• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Tusk

From what I read in that thread he was assuming there was only 70 new pokemon. o: Basing it on where the legendarys were in the dex. Also, maybe he meant in his opinion there wasn't much of a post game? xD
The way he was talking about the dex, kinda makes it seem like he was lying. :p

Xerneas is about 715/716 and the Z legendary is two after, so I think there are about 70 new Pokemon total in Kalos

Shouldn't he be able to know for sure, if he has the national dex already? Pretty sure Xerneas wouldn't be numberd as 715 or 716 if he only has the regional.

So, either he's lying, or it's just an assumption. I'm leaning toward lying.
Or maybe I'm in denial. ;~;

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I skimmed most of posts here since I got spoiled by my friend based on 70 new pokemon, but I hope that it's fake. I'm more likely not coming back to this thread after this post.

70 new Pokémon is perfectly fine.

Yeah, I agreed.

It really isn't. Not for me ,anyway.

I would disagree.

I think yall are spoiled. I'm pretty sure that they are referring 70 new pokemon on PokeDex. However it seem that people forget the fact that Mega Evolution Pokemons are more likely to not be recorded on PokeDex so we could get more than 30 Mega Evolution for old pokemon. I would like to guess that we might reach about 50 new mega evolution for old pokemon so that would push us over 100 new pokemon.

The more I think about it the less likely I see there only bring 70 new Pokemon, I mean, we've seen 42 Pokemon so far. Now if we include supposed evolutions that's another 12-13 odd Pokemon meaning that there is only 15 odd Pokemon that are completely unrelated to anything we've seen so far. Now, where does that leave space to fill the variety of different areas we can see clearly on the map? Where are the Ice types that will inhabit the snowy area, where are the ground and rock Pokemon that will live in the desert? Does this means that the only new Pokemon we find on grassy routes all game are Skiddo, Bunnelby and the like?

I dunno if that froakie thing is real or not, but considering that a consistent theme to his design would be his bubble scarf why would they suddenly switch up to a solid red coloured scarf?

I hope this is fake cuz i want at least 100 new pokes. But your argument holds very little weight. Look my at avatar for example. GF does what GF wants.

Caladrius

From what I read in that thread he was assuming there was only 70 new pokemon. o: Basing it on where the legendarys were in the dex. Also, maybe he meant in his opinion there wasn't much of a post game? xD
The way he was talking about the dex, kinda makes it seem like he was lying. :p

Shouldn't he be able to know for sure, if he has the national dex already? Pretty sure Xerneas wouldn't be numberd as 715 or 716 if he only has the regional.

The national Dex only shows you the highest number pokemon you've seen in the pokedex.

Regiruler

lol

So do you want 150 new Pokémon again? Edit: I don't want only 70 Pokémon, I just think it is a fair number. 100 would be the ideal to me.

I'd rather be on the more side than the less side. I don't like mega evolutions (I dislike most of the pokemon they are giving it to, especially mewtwo), so if they are using those as the filler I will be angry, and that on top of the no 3D overworld and the lack of a postgame.

Elfteiroh

The more I think about it the less likely I see there only bring 70 new Pokemon, I mean, we've seen 42 Pokemon so far. Now if we include supposed evolutions that's another 12-13 odd Pokemon meaning that there is only 15 odd Pokemon that are completely unrelated to anything we've seen so far. Now, where does that leave space to fill the variety of different areas we can see clearly on the map? Where are the Ice types that will inhabit the snowy area, where are the ground and rock Pokemon that will live in the desert? Does this means that the only new Pokemon we find on grassy routes all game are Skiddo, Bunnelby and the like?

Well... It's already confirmed that there will be a LOT of old pokemons in the wirld from the start... :S

Unlike BW, old Pokemon will be found from the beginning.

Hedge

If fewer pokemon means more versitale and viable pokemon, then I'd go for that. I hate filler pokemon, because I might fall in love with their design and then find out the stats suck. :(

You are forgetting that this game isnt BW. A whole new 150 isnt the gimmick here. In fact, it will probably have a fuck ton of pokes from all gens as evidenced by the trailer. They should have no problem filling out regions in this case.

That said, im hoping for at least a hundred not counting megas. Megas arent new pokes dammnit and id hate to know over half the pokedex already. Pretty underwhelming dex if true.

Village

lol

So do you want 150 new Pokémon again? Edit: I don't want only 70 Pokémon, I just think it is a fair number. 100 would be the ideal to me.

While I am not going to loose my mind over it only being just 70, I think it would be better if there were more pokemon in the region, I feel like that what really separates a region. And along with that I would want to see more artistic exploration in the region, I would be fine with 100 new pokemon in this evolved art style.

But that is just me

Forkball

We got 156 new Pokemon for Gen V, so to have less than half of that would be disappointing. I expect at least 100. I'll let 99 slide if one of them is a Sableye evolution.

Kouriozan

Making 700+ 3D model and animate them is already huge, making 30 more wouldn't be a problem.
If IGN is right, then this game has the highest different Pokémons count of all gens, I would be glad, I lost all my monsters :'(

Dr. Buni

Guys, Gen IV brought us no much more than 70 new Pokémon, if you ignore evolutions and pre-evolutions (which would be the Mega Evolutions in Gen VI). Johto introduced us to no more than 100 species. I don't think 70 new in Gen VI is that unlikely to happen. If anything, what the ~~~leaker~~~ said about the post game is what we should be worried about.

While I am not going to loose my mind over it only being just 70, I think it would be better if there were more pokemon in the region, I feel like that what really separates a region. And along with that I would want to see more artistic exploration in the region, I would be fine with 100 new pokemon in this evolved art style.

But that is just me

I see. Well, 100 would the perfect number for me, but 150 is just... ugh. Both Gen I and V brought us 150 Pokémon and those generations are the ones to have, by far, the biggest amount of filler/useless/uninteresting Pokémon. In my opinion, of course.

We got 156 new Pokemon for Gen V, so to have less than half of that would be disappointing. I expect at least 100. I'll let 99 slide if one of them is a Sableye evolution.

Why do people keep ignoring that Gen V was marketed as "a fresh start", not having old Pokémon catch-able in the game, so they needed to create a lot of new ones to fill the dex. The exactly opposite is valid for Gen VI, the game supposedly will have a shitload of old Pokémon available.

Village

I think yall are spoiled. I'm pretty sure that they are referring 70 new pokemon on PokeDex. However it seem that people forget the fact that Mega Evolution Pokemons are more likely to not be recorded on PokeDex so we could get more than 30 Mega Evolution for old pokemon. I would like to guess that we might reach about 50 new mega evolution for old pokemon so that would push us over 100 new pokemon.

Mega evo's while I enjoy them are just add ons to older pokemon.

I would like to see more from an artistic perspective, I view pokemon as a very profitable art project. They are creating a world filled with new organisms and species that inhabit it. And have their own place in the world. So for me, the more the merrier. If my need to see as much artistic expansion as possible makes me spoiled, I'm spoiled.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You are forgetting that this game isnt BW. A whole new 150 isnt the gimmick here. In fact, it will probably have a fuck ton of pokes from all gens as evidenced by the trailer. They should have no problem filling out regions in this case.

That said, im hoping for at least a hundred not counting megas. Megas arent new pokes dammnit and id hate to know over half the pokedex already. Pretty underwhelming dex if true.

You are forgetting that X/Y is their first main pokemon game in 3D, so it's pretty new for the company. It's easy to expected that they would have low amount of new pokemon because they are focusing on reviving old pokemons with Mega Evolution. Of course, I'm pretty sure that PokeDEX don't really count Mega Pokemon because they are not actually evolution so we are more likely to get more than 30 Mega Pokemon so that would get us over 100 pokemon.

Like I said to other people,

I'm pretty sure that they are referring 70 new pokemon on PokeDex. However it seem that people forget the fact that Mega Evolution Pokemons are more likely to not be recorded on PokeDex so we could get more than 30 Mega Evolution for old pokemon. I would like to guess that we might reach about 50 new mega evolution for old pokemon so that would push us over 100 new pokemon.

Filling in regions with old Pokemon is no indication of a low dex count.

Also, I'd argue that Megas are not new Pokemon. Formes aren't, so why these?

New count for each gen:

G2: 100
G3: 135
G4: 107
G5: 156

70 would be odd.

Village

I see. Well, 100 would the perfect number for me, but 150 is just... ugh. Both Gen I and V brought us 150 Pokémon and those generations are the ones to have, by far, the biggest amount of filler/useless/uninteresting Pokémon. In my opinion, of course.

While I dissagree with you in gen 5, I will agree with you in gen 1. Farfetch'd is just a bird with a leek. I do not .. I just cant even.

" Farfetch'd is my favorite pokemon"

That confuses the hell out of me.

Trigger

Guys, Gen IV brought us no much more than 70 new Pokémon, if you ignore evolutions and pre-evolutions (which would be the Mega Evolutions in Gen VI). Johto introduced us to no more than 100 species. I don't think 70 new in Gen VI is that unlikely to happen. If anything, what the ~~~leaker~~~ said about the post game is what we should be worried about.

My expectations of the post game aren't very high to begin with.

zroid

Banned
i heard that the final evos leaked, can someone just link me to them? I don't want to get spoiled on anything else, so I'd rather not browse the thread. :(

You are forgetting that X/Y is their first main pokemon game in 3D, so it's pretty new for the company. It's easy to expected that they would have low amount of new pokemon because they are focusing on reviving old pokemons with Mega Evolution. Of course, I'm pretty sure that PokeDEX don't really count Mega Pokemon because they are not actually evolution so we are more likely to get more than 30 Mega Pokemon so that would get us over 100 pokemon.

Like I said to other people,

I'm pretty sure that they are referring 70 new pokemon on PokeDex. However it seem that people forget the fact that Mega Evolution Pokemons are more likely to not be recorded on PokeDex so we could get more than 30 Mega Evolution for old pokemon. I would like to guess that we might reach about 50 new mega evolution for old pokemon so that would push us over 100 new pokemon.

Megas are not new pokemon. And during their E3 roundtable GF listed having 150 (basically a high number) pokes as sort of a staple for each new gen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hope this is fake cuz i want at least 100 new pokes. But your argument holds very little weight. Look my at avatar for example. GF does what GF wants.

I guess so, but while dragonite is a pretty drastic change the froakie final has stayed pretty much the same style wise.

Dunno, just throwing my guesses in.

Dr. Buni

My expectations of the post game aren't very high to begin with.
I can say the same about the amount of new Pokémon.

New count for each gen:

G2: 100
G3: 135
G4: 107
G5: 156

70 would be odd.

That only proves that even numbered generations bring a lower amount of Pokémon, which is a good reason for people not expect 150 new Pokémon again. 70 is definitely odd, but not impossible, specially if there isn't cross-gen evolutions this time. Again, Gens II and IV introduced very few Pokémon when you ignore cross gen evolutions.

Also, formes technically aren't new Pokémon, but they are marketed as such. Keldeo's Resolution forme was teased as "new Pokémon", so they Game Freak may have the idea of Mega Evolutions being, in fact, new Pokémon.

I guess so, but while dragonite is a pretty drastic change the froakie final has stayed pretty much the same style wise.

Dunno, just throwing my guesses in.

Probably sounds like im contradicting myself since im pushing for many new pokes but if there is one thing ive learned it is that fans get way too caught up with precedents. Every gen GF has bucked trends time and time again. They do what they want for better or worse.

Top Bottom