• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Telltale survey that contained Minecraft 2 also had James Bond, Borderlands 2

Drencrom

MAny of the key people that worked on Tales from the Borderlands have left the company, and joined Riot, Ubisoft and elsewhere. The includes the core writers, directors, and designers. Even though I loved Tales, S2 would be a different group of people trying to find the same magic.

Is this true?

Goddamn it...

jryeje29

This all great and dandy but olease telltale just give me The Wolf Among Us Season 2 and let us be on our way.

Print_Dog

Tales from the Borderlands was great. I'm down for a season 2. Even if as you said "many of the people" have moved on from the company. I'd still love to see the story continue. The first season was too good story-wise.

I'd be down for a Bond game in a similar vein to the recent comic series.

fuck ellis is doing a bond comic? product of not following the comic industry these days I guess

on topic: a bond game would be cool. you know what would be better? a bond game that doesn't run like ass

MAny of the key people that worked on Tales from the Borderlands have left the company, and joined Riot, Ubisoft and elsewhere. The includes the core writers, directors, and designers. Even though I loved Tales, S2 would be a different group of people trying to find the same magic.

Aw, man, I wondered if that was the case. A S2 for Borderlands is a bit bittersweet in that regard, but I'm glad they're potentially doing more.

jediyoshi

dbwbx6sxyaanhrpwaa4u.jpg

I'll keep shipping it. You can't stop me.

t26

Tales from the Borderlands was great. I'm down for a season 2. Even if as you said "many of the people" have moved on from the company. I'd still love to see the story continue. The first season was too good story-wise.

Exactly. Many long time staff also left after Walking Dead Season 1, and they still managed to make amazing games like Borderland and Wolf Among Us.

wedca

Like many people I was pleasantly surprised by Tales from the Borderlands. I figured there was no real chance for a sequel so it is cool to hear there may be one.

Yup, I'd be 100% into either of those games, especially since we might finally get a James Bond game that focuses on stuff that wasn't guns and combat.

RedHill

Banned
Fables ended 2 years ago so idk what stories in that universe are left to tell.
Season 1 was an original story 10 years before Fables. It isn't hard to come up with a sequel story without stepping on comic territory. They could even just straight up adapt Fables.

Urthor

Minecraft 2 actually makes 100% sense though. It's a platform for Microsoft to split the Minecraft user base and get that game the fuck off their competing platform (Playstation 4).

Would not be surprised if it happens.

Minecraft 2 actually makes 100% sense though. It's a platform for Microsoft to split the Minecraft user base and get that game the fuck off their competing platform (Playstation 4).

Would not be surprised if it happens.
Microsoft has no logical reason to want Minecraft off of competing platforms. Its value is in its ubiquity. That's why released it on EVEN MORE platforms after buying Mojang, and have added Xbox Live support to the iOS, Android, Fire TV, and Apple TV versions of the game, along with cross-platform support. Turning Minecraft into an exclusive or taking away platforms is the last thing they'd do.

Also, this is about Story Mode Season 2, not a "Minecraft 2" (I don't even know what that would be or how they would justify it).

PeterGAF

Banned
I remember forever ago in some (IGN?) interview that a telltale head said his dream would be a bond game and I have been excited for the possibility ever since. I want this so bad!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sounds like ass-covering from an obsessive fan that couldn't handle TTG being pissed about the leaks and acting on it.

Weren't these games already mentioned in code for GOTG or something? This person isn't needed to buy into any of this.
"I know a tad more than the average fan". Lmao stfu.

Alastor3

It doesn't mean it's gonna be bad tho, just different.

Gator86

Wow, this is depressing as hell. Didn't realize so many people from that team left. Definitely the highpoint for Telltale.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Tales was fantastic but i think a season 2 could be over kill

Bond could be interesting depending on book/film choice, i presume it would be there own bond

Dont care for minecraft. Did it really sell that well for season 1

Also i have to say for any mention of telltale: WHERES WOLF AMOUNG US SEASON 2. IT ENDED ON A CLIFFHANGER

Zolo

When do we get GoT season 2? Wolf Among us ended on a fine note, but GoT literally ended on a cliffhanger.

IIRC, the problem is since TWAU leads directly into the beginning of the Fables comic, they can't really do a direct sequel.

There's literally an endless amount of stories to tell in the Fables universe, though, so the lack of being able to do a direct sequel isn't really a problem. There's so much story potential they could mine. Hell, they could use just about any character as a protagonist that they wanted.

antibolo

Banned

Yikes, excitement killed.

Just saw this, and if so, I am disappoint

I mean, the main story of MSM was pretty good, especially to me, a MC noob. You eventually notice that despite his best efforts,
Ivor is still kinda a douche, considering the last moments of the game are him stealing/opening a new portal to another world.
I wish that they would have changed the new story to focus on Petra. Out of all the friends of the group, she has the most interesting yet mysterious past, that could lead deeper into MC lore...

dbwbx6sxyaanhrpwaa4u.jpg

I'll keep shipping it. You can't stop me.

I don't know if you know this, but at the end of TFTB,
if you spend the game as Rhys, blocking Fiona's sister's advances/treating her like shit, at the final scene when they open the vault, Rhys and Fiona have a hint-hint about the two of them liking one another, before they open the chest...

Zolo

if you spend the game as Rhys, blocking Fiona's sister's advances/treating her like shit, at the final scene when they open the vault, Rhys and Fiona have a hint-hint about the two of them liking one another, before they open the chest...

The shipping thread for that on their main site is massive.

I know Story Mode gets shit on since it's, well... Minecraft... but I personally thought it was a very strong series. Particularly episodes five through eight.

Very excited for season two.

jediyoshi

This was when I knew Telltale had my back for holding out for so long. I felt ready to make a Tumblr account.

Bond would be a pretty good fit for Telltale, especially since they can indulge on all of the other things that the series is known for that can't really be done within the confines of your average first- or third-person shooter.

I agree and disagree. I feel like the human element and humor of Bond's colleagues/villains and himself could all be portrayed in a an FPS or third person shooter. The reason we don't see it is because no one has ever taken a proper stab at it since Everything or Nothing

Top Bottom