• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (USA): Black 3DS XL, Pokemon 3DS Bundles, Wii U + WW HD bundle, 12GB PS3 $200

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Solidifying the WiiU as another Gamecube all over again doesnt seem too smart. I can see the argument that this is the one they wouldnt mind missing the retail sales on though.

PS3 price-drop was always destined for this year. I'll be pretty surprised if its not announced at Gamescom really to coincide with the twilight releases from Puppeteer, Beyond, GT6, and Ratchet.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
wind_waker___bundle_by_wasabidesignband-d62it6r.jpg

if it's like that, I could be crazy and buy a second wiiu

KrawlMan

They should probably pair the Wii U with a game people have never played before.

I actually think Wind Waker is a great choice.

The cost of development for it was relatively low since it's not a new game. Bundling with a console would mean they could more easily justify a price reduction on the set.

Also Wind Waker released in 2002 on GCN, so not only over 10 years ago, but also on a relatively unpopular console. To a large chunk of gamers it's basically a new Zelda game.

wind_waker___bundle_by_wasabidesignband-d62it6r.jpg

if it's like that, I could be crazy and buy a second wiiu

:O dat carboard box (I'd pass on the baby blue Wii U though)

I actually think Wind Waker is a great choice.

The cost of development for it was relatively low since it's not a new game. Bundling with a console would mean they could more easily justify a price reduction on the set.

This is part of it, the other part is that Wii U owners are more likely to purchase their other titles - Donkey Kong and Mario - than Wind Waker HD separately. Including Wind Waker HD creates additional value for the Wii U, but it also probably doesn't reduce (separate) software purchases of the game - at least not as much as Mario or DK. I would expect Nintendoland and - if Nintendo is smart and aggressive this holiday - Game & Wario to be bundled with Wind Waker for the same reason.

Guymelef

The better solution is to buy the mounting bracker (12GB doesn't come with it) and a standard 2.5" HDD.
With lots of games with mandatory install in PS3 the 12GB seems like a nonsense but here in Europe is selling very well.
Lot of people only want to play "COD, FIFA and PES".

I don:t quite understand the business sense of bundling a controversial GameCube game with a struggling console, but okay.

Maybe it will be limited and certain Zelda fans will be all over it.

When is the black 3ds xl happening? I just placed an order for the blue on at best buy since it was on sale. The sale only lasts this weekend though. What to do???

I don:t quite understand the business sense of bundling a controversial GameCube game with a struggling console, but okay.

I am sure there are plenty of new zelda fans who were toddlers when Wind Waker first came around. So I would not be surprised that they would be excited for it.

I'd buy the Windwaker bundle at the right price; one of my favourite games of all times so I'd be glad to play it again.

Hoping these rumours are true.

m0t0k1

Hope the ps4 releases faster, So Ps3 can get a price drop to €99 so i can finally buy one. Takes way to long for that thing to drop which i understand because it still sells.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Meia said:
Considering I never did of my launch one and don't know how to do this, and know I need to buy a new PS3 soon, this doesn't strike me as something I'm willing to buy, especially knowing it's not just that, but that + price of a new HDD. :p
Is your old PS3 dying? Then you can just recycle the HDD - it will work in the new one just the same.

Hopefully the Red 3dsxl is charizard and the Blue 3dsxl is blastoise and they come with X & Y with downloadable vouchers to obtain charmander and squirtle at the start of the game along with the x & y starters.

I would probably buy either of those, maybe both, but honestly I'd want the black and gold Charizard 3DS XL.

The WW Wii U may make me consider buying one too.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think it is a logical step to do a WWHD Wii U bundle. They catered already Mario fans (and the fans of platformer games in general - so somehow DK falls into the same area), but they need to go after Zelda fans too. And having just the HD remake might not be enough, while a bundle would make sense, but only if it means customized console, gamepad and cardboard box.
And it also makes sense from the financial point of view, they could have both Zelda WWHD and Nintendo Land bundled with the console at the current price for a deluxe or even lower. They could even hide a price cut by selling this "special edition" in a limited quantity.

pikablu

Well if you can buy a mounting bracket for $15 and a 30--40gb 2.5" sata hdd for around $40 thats not too bad of a deal for the ps3. I think I might ask for it for Christmas.

meow

Red/blue 3DS XL's? That's interesting, I like those special XY editions, too, though.

I want a Wii U price drop before I get a Wii U but if that WWHD bundle is an actual edition and not just the two slapped together, I might have to be in. ~_~ It would be a nice companion for the zelda 3DS and SS remote+ and gold nunchuk. :D

tim.mbp

Well if you can buy a mounting bracket for $15 and a 30--40gb 2.5" sata hdd for around $40 thats not too bad of a deal for the ps3. I think I might ask for it for Christmas.

That's a pretty terrible deal considering PS3 Black Friday bundles have been $199 the past couple years.

When is the black 3ds xl happening? I just placed an order for the blue on at best buy since it was on sale. The sale only lasts this weekend though. What to do???

Buy it now to get the sale price. Don't open it. Exchange yhe blue one for with a black one.

They may not do it (YMMV) but it'll probably work

ampere

I'd be interested in a Wind Waker bundle, but if it's $400 I would probably just keep waiting for a console price drop.

Shauni

I plan to get Pokemon, so those Red and Blue bundles I could dig, though I'd still be curious what the Black on came with. I don't know about the Wind Waker Wii U bundle. I already played and beat Wind Waker on the GC. Great game, I enjoyed it a lot, but I can't see myself really wanting to go back to it. Plus, if it's $60 like most places are listing, I feel I need to stay away from owning it based on principle alone. But if it's limited edition, guess I could buy it, wait for a few months, and then sell for a decent amount more to get another U and a few games.

Kurtofan

I don't think Wind Waker is that controversial today, hell they've made two games with similar designs.

Top Bottom