• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony has two major games coming in end of 2024 (likely Astrobot and Silent Hill 2)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Despite revealing few details, it seems that this new event really is real and other insiders are sharing details of the possible announcements that may be made on the day.

The user known as "The Snitch" (who said he had stopped posting leaks), ended up posting a message on his social networks suggesting that the May event will feature news for Silent Hill 2 Remake and also something related to the Astro Bot franchise, which should be a new game.

At the same time, insider Silknigth, who gained fame for leaking Ghost of Tsushima on PC, said that Sony may reveal 1 or maybe 2 of its own games for 2025/2026. He's also not sure whether it's a State of Play or a Showcase.

Silknigth claims that Sony has changed its strategy and will now announce its new games up to a maximum of two years before their release, depending on their importance. In the last generation, the company gained a negative reputation for announcing its games with CGI trailers and only releasing them years and years later.

In terms of communication, PlayStation has changed, now making game announcements up to a maximum of two years before their release, depending on their importance.

The announcement of PS5PRO is tied to the announcement of certain games, but I'm not sure if they'll showcase it at the upcoming event or after August.

Sony reported that they don't have games from well-known series for this year, but we should have information about two titles to be released in the second half of the year. One of them will be very well-received.

There are no major acquisitions regarding new studios, but when such an announcement is made, it's because there's a game in progress. Sony is very cautious with these types of moves.

Sucker Punch's new game was supposed to be announced last year, but something changed. Its announcement should happen in the coming months.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
>bloober's SH2
Monday Morning Cat GIF

>astro bot this year
Sign Me Up Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

T0minator

If the May event shows AstroBot, Concord (a new FPS IP from PlayStation is long overdue) Ghost of Tsushima 2 and some other surprise than that's all really need. I figure later in the year is when they can show off games that take full advantage of the PS5 Pro like Naughty Dogs new IP

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Can't say I have much enthusiasm for either, given that Silent Hill 2 has all the markings of a dud. Which is a damn shame.
I can somewhat feel you on SH2 (mainly because it’s Bloober). That said, I’m willing to give it a shot because that is my favorite franchise and they at least capture atmosphere well!

Bernardougf

Gold Member
A cute platforming sequel to a PS4 demo that showcased controller features and remake to a beloved horror game being made by a subpar studio with a horrible track-record are Sony's heavy-hitters for the rest of 2024?

Tonight Show Seriously GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Apparently Silent Hill 2 now is a "Sony game" also lol

Quantum253

Would be stoked for a full Astrobot adventure game. I've always been RE over SH. The P.T. demo was cool, so if similar, it might be okay. But I'm tired of rehashing the same games from 20+ years ago and want new stories/franchises.

DeepSpace5D

Always down for a great platformer. A new Astrobot would be welcome news.

And spending a ton of time with The Evil Within lately has me really hoping the Silent Hill 2 remake turns out good.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Silent Hill 2 is pretty much doomed because (1)If it tries to update the original it'll get murdered for daring to fuck with a classic, and (2) if it stays faithful its going to get murdered for still being a game that wasn't lauded for its innovative and exciting gameplay by the standards of 20 plus years ago!

The only way to please fans would be to offer both classic and updated versions as part of a single package, but that'd really hurt the reviews because the way things get scored is always somewhat subtractive in the sense that any part that's "bad" to the reviewer will always stand against what's good.

tusharngf

they should release a naughty game with ps pro that's what everyone expects. You need a good showcase title for PRO console

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Changing their communucation strategy is good news. If the new CEO wants to get really crazy they can announce a showcase in the 1st week of June and maybe have some of their staff go to LA for interviews.

Top Bottom