• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Dr. Buni

I didn't want Chespin to be siniestro :(

would someone translate that twitter pic ?

Hiro says that Gamefreak never reveals starters evolutions before the release of the games. Then, the other person asks the starters evolutions types and Hiro says that Chespin3 is Grass/Dark, Fennekin3 is Fire/Psychic and Froakie3 is Water/Fighting. Edit: Beaten.

GerTrishJ

Neo Member
Bulbapedia :

Review copies of Pokémon X & Y have been confirmed as now being in the wild.

(which is where the pokemon centre pics may have come from)

The embargo on reviews is apparently October 4th, however apparently a lot of information will remain embargoed until release day.

Reportedly, reviewers will *NOT* be allowed to talk about the final evolved forms of the new starter Pokémon until after game release.

Bulbapedia :

Review copies of Pokémon X & Y have been confirmed as now being in the wild.

(which is where the pokemon centre pics may have come from)
Those pics appear to originate from a person in Italy.

Ah I see, I was mistaken. Is he a tester?
The 1st set of Pokébeach rumours originated from a roommate of a QC playtester. They'd previously been posted on a number of other Pokémon forums before Beach put them on their front page.

Hiro is not a tester. He's associated with the website that was behind the Black & White leaks. What I was hearing though was that his posts since last night were simply reposts of stuff from that Italian person, rather than him actually posting anything original.

Dr. Buni

I find weird that the reviewers will be allowed to talk about essentially everything there is in XY, except for the starters. Why be so secretive about them.

DaBoss

I find weird that the reviewers will be allowed to talk about essentially everything there is in XY, except for the starters. Why be so secretive about them.

Everything? People seem to indicate otherwise. It seems the NDA is really strict.

Those pics appear to originate from a person in Italy.

The 1st set of Pokébeach rumours originated from a roommate of a QC playtester. They'd previously been posted on a number of other Pokémon forums before Beach put them on their front page.

Hiro is not a tester. He's associated with the website that was behind the Black & White leaks. What I was hearing though was that his posts since last night were simply reposts of stuff from that Italian person, rather than him actually posting anything original.

The plot thickens

The longer it takes for things to leak the better it is for me because I'll be taking a hiatus from most of the net once stuff starts leaking.

I want to see Fennekin's final evo when I evolve it! I haven't had that sorta fun since I was in, like, 5th grade.

...Why am I in a thread about leaks? ;P

GerTrishJ

Neo Member
Oh yeah, this is a worldwide launch this time x)
This will be exciting!

might even delay myself a day or two to plan

buy the guide book that what I did to plan my team was quite cheap

will carefully read the contents page number don't wanna spoil myself only wanna see the pokemon

im going to take my time when playing the game do everything catch all the pokemon I can I wanna delay the games ending as long as I can

omg I cant wait im so hyped now

Zalman

This is what I want to know the most, I don't want a situation where I'm locked out of a cool pokemon without doing some trading nonsense.
Same. I'd also like to know if there are any exclusive areas. That would make it a much easier decision.

Tusk

:p I'm half tempted to ask my lil bro to go to walmart a few days before release and ask for a copy of x/y, just to see what happens. I doubt anything will come of it though.

If those final types are true, I don't know which starter I want to go for anymore. I guess I'll decide based on their final evolution looks
and base stats.

Hedge

But Quilladin is a "Spiny armor Pokemon" (also come from the word Paladin)

3f8eecc78b42783d0491242119bae8686677fa81_full.jpg

So.. a piñata evolving into.. a mexican paladin?

FSLink

Banned
There is "fanart" of essentially every Pokémon in the internet, not only of bipedal foxes. People should hate every Pokémon then.

Those are usually more popular though from my understanding, the bipedal stuff.

Not my opinion mind you, just what I heard.

Sandfox

yup all I want is for all the pokemon to leak so I can plan my team

I think the only way we get a leak that big is if someone gets the guide early. Also, depending on how they handle event Pokemon they might not even be on the cart or something lol

Forkball

If Chespin is Grass/Dark, Fennekin Fire/Psychic, and Froakie Water/Fighting it's pretty interesting since the secondary types switch the super effective chart (grass is weak against fire, but dark is strong against psychic). I want to pick Froakie but I don't really like Fighting types though, especially with all these Mega Mewtwos roaming about.

DigitalOp

Banned
I would not be opposed to a SandSlash - Blastoise fusion looking type 2nd evo for Chespin.

Im anxiously waiting legit news...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I dislike the concept of an inverse triangle on the starters. Your rival's starter owning yours was a good idea and should have been kept. Gen 4 felt all out of whack when my Infernape started bossing the fuck out of my rival's Empoleon with a Close Combat to the face. I just felt a bit... dirty.

Top Bottom