• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - TES V Skyrim Definitive Edition out on november 23th

Rellik

I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

Because over 20 million people bought this game originally and it was well received. It's not difficult to work out why they would want to remaster such a hit for newer consoles that are selling faster than the previous consoles from MS and Sony. Especially now that they have their mod system in place.

Based on Fallout 4, I can't see anything miraculous coming from this, except maybe console mods, which would be nice for those who only ever played it in its vanilla state on consoles.

True Fire

If this is running on the latest version of the Creation Engine all of the mods that were originally made may have to be recreated or ported.

Bethesda wants that to happen. They want modders to ditch Nexus for Bethesda.net, and what better way to do that than to force their hand?

Still very, very lukewarm on the idea. Good if it's below full price, though.

I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

Not everyone has a gaming PC? Maybe? I know it sounds nuts, but that might be it.

Even with mods Skyrim looks bland by today's standards.

At least PS4 save files already start out huge, right? ;)

Skyrim looks like a current gen with some of the mods, have you seen what they've done to the lighting, water, textures and the grass? It's incredible!

Why bother making a truckload of money? Who knows. It's almost like they're a company that likes profits.

Nokterian

Not buying it anyway on console since mods made the game different and better in that regard on PC waiting for Skywind mod to appear. And seeing how Fallout 4 even the expansions being a mess on both consoles i do not expect anything better with this.

inki

If this really is happening hope they made some big improvements gameplay wise and graphically, not just a resolution bump and PC textures.

It will be required to have a NEO version on disk. So it better! :D

I'm down day 1. Any real upgrade is worth it to me.. Mod support baked in PLEASE!!

Dmented

Banned
I'd consider buying it for PC if they remove that stupid shit that ties 60hz to the physics. If you're over 60hz the physics will be wonky as fuck.

because people who think like this are in the minority.

skyrim sold a ton on consoles of people who have no pc or interest in pc

Bad timing, there are plenty to play this holiday.

you mean like....every holiday?

Is this a serious post? A lot of people could care less about PC, and This well sell, that's why they bother. It's not hard to understand.

King E

Banned
C'mon man, I've already spent at least 1000 hours into Skyrim. I want TES 6. Not more ESO, definitely not a remaster. :/

jesu

I would hazard a guess it might appeal to console owners that don't have a PC that could run a fully modded version.
Just a guess though.

Ricitor

Would have preferred an Oblivion Remaster honestly, but I'm sure I am in the minority on that one. Have a very bad taste in my mouth with regards to Skyrim due to the atrocious PS3 version. If the upgrade seems good I might just give it another go.

Day 1 for the Empire.

I find November to be a bit far away though, I assumed it would have been earlier.

You filthy imperial.

And yeah, I figured a skyrim HD would have been a launch title for this gen. I guess if it's taken this long and they're announcing it so far ahead of time, they must have some impressive tech to show off, right?

...right?

takriel

Pretty sure most elder scrolls games don't even hit 30 consistently.

"Why is this game 30fps? We're wasting 10-12 fps that could be used for more NPCs or effects!" - elder scrolls director.

It IS worthless though if not 60 fps. I really hope they can deliver on that front.

Ricker

Day 5 years ago ;) but I guess if it didnt delay any of the new stuff they are doing,it's ok and its great for those who never played or finished it,but personally, I have no interest in replaying a 100 hour game again just for better graphics...

Top Bottom