• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Tusk

Someone on /vp/ said that pokejungle claimed the person that said there are only 70 new pokemon and no post game isn't the original leaker of that Froakie3 image. s:

So, still a chance of there being more than 70?

I'd be seriously disappointed if Mega Evolutions got more attention than brand new Pokemon. This is a new generation of Pokemon and I want the new guys to be the focus, not some older ones with more hair and ridiculously over-powered.

I can say the same about the amount of new Pokémon.

That only proves that even numbered generations bring a lower amount of Pokémon, which is a good reason for people not expect 150 new Pokémon again. 70 is definitely odd, but not impossible, specially if there isn't cross-gen evolutions this time. Again, Gens II and IV introduced very few Pokémon when you ignore cross gen evolutions.

Also, formes technically aren't new Pokémon, but they are marketed as such. Keldeo's Resolution forme was teased as "new Pokémon", so they Game Freak may have the idea of Mega Evolutions being, in fact, new Pokémon.

Not once this gen has GF referred to any mega poke as new. Theyve remained adamant that they are just powered up forms. We have gotten dex entries for every single new pokemon revealed so far.

While I dissagree with you in gen 5, I will agree with you in gen 1. Farfetch'd is just a bird with a leek. I do not .. I just cant even.

" Farfetch'd is my favorite pokemon"

That confuses the hell out of me.
The anime gave Farfetche'd more character. I'd bet that most people that like Farfetche'd like that episode a lot. I know I like Mankey/Primeape a lot more because of how they portrayed them in the show.

I'd be very disappointed if Mega evolutions are what they're using to round out the roster to 100 for this game. The concept isn't that intriguing to me, I don't care for most of the designs, and in Kangaskahns case its a let down because Kangaskhan could have had a cool evo/pre evo instead.

Dr. Buni

Someone on /vp/ said that pokejungle claimed the person that said there are only 70 new pokemon and no post game isn't the original leaker of that Froakie3 image. s:

Well, I was reading 4chan when Froakie3 leaked and the original posted said nothing about new Pokémon or post game in his or her thread. But maybe the thread I was reading was a repost or something.

Not once this gen has GF referred to any mega poke as new. Theyve remained adamant that they are just powered up forms. We have gotten dex entries for every single new pokemon revealed so far.
I know, but that doesn't change the fact that formers were marketed as new Pokémon once. I am not saying that Mega Evolutions are new Pokémon, because they clearly aren't.

Forkball

Guys, Gen IV brought us no much more than 70 new Pokémon, if you ignore evolutions and pre-evolutions (which would be the Mega Evolutions in Gen VI). Johto introduced us to no more than 100 species. I don't think 70 new in Gen VI is that unlikely to happen. If anything, what the ~~~leaker~~~ said about the post game is what we should be worried about.

Why do people keep ignoring that Gen V was marketed as "a fresh start", not having old Pokémon catch-able in the game, so they needed to create a lot of new ones to fill the dex. The exactly opposite is valid for Gen VI, the game supposedly will have a shitload of old Pokémon available.

A new Pokemon is a new Pokemon. Yeah, Gen IV had a lot of babies and evolutions, but they were still new and a lot of the evolutions had interesting ways to obtain them (level up at a certain spot in the map, using items, leveling up at a certain time of a day, having them hold items, having them know specific moves etc.). You may argue quality over quantity, but I think both is important, especially since I really enjoy the "catch em all" aspect of the game so I want a lot of new Pokes. I agree with you that this game having a limited post game would probably be worse news.

In Gen V a lot of old Pokemon are catchable. You can actually catch older Pokemon that were never catchable in any of the games (such as the Gen IV evolution of old Pokemon ala Tangrowth or Yanmega). This may be after you beat the game though, can't really remember. I do like that they are allowing old Pokemon to be in the main story mode though. Hopefully I can beat the Elite Four with one Pokemon from each gen in my team.

But we really are getting worked up over something that probably isn't true. 13 days... HURRY UP EARTH AND ROTATE

His translator made a good call on a blurry scan.

Doesnt change the fact that everyone was all "lol pokejungle". Every dog has his day. Pokebeach gets a lot of flak but man look what happened this gen.

Edit: i hate the serebii confirmed mentality around here but different story for a different day.

Doesnt change the fact that everyone was all "lol pokejungle". Every dog has his day. Pokebeach gets a lot of flak but man look what happened this gen.

Edit: i hate the serebii confirmed mentality around here but different story for a different day.

Yes, Pokebeach posted mostly correct rumors one time and Pokejungle is good at reading blurry scans. Every dog has his day, indeed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FYI you don't know who posted who in 4chan, so it pretty much could be someone trying to make a ruse, much like that text with Golbez.

Why do people always believe blurry images? It's extraordinarily easy to post a clear, aligned picture taken from the screen yet all these "leakers" always seem to post screens from weird angles and out of focus like they've never used a camera before

DaBoss

Why do people always believe blurry images. It's extraordinarily easy to post a clear, aligned picture taken from the screen yet all these "leakers" always seem to post screen from weird angles and out of focus like they're never used a camera before

Exactly. And why does it have to be in the dark too lol.

Though these shots aren't that blurry.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'd be seriously disappointed if Mega Evolutions got more attention than brand new Pokemon. This is a new generation of Pokemon and I want the new guys to be the focus, not some older ones with more hair and ridiculously over-powered.

This pretty much, I am not a fan of Mega Evolutions since they aren't permanent evolutions and are only useful if you are into competitive battle.

I am also really hoping that some past Pokémon get new evolution, since it's so odd that Sylveon is the only one.

Why do people always believe blurry images. It's extraordinarily easy to post a clear, aligned picture taken from the screen yet all these "leakers" always seem to post screen from weird angles and out of focus like they're never used a camera before

Exactly. When i worked at kmart in electronics we got all kinds of shit in early. In fact, it would have been fairly easy to bring my handheld, open up a copy of a game, and boot it up all while taking crystal clear pics.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually REALLY like that Froakie Final Form, using the tongue as a scarf is pretty great imo, and it fits how we've had the Starter Evolutions described...having a way of evolving that resembled a fantasy RPG (he looks very humanoid, and ninja like), and the dude who did Darkrai and other Pokemon said he thought the Froakie Final was "very cool", which makes me think it'd be streamlined like this.

Someone pointed out the PP of Extrasensory is wrong yet, at the same time, that seems like a weird mistake.

FYI you don't know who posted who in 4chan, so it pretty much could be someone trying to make a ruse, much like that text with Golbez.

That was me.

I was drinking and hanging out on /vp/, and just had fun making a thread and pretending I had the game. As I was doing it, that leak of the PokeCenter began, and since I mentioned in the thread I had started with Chespin and evolved him into "Jaegernut", people though I had posted that screen I guess and incorporated the stuff I made up into that image passed around on Reddit and such.

70 new pokemon would be lame, and as someone pointed out, basically means that there are only a 10-20 pokemon not accounted for when you count prospective evolutions of those already revealed. If it is true, and the existence of mega-evolutions is the justification, I'll be even more disappointed because I'm so uninterested in that mechanic. And most of them look like lamed up versions of the originals where some 8 year old drew some extra crap on top of the existing art and called it mega. Anyway, that ship has sailed, so I guess I'd better just get over it. As long as we still get a solid 100+ new guys as well.

I mean, who am I kidding, I'm already in, they literally already have my money (well Gamestop does), but hey, if I can't still complain about it on the internet then why even bother!

The talk about lack of postgame is depressing because now you guys have me thinking about the game being over before it's even out! I don't even want my mind there at all.

Anyway, with guides and such making their way to retail in coming days and such, I can't imagine it's too long before everything is revealed one way or another.

The pain of waiting wasn't even real for me until I did a bunch of trade ins and reserved the game and a 2DS a couple days ago, and now it's killing me.

I mean, look at the Pokemon Center shot. Head on, straight, clear enough that you could practically see the pixels on the screen, featured both screens at the same time, and it showed new geometry.

Boss Doggie

I mean, look at the Pokemon Center shot. Head on, straight, clear enough that you could practically see the pixels on the screen, featured both screens at the same time, and it showed new geometry.

This really.

Most fake screens like to do a blur shot but actual close up shots would show sharpness.

Oh and real or not, I can't help but laugh at how every leaked screen looks like it was taken by some cryptozoologist who has finally found his conclusive photographic evidence of the existence of bigfoot. I mean, is it that hard to snap a second pic if your first attempt is blurry, out of focus, or obscured by glare? Evidently.

Apparently we learned nothing from Gen 5. All the reasons you can provide for them maybe being fake is meaningless if they actually turn out to be real.

Yeah, exactly. You could see the pixels. There was no doubting that was real

Boss Doggie

Apparently we learned nothing from Gen 5. All the reasons you can provide for them maybe being fake is meaningless if they actually turn out to be real.

Gen 5 didn't involve in-game shots though (save for Petilil). That one was more about sprite art.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I remember there was some site used to "identify photo manipulation" that everyone, even Archaic, used to disprove the Starters, even when the mid-forms leaked in CoroCoro and had the same page design as a page that had leaked mere minutes before with the Monkey Trio.

Of course, that site was stupid because they were blurry cam-photos, and being a magazine, a image editing program was obviously used to create the layout and such.

That when some people think a leak is real, and another think it's fake, one group is going to be wrong? I'm not really sure what your point is. Of course speculation about the veracity of leaks is going to produce incorrect results on somebody's part. If people were still going on once conclusive evidence was produced, then that would of course be silly. But to my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet.

Or put more succinctly:

Mind fuck: The inverse is also true.

That Froakie final evo looks different than what I expected, but still cool (assuming its real). I just hope the news of only 70 new Pokemon isn't, I really like a game with a ton of new Pokemon to discover.

DaBoss

That when some people think a leak is real, and another think it's fake, one group is going to be wrong? I'm not really sure what your point is. Of course speculation about the veracity of leaks is going to produce incorrect results on somebody's part. If people were still going on once conclusive evidence was produced, then that would of course be silly. But to my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet.

The point is any reasons you bring up to prove it is fake is moot when it turns out it is real.

The point is any reasons you bring up to prove it is fake is moot when it turns out it is real.

Uh-huh. And my point is that no such thing has happened yet, so why does pointing that out matter?

Or, again:

Mind fuck: The inverse is also true.

Edit: I mean, it's no big deal, but I just don't see why the fact that that essentially, "once something is proven true, then we know it is true" needs to be pointed out. I feel like that's a pretty non-controversial assertion anyway. Which is why I was wondering if there was some other intended context for saying so, I guess.

And vice versa.

They are real or fake irrespective of whether you can see the pixels or if a part of the screen is visible or not.

Trying to figure out truth from image quality is pointless, is my point.

DaBoss

Uh-huh. And my point is that no such thing has happened yet, so why does pointing that out matter?

Or, again:
Yes, you are correct of course. Most right now seem to be persuading themselves they are fake, however, and thus my post was worded like that.

I was explaining what StreetsAhead said because I thought you didn't understand what you said, and I thought he said that because people were convincing themselves it was fake and yea. So yea, you're right.

That is the most confusing sentence I've ever wrote.

Village

The anime gave Farfetche'd more character. I'd bet that most people that like Farfetche'd like that episode a lot. I know I like Mankey/Primeape a lot more because of how they portrayed them in the show.

I guess that is the good thing about pokemon, people can apply their own narratives to their pokemon.

It would be cool if in the new one in pokemon amie or other places dependent on your pokemons attitude, they would act differently. Besides stat boosts and nerfs i mean.

Yeah, so...
a75e66fa903b16791958005660c422d1.png

d7d42e6a842f23e5e48b2d6c145c4fa3

800e274a32a788dfb28c69f4a3325567

This shit it real guys.

Elfteiroh

That last part of the conversation is really going nowhere. We should just stop and wait for more details instead of arguing pointlessly. :O

Ah, sorry guys, they appear fine for me, will fix now.

The images aren't working on Imgur, any alternatives that work with .php? The images show Hawlucha in the Pokedex, the over-world at the Carnac stones and Quilladin battling an Emolga btw.

Boss Doggie

You guys need to rehost it. Linking in PB means you need an account.

I want that Luchadorbird to be real.

Top Bottom