• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (USA): Black 3DS XL, Pokemon 3DS Bundles, Wii U + WW HD bundle, 12GB PS3 $200

BowieZ

Banned
If it looks anything like that fan made WW bundle I will be pretty jealous

wind_waker___bundle_by_wasabidesignband-d62it6r.jpg

Indeed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wonder how long it takes for them to make a ~12GB PS4.

Seems like an easier sell than with the PS3 since presumably you can just take the hard drive that is in your PS3 and pop that sucker right into the PS4.

Also about time the black 3DS XL came over. I wish the white one did too but I might bite on black.

Yawnier

Banned
They also probably want to make the PS4 seem like it has a lot of value for the price.

That or they weren't impressed enough by most Black Friday sales when the PS3 was $200.

True, and having a PS3 bundle at almost $300 this fall when the PS4 is only a little only a hundred bucks more, just seems foolish. With a price gap of that size between a brand spanking new console and a 7 year old one, your tech savvy gamer in the market who possibly owns neither is going to go towards the PS4 probably.

How much do you all reckon the Wind Waker bundle would cost?

Hopefully at a half decent price, like $300 or lower but hey who am I kidding?

Meia

It is just the PS3 with a small hdd. You can put a larger one in there whenever you like.

Considering I never did of my launch one and don't know how to do this, and know I need to buy a new PS3 soon, this doesn't strike me as something I'm willing to buy, especially knowing it's not just that, but that + price of a new HDD. :p

DMeisterJ

Banned
I would kill for a realistically priced PS3 with a realistic-sized HDD. The 250GB PS3 should be 250 at this point. The system will be seven years old this fall.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I would kill for a realistically priced PS3 with a realistic-sized HDD. The 250GB PS3 should be 250 at this point. The system will be seven years old this fall.

Buy a 200 dollar ps3 and a 50 dollar hdd? The hdd takes 5 minutes to install.
They may still cut the price of the 250gb ps3 thoufh

Cutebrute

From a cost perspective, a WW HD bundle makes sense as it probably did not cost too much to make. But why would Nintendo bundle a remake of a GCN Zelda of all games? That game will not sell Wii U to casual audiences, and I doubt it would move units with the core unless there is a price drop as well.

Zelda WW HD is no system seller, but it may do moderately well on the Wii U charts, so why not bundle NSMBU or Game&Wario for more casual appeal and just rake in extra profit from WW HD sales?

I would buy the ever-living fuck out of a proper Zelda WiiU console bundle. Then again, I would do the same for Bayonetta. However, I doubt the latter has much of a chance of happening.

AniHawk

i will assume the tww bundle is $350.

if it's $300, that's an instabuy. shit, that's like a $250 console and a game. i was gonna buy tww hd anyway.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why don't companies put out many different colors for systems? Is it a production issue?

Definitely getting the Wii U + Wind Waker HD bundle. Hopefully it's the black version with some awesome Zelda artwork on it (ala the Ocarina of Time 3DS edition from a while back).

12GB PS3 is interesting, because once you add in your own 500GB hd for around $50, you've got a PS3 that's cheaper than the regular models. Don't really like the new super slim PS3s though.

It's about fucking time for the all black 3DS XL model. It's the only one I'd ever buy (already have a 3DS though). I would imagine that the Pokemon 3DS bundles are just the games with a special color or artwork on them.

abrack08

I'm hoping for a Zelda: Link Between Worlds themed 3DS XL to upgrade from my regular 3DS. Don't think just black will be enough for me.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
IMO real potential if they got aggressive and put out the WWHD bundle for something like $250. WWHD couldn't have cost them much to make. It's basically an experiment for the team to come to grips with a Wii U engine. That's it.

But it's great demo software for the system. A beloved game, that shows off every feature of the console: off-screen play, gamepad integration for touch screen and gyroscope, in-game miiverse features.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So do you guys think we should be expecting an official announcement really soon?

I NEED to know when the Black XL becomes available. My life depends on it.

Depending on the price, I'd be really tempted to get a WW HD bundle. Too bad it seems most likely that the system will be white for any future bundles Nintendo does in the near future, I'd prefer black. At least it would come with game I'm more interested in than Nintendoland, though.

Bread

Banned
damn, drop that wiiu bundle to $300 and i probably buy it over the ps4

until infamous comes out next year

Top Bottom