• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And of course this

1377068890486tmjnr.gif

FdtB6xu.jpg

Title screen. Would be easy to fake I think. It looks pretty good if it's a fake though.

I think it's safe to assume the title screen would be similar to the demo.

I dislike the concept of an inverse triangle on the starters. Your rival's starter owning yours was a good idea and should have been kept. Gen 4 felt all out of whack when my Infernape started bossing the fuck out of my rival's Empoleon with a Close Combat to the face. I just felt a bit... dirty.

I honestly don't know why the fandom wants a "reverse triangle" to begin with, let alone to "balance" the starters. The starters are never balanced with each other barring the primary typing.

Berordn

I dislike the concept of an inverse triangle on the starters. Your rival's starter owning yours was a good idea and should have been kept. Gen 4 felt all out of whack when my Infernape started bossing the fuck out of my rival's Empoleon with a Close Combat to the face. I just felt a bit... dirty.

It's not like it was ever hard to just dominate your rivals in RBY/GSC either, as long as they knew moves outside their primary type. It's the whole reason why members of their team change depending on what their starter was - it encourages you to make a balanced team.

I honestly don't know why the fandom wants a "reverse triangle" to begin with, let alone to "balance" the starters. The starters are never balanced with each other barring the primary typing.

Because if we're going to have Fire/Water/Grass every gen we might as well do something to mix things up. The set-up for the Unova starters was so insanely boring.

The thing I dislike about Grass/Dark as Chespin's final evo type is all the god damn weaknesses it's gonna have especially if it suppose to be some defensive Pokemon.

Tusk

So, on /vp/ the person that posted that badger thing, and the title screen also posted a pic of the starter select screen. :p it shows the bottom screen of it, which is something we haven't seen yet, I'm pretty sure.

It may be real.

So, on /vp/ the person that posted that badger thing, and the title screen also posted a pic of the starter select screen. :p it shows the bottom screen of it, which is something we haven't seen yet, I'm pretty sure.

It may be real.

I think there might be multiple people leaking stuff on /vp/ right now. The badger thing is false; most everyone on there agrees its BS right now, and there's an image that shows that parts of it were flipped and shooped from a picture with Helioptile on it.

So the badger at least is fake. The other screens look legit though.

I can freely post spoiler images here right? Since it's a spoiler thread and everything?

gauBYbP.jpg

This is the starter screen that was posted.

Is it really any different than teaching Blastoise Ice Beam or Blizzard in Red/Blue?

I disagree. The starters having good subtypes (like the Sinnoh starters) is cool, but a secondary triangle is bs to me.

Specially when it will potentially make of the Grass-type a shitty Pokémon.

Should have went with Grass/Steel, Fire/Fairy, Water/Fighting to give Chespin a chance.

ffdgh

Chespin. Lets see...4x bug weakness, flying, fighting, ice, fire, poison plus the new fairy weakness compared to the other 2...

Ground, water, rock, ghost, dark for fennikin

Flying, grass, electric,fairy, psychic. For froakie.

Froakie and to a lesser extent fennekin are spared while chespin suffers...yay :(

It isn't, but people love to complain about anything Gen IV

I don't blame them most of the time, I remember very little about that generation and it's the only one where I didn't replay the main games (Diamond and Pearl) at least once.

The starter triangle has always been kind to the water types, especially when Ice Beam is easily available like in Red/Blue (and even like Ice Punch in Gold/Silver). At least that was what I always thought.

Qurupeke

Chespin. Lets see...4x bug weakness, flying, fighting, ice, poison plus the new fairy weakness compared to the other 2...

Flying, grass, electric, psychic. For froakie.

Froakie and to a lesser extent fennekin are spared while chespin suffers...yay :(

I don't understand why people still love it.

Dr. Buni

Should have went with Grass/Steel, Fire/Fairy, Water/Fighting to give Chespin a chance.

That would make Chespin3 suck against Braixen, but overall it would be likely a good Pokémon and that is what matters. Fuck balanced starters, that means nothing if you have more than one Pokémon in your party.

I don't blame them most of the time, I remember very little about that generation and it's the only one where I didn't replay the main games (Diamond and Pearl) at least once.

Well... I do, because I loved that generation and it gets a lot of hate it doesn't deserve. It might not have been the best one, sure, but it was certainly better than Gen 2 at least. Happily more and more people are starting to recognize how good it was and Gen 4 isn't nearly disliked as it was three or four years ago. But I guess this thread isn't the best to talk about Gen 4's awesomeness.

The Adder

Banned
Well if they're going the Dark Knight/Blackguard route maybe he's not a defensive pokemon. High Attack and SP Atk, low Def and Sp Def, moderate Speed, and Sturdy.

Infinite

Chespin. Lets see...4x bug weakness, flying, fighting, ice, fire, poison plus the new fairy weakness compared to the other 2...

Flying, grass, electric, psychic. For froakie.

Stats and movepool is probably just as important as typing probably even more so. Don't write a pokemon off exclusively on typing. Also we don't even know it's ability which may give it another immunity or so.

Stats and movepool is probably just as important as typing probably even more so. Don't write a pokemon off exclusively on typing. Also we don't even know it's ability which may give it another immunity or so.
Aren't Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze a staple for starters?
Unless you're talking about DW abilities.

Zelias

Banned
Won't it just have Overgrow as a basic ability? And do we even know anything about hidden abilities and how we would get them?

ffdgh

If they do have second abilities, we probably won't get them atlease until after gen 5 starters gets theirs...if they get them.

Espada

True, but if you're saddled with a really bad typing it's an uphill battle for the pokemon in question. Chespin3 could have a 550 BST with all of his stats perfectly allocated and still wind up worse than the other two. Outside of Nuzlockes and competitive battling he'll probably be just fine.

The other starters have 5 weaknesses, it's not like they got off easy.

Teehee

Neo Member
The 1st set of Pokébeach rumours originated from a roommate of a QC playtester. They'd previously been posted on a number of other Pokémon forums before Beach put them on their front page.

This is misleading. Only a few of the rumors had been posted before. The leaker gave Pokebeach many new pieces of info that he had not posted elsewhere. And he only posted them elsewhere in the first place because Pokebeach refused to post them without any evidence to back them up.

Also why do people still believe Hiro? He was the one who called all of Pokebeach's original rumors 100% fake, which shows how reliable he is. Pokebeach also posted in one of their stories before that Hiro tried to sell non-existent XY rumors to other fansites. So IMO Hiro can't be trusted and doesn't know a thing.

Pokemon leak time is always best time

I hope final starter evos come out soon. Gotta know what my main man Froakie will be looking like once he's all grown up

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think there might be multiple people leaking stuff on /vp/ right now. The badger thing is false; most everyone on there agrees its BS right now, and there's an image that shows that parts of it were flipped and shooped from a picture with Helioptile on it.

So the badger at least is fake. The other screens look legit though.

I can freely post spoiler images here right? Since it's a spoiler thread and everything?

gauBYbP.jpg

This is the starter screen that was posted.
That's fake, we already know what the bottom screen looks like.

Atlantis

I know I know...it's just that the other 2 grass/dark pokes aren't exactly instilling confidence

Compare Celebi to Exeggutor though.

I was just thinking how a Grass/Dark knight-inspired Chespin would likely play last night. Assuming it's a bulky physical attacker, it'll probably end up using Choice Band/Swords Dance sets in the lower tiers.

Quilladin is a great design and much better than that loli fox and the neopetz frog. Also its evo better not resemble that fake that was posted a few pages ago. yuck

kgrock618

How much info do you guys think we will have by the US release? final starter evos? base stats for all of them? since japan is so far ahead, they get the game like 14 hours before US right?

Bulbapedia :

Review copies of Pokémon X & Y have been confirmed as now being in the wild.

(which is where the pokemon centre pics may have come from)

The embargo on reviews is apparently October 4th, however apparently a lot of information will remain embargoed until release day.

Reportedly, reviewers will *NOT* be allowed to talk about the final evolved forms of the new starter Pokémon until after game release.

Reviews less than a week from now? omg

EulaCapra

On the subject of weaknesses, adjustments just for fun and for my logical piece of mind:
- Grass should be resistant against Fairy attacks. Give Grass at least something. Plus it makes sense since Fairies draw power from nature.
- Fire shouldn't be resistant against Fairy attacks. Fire is fine enough as is compared with others.
- Fairy shouldn't be resistant against Bug attacks. I don't get that logic at all let alone pick on Bug types again.
- Speaking of Bugs, why do Ghosts resist them let alone Poison? If anything, Bugs should be resistant or immune to Poison.
- Ice should be resistant against Dragon attacks. Might as well.

Top Bottom