• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (USA): Black 3DS XL, Pokemon 3DS Bundles, Wii U + WW HD bundle, 12GB PS3 $200

Luigi's mansion Dark moon just had to make me buy a 3DSXL early, now I got this light blue 3DS. I hate bright colors.

I totally want that black 3DSXL

Tagg9

Wind Waker is such a weird game to bundle. Nothing like having a two generation old game as a pack-in to showcase the power of the system...

Wind Waker is such a weird game to bundle. Nothing like having a two generation old game as a pack-in to showcase the power of the system...

Probably comes with Nintendo Land too, though. It's also a port, so it's cheaper to bundle that than another game.

Toad.T

Banned
They should probably pair the Wii U with a game people have never played before.

But then they'd have nothing to bundle the system with.

*regularshowoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.gif*

But honestly, I do see where you're coming from. However, in theory it's a no-win scenario anyway:

Console gets bundled with new IP (X, W101.) "What the fuck? Nintendo's bundling their systems with new shitty ass games they couldn't sell anyway? Lame as FUCK. Why can't they bundle in good games like SMB/Duck Hunt or Mario World? Fuck it, I'll just buy a PS4/XB1. "

Console gets bundled with old IP (WWHD, DKC:TF, SM3DW) "What the fuck? Nintendo's STILL using Mario/DK/Zelda? Lame as FUCK. Why can't they make a new, western focused, mature themed, online oriented action game/FPS/WRPG like the rest of the world? Fuck it, I'll just buy a XB1/PS4.

Nintendo can barley hold on to their diehard fans without having a bevy of complaints lodged at them. That's why they need to try to grasp at any possible straw they can, in a vain hope that people will actively recognize that they still exist after they made the exercise machine grandma uses at the home. If that means bundling the system with a more critically loved/discussed franchise like Zelda instead of with the cash spigot that is the Mario universe (In most peoples minds, any game that has the characters in it is automatically part of said series.), then so be it.

Zornack

If that means bundling the system with a more critically loved/discussed franchise like Zelda instead of with the cash spigot that is the Mario universe (In most peoples minds, any game that has the characters in it is automatically part of said series.), then so be it.

I think it's more that they need a bundle with a new game for November and nothing else coming out between now and then screams Nintendo like Zelda does, even if it is an HD remaster of an old game.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'd much rather a price drop than the WW bundle. I was gonna get WW HD later down the line, but whatever. Still getting a Wii U this fall.

Black 3DS XL is ok, but I'm truly waiting for SSB3DS to get a XL.
maybe even a green 3DS XL? Haha I give up :(

Calamari41

41 > 38
Fuck, Wind Waker HD is so beautiful that if Nintendo marketed it this year as though it were a brand new Zelda game, the general public probably wouldn't question it. Don't say it's brand new, but don't focus on the fact that it's a remake either. On Black Friday, a Wii U with "the new Zelda" packed in and the new DKC on the shelf next to it could be big as long as the price is right.

scurker

Black's not the exact color I wanted in a 3DS XL, but it's different enough from Blue/Red that I'll finally upgrade my 3DS. Hopefully it's official soon.

So does this mean the PSP Street still has a chance in the USA? :p

Honestly I thought the 12GB would have evolved to 28GB by the time it made it over there.

OmahaG8

Waiting for that as well (would be awesome to have a Zelda themed 3DS XL), but is the 3DS XL really a big upgrade over the standard 3DS?

For me, the jump in enjoyment was that of the original DS to the DS Lite.

So take that for what it's worth. I adore my new AC XL (though I just recently caved and would've waited for black if I knew it was this close).

Calamari41

41 > 38
They should probably pair the Wii U with a game people have never played before.

In the grand scheme of the current market, barely anybody has played Wind Waker. It "only" sold a few million across the whole world, and that was a decade ago.

fse

Ok price for the ps3 but I think I'm gonna buy the $269 gtav one. 500gb seems like a better deal, and the game too.

Geedorah

Groovin' on the idea of a solid black 3DSXL, may have to go and pick one up and give my buddy my old Zelda edition 3DS.

Lhadatt

The black 3DS XL was spotted on the Mario & Luigi Dream Team commercial on nationwide television in the USA. This ain't no rumor.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Amazon Canada lists Black 3DS XL now.
Release? August 11th, so the same day Mario & Luigi: Dream Team comes out. This is the same pattern they used for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (showing the new model in the TV ad, then announcing it, remember?)

Ah, price drop for PS3 incoming? Neat!

DarkKyo

Of course

majora__s_mask_3ds_xl_by_sharindan_dragon-d57o7d9.jpg

I don't like the representation of the mask on the cover of the XL here. Just put the literal drawing of it on there, it would have much more impact than some poor tribal tattoo representation..

Into

The 12 GB PS3 has been sold in Europe for a long time now, i am surprised its only now its being made available for NA

pikablu

Hopefully the Red 3dsxl is charizard and the Blue 3dsxl is blastoise and they come with X & Y with downloadable vouchers to obtain charmander and squirtle at the start of the game along with the x & y starters.

Top Bottom