• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (USA): Black 3DS XL, Pokemon 3DS Bundles, Wii U + WW HD bundle, 12GB PS3 $200

Fox Mulder

Play games.

I never understand why so many people get all crazy when they see stuff like this.

X360 has had 0GB and 4GB versions its entire lifespan. It sold a plenty. Sony should have done this years ago.

360 games were designed around not having a standard HDD until recently. The PS3 has had forced installs since the beginning.

FZZ

Banned
I was excited for a second, thought something else got leaked.

But yeah the Black 3DS XL has been confirmed, three more things to go.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
No interest in a WW bundle since I already own it for GCN. NSMBWU, Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, or 3D World and maybe we can talk.

NewGame

Banned
12GB PS3? How does that work?

There's this new auxiliary medium called a 'disc'

Basically it's a flat, round piece of plastic able to hold vast amounts of data. They can be purchased at brick and mortar stores or be posted out to your PS3's residences.

Personally I don't think it will take off. Sony are pretty ballsy pulling such a move on the market.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Basically it's a flat, round piece of plastic able to hole vast amounts of data. They can be purchased at brick and mortar stores or be posted out to your PS3's residences.

Personally I don't think it will take off. Sony are pretty ballsy pulling such a move on the market.

Yes, but most of those discs make you install the game before you play them!

MrDaravon

Basically it's a flat, round piece of plastic able to hole vast amounts of data. They can be purchased at brick and mortar stores or be posted out to your PS3's residences.

Required install on disc games bro. Offhand Rage is ~8 gigs, and GT5 I think is at over 10 gigs now. There are probably games that are higher at this point.

And that's completely ignoring if you want to have like, ANY download games. For fuck's sake, I have a stock 40 gig PS3 and I literally cannot even download most retail PS+ free games like Battlefield due to them requiring twice the room to download + install, and that is with NOTHING on my system. Not saying this sku is a bad idea since you can just slap a HDD in here, but making the argument LOL DISCS is kind of stupid.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
A blue Wii U for Wind Waker would be lovely.

But Nintendo is a senor citizen now and hates color.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
NOA's obsession would be to make a gold Wii U with gold Gamepad.

The real president of NOA must be Goldmember.

But they did come out with the blue wii for walmart black friday.

Reggie always said early on with the Wii that they didn't need additional colors because it was selling. Well...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Required install on disc games bro. Offhand Rage is ~8 gigs, and GT5 I think is at over 10 gigs now. There are probably games that are higher at this point.

And that's completely ignoring if you want to have like, ANY download games. For fuck's sake, I have a stock 40 gig PS3 and I literally cannot even download most retail PS+ free games like Battlefield due to them requiring twice the room to download + install, and that is with NOTHING on my system. Not saying this sku is a bad idea since you can just slap a HDD in here, but making the argument LOL DISCS is kind of stupid.

because for those like you that want to download a bunch of games, you don't buy this one. This is for those that just want to play a few disc games. Yes, if they happen to buy a few games that require mandatory installs, they might need to do some fridge management. Just because a product doesn't appeal to you directly, doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the market.

and why are people saying 'most games require an install'? no way is it 'most'

HardRojo

because for those like you that want to download a bunch of games, you don't buy this one. This is for those that just want to play a few disc games. Yes, if they happen to buy a few games that require mandatory installs, they might need to do some fridge management. Just because a product doesn't appeal to you directly, doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the market.

and why are people saying 'most games require an install'? no way is it 'most'

I've had my Slim since late 2009, it came with 120 GB and I've constantly been deleting stuff just so I can play more games, DD games are a no-no for me now and also lots of games require installs, I think most of them actually do so I'm upgrading to 750 GB soon, I think the purpose of this SKU is to give people the chance to put a 500 GB HDD right off the bat without having to pay $250 first.

Top Bottom