loud noises about their events prior to them in the first place.

Remember how Sony's PreE3 silence meant they were going to have DRM as well? Remember when they didn't respond to MS's 'kill Sony'?

Remember when Sony was complacent, not talking more about their console and not showing their console running live prior to Gamescom?

Sony's in a lot of ways, quiet till the very end.

If your Sony, You don't have to be Loud to be effective.

Sometimes being quiet, can mean more than someone trying to be loud.

Wolff

It lacks stupid titles like that for credibility. The list only seems fake because it's an E3 fans would be interested in (sad statement about where we're at as an industry). Outside of that, it looks about 70% believable. The real "not happenings" can be attributed to all the new IPs that probably won't be revealed at E3.

I know, and i do agree that some of it might end up being on the conference, but i said that because as a whole this is very unlikely to happen. I doubt they could even fill that much into their conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom