• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony has two major games coming in end of 2024 (likely Astrobot and Silent Hill 2)

I've posted plenty of dissenting opinions about Sony's lineup and I'm doing just fine. Could not care less about anything Blooper makes, but plenty of folks have been asking for more Astro since PS5 launched with that awesome game. That's defintely exciting news.

Did you play Astro's Playroom?
Played about an hours worth of Astros Playroom at a friends place when the PS5 first launched. Was a neat little game but never considered it a tentpole PlayStation experience.

Topher

Gold Member
Played about an hours worth of Astros Playroom at a friends place when the PS5 first launched. Was a neat little game but never considered it a tentpole PlayStation experience.

No....doubt it will ever be that. I was actually shocked at how enjoyable it was though, especially for a freebie. I'm hoping this one is getting full retail treatment.

Topher

Gold Member
nervous cat GIF
Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU
Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

Bartski

Gold Member
I know I'll be playing SH2 day one despite hating the last trailer with every fiber of my being. Just hope they took feedback to heart and are reworking things as we speak.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You honestly think that Sony would consider those two titles as major titles?

Also, if this is for Q2, there's still the rest of the year.

Where is the Q2 thing from? Draugoth Draugoth

It's in the subject line but nothing in the OP has that quote.

Also, Q2 is already here, Q2 = April to June, if there were 2 big games coming out in the next 2 months, we'd probably know their dates. Whatever the source is, it likely meant H2, second half of the year.

Never played Astrobot, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more Silent Hill.

I really hope Konami got their head out their ass and gave it the love and attention:
  1. The franchise deserves.
  2. The remake deserves.
I will say that overall though, it's a very week offering from Sony on the first party front for the year, I kinda give them a pass though considering they've been pretty solid and consistent these last few years.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
The number of people in this thread who don't understand that Astro's Playroom was one of the best games, period, in 2020 is staggering. It made many top ten lists and is sort of generally understood to be brilliant.

Like did you guys not play it?

It's free.
This is why we can't have good things.
"hurr durr a sequel to a tech demo (even though it's not), so exciting!!"
Yes, it being a full-fledged game is why it's exciting.

brenobnfm

It's usually those same people asking why Sony doesn't make more games like Nintendo or why Japan Studio is gone. They would bring their games out and then they were met with disdain and apathy.

I wanted Japan Studio for shit like SotC, Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush, not obsolete mascot platformers.

Topher

Gold Member
Astrobot should not be considered a major game.

That depends. I think if Astrobot got Mario level of development and Team Asobi was able to expand on Playroom in substantial way then yeah, I'd consider that a major game. Not saying Astrobot would rise to the level of Mario, but after Playroom, I felt the franchise has a lot of potential.

Killer8

The Astro game better be fucking good is all i'll say, given that Sony Japan studio died was consolidated into this one IP.

nial

Gold Member
Did you want me to confirm all 3 games i said are on their resume or what?
Ape Escape was their most known series, so...
As for Team Ico games? That dream has been dead since 2011, it's time to let it go.
Also, they're not very similar, but Rise of the Ronin is an action RPG like Soul Sacrifice, so they're trying to satisfy that niche at the very least. It's not all Astro Bot or 3D platformers.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Ape Escape was their most known series, so...

It's also from the 90s, where they belong.

As for Team Ico games? That dream has been dead since 2011, it's time to let it go.
Also, they're not very similar, but Rise of the Ronin is an action RPG like Soul Sacrifice, so they're trying to satisfy that niche at the very least. It's not all Astro Bot or 3D platformers.

Well, Rise of the Ronin is not exactly the same, i think the darker games that Sony Studio made or collaborated had a certain flavor, like Demon's Souls and Soul Sacrifice, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
To quote myself from July last year:

I said it after playing through Astro (and loving every second of it), give us a full fat game on the scale and scope of a Super Mario Odyssey. Astro was a love letter to all things PlayStation and cool way to expand upon that would to visit different game worlds based on PlayStation 1st party IP. Horizon World, Uncharted World, Ratchet World etc, each making full use of the DualSense with unique mechanics, would be something special.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great whatever it is, will be there day 1.

So hopefully that is exactly what they are doing, can't wait to find out more 👌

Top Bottom