• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

R0ckman

For nintendo to get on people this fast who are tucked in forums I wonder if the ninjas get commission or something? Or do they get fired for doing a shitty job at preventing leaks? I just cant see anyone being motivated enough to track down a leaker within minutes of a leak.

Kouriozan

For nintendo to get on people this fast who are tucked in forums I wonder if the ninjas get commission or something? Or do they get fired for doing a shitty job at preventing leaks? I just cant see anyone being motivated enough to track down a leaker within minutes of a leak.
Pro tips, everyone is a ninja but you :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Don't they feed on souls or something? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Elfteiroh

The guy is still there babbling on that he is a bad artist and that he did these in minutes just messing with the colors... O-o What?

[EDIT] Greninja'd

Dawg

There is leaks and there is people starting to be in trouble for leaking apparently.

Nintendo ninjas will get them.

Heck, the NY poster on 4chan made a big mistake. 4chan will give his IP and info to Nintendo if requested. I am certain of this.

And Nintendo's NDA isn't one you want to break...

Boss Doggie

Maybe these are photoshop works... of official mons which he added shop filters to imply that they are shopped!

Dr. Buni

Right eh? That's crazy.
Also: fixed.
Ops. I need to re-check my posts before submitting them.

Also:

This smells an awful lot like a hasty cover-up attempt.

For what it's worth, I checked the images with one of those jpeg compression analyzer things, and there wasn't any kind of weird distortion around the pokemons (or anywhere else, for that matter).
Our leaker here would have to be a pretty damn good photoshopper if these were indeed fake, since I can't find any weird parts in the images and the style of the pokemon matches the official pokes' looks', not to mention that the blurriness of the pokes seems to match that of the background elements.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...and-potential-spoilers?pid=2532738#pid2532738

Elfteiroh

Haha, nah, I was just playing around. As a non-native speaker, I tend to do a LOT of mistakes myself. ;)

Also, that last but is meh. I mean, if he shopped it, then displayed it on his screen by some mean, THEN took the photo, it would be hard to detect it with some software, and the fact they are quite blurry doesn't help, so I would take this with a grain of salt. :O

Dr. Buni

Haha, nah, I was just playing around. As a non-native speaker, I tend to do a LOT of mistakes myself. ;)

Also, that last but is meh. I mean, if he shopped it, then displayed it on his screen by some mean, THEN took the photo, it would be hard to detect it with some software, and the fact they are quite blurry doesn't help, so I would take this with a grain of salt. :O

It is fine. I am not a native speaker either haha :)

And yes, that is a good point, but I am still having trouble in believing that someone photoshoped those 'mons. Or maybe I am just in denial because I really like the mucha lucha thing :(

Dascu

Luchabird is OK, but I don't like Froakie's final evo. Tongue-scarf is freaking me out. Hoping they're fake.

Also, both designs don't seem to fit very well with the European/French theme of the game.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Luchabird is OK, but I don't like Froakie's final evo. Tongue-scarf is freaking me out. Hoping they're fake.

Also, both designs don't seem to fit very well with the European/French theme of the game.

Well, we're not going to get solely European/French-based Pokemon.

Pangoro is a panda and based off a Japanese Bancho, for instance.

Elfteiroh

It is fine. I am not a native speaker either haha :)

And yes, that is a good point, but I am still having trouble in believing that someone photoshoped those 'mons. Or maybe I am just in denial because I really like the mucha lucha thing :(

Personally, I don't like it, and I think Luchawk or Luchadawk would sound much more awesome and roll off the toungue much better than Hawlucha or something...

Oh, And weirdly, I really don't know what to think. Usually I go the "It's not on Serebii, it's fake" mentality, but this time... I don't know. o_O

Dr. Buni

Because Samurott fits perfectly with Unova's New York/North American theme, right

Personally, I don't like it, and I think Luchawk or Luchadawk would sound much more awesome and roll off the toungue much better than Hawlucha or something...

Oh, And weirdly, I really don't know what to think. Usually I go the "It's not on Serebii, it's fake" mentality, but this time... I don't know. o_O

I agree about the name, Luchawk would sound way better, but design though... so awesome. I usually don't like bird Pokémon and it is always a chore to waste a slot in my teams with a flier, but this time I would gladly use Hawlucha.

Watch Da Birdie

Someone asked Hiro about the rumors.

Interestingly, the person who asked mentioned Greninja, and the pictures, as well as the 70 New Pokemon. Hiro didn't comment on the pictures, he just said "We now around 50 Pokemon? Do you really think they have 20 is reserve".

I'm pretty sure the "70 New Pokemon" came from a different source that was someone bullshitting, so it's interesting Hiro doesn't talk about the pics...

Elfteiroh

Interestingly, the person who asked mentioned Greninja, and the pictures, as well as the 70 New Pokemon. Hiro didn't comment on the pictures, he just said "We now around 50 Pokemon? Do you really think they have 20 is reserve".

I'm pretty sure the "70 New Pokemon" came from a different source that was someone bullshitting, so it's interesting Hiro doesn't talk about the pics...

Speaking of this, we have some people here that are confirmed owner of the games for review purpose... I say we wait for a day or two, and if they don't disprove these... Well, it will be time to prepare ourselves to battle these critters. (and to be disappointed by only 70ish new pokes. :( )

DaBoss

Nintendo ninjas will get them.

Heck, the NY poster on 4chan made a big mistake. 4chan will give his IP and info to Nintendo if requested. I am certain of this.

And Nintendo's NDA isn't one you want to break...

Which 4chan leak thing are you referring to?

Thank you based Hiro.

21 Pokémon confirmed!

Hiro also thought the overworld was in 3D even after evidence it was not started appearing. He is not necessarily correct on anything afaik.

Lol, well glad to see that's done with

Hiro knows jack this generation apparently

Dr. Buni

Hiro isn't really a reliable source, but I agree about the "70 new Pokémon" stuff coming from a different source.

Boss Doggie

That /vp/ thread with the screenshots should be enough evidence to show how it's not really reliable to assume someone is the same poster... even if that evidence is a bit hyperbolic lol

Watch Da Birdie

He did state Fairy Sylveon, Fairy Yveltal, and Dark/Flying Xerneas though before that was revealed...

we know 40 pokemon + 3 final evo of the starters. this would mean only 37 left (-1 for the inevitable Z legendary).

36 sounds so low. fuck this shit 100+ or i'm gonna cry for years.

Cryxok

A better translation would be "Let's see, we know of about 50 new Pokemon, do you really think they just kept 20 in reserve?"

Basically saying that "70 New Pokemon" is false... are greninja and the little hawk from the same source as this?

Calcium

Banned
I really hope those images are fake. I'm not crazy about Greninja. Might have to jump off the Froakie ship and cuddle up next to Chespin when the game hits.

Dr. Buni

lol

100+? I hope it isn't more than 120 then. "A grass/dark hedgehog is looking good" Yes please. With a shitty type like Grass/Dark, Quilladin evo MUST look good.

Top Bottom